Smackdown Discussion Thread

It's amazing how much Wyatt promos improve when he's focused on a championship, rather than ~vague sp00kiness~

Totally agree re Ziggler. That theme needs binning yesterday

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bryan announced on Talking Smack that American Alpha are defending the belts in a Tag Turmoil match at EC. And Alexa is defending the Womens belt against Naomi. So neither will be Chamber matches.

I'm happy anyway, the last time they did a Chamber event they had a tag team one which was a complete mess and an IC title match full of midcarders. Just having the one Chamber match with the big boys in is much better. You can probably add Harper vs Orton and you've got a decent little card.

The Miz was hilarious on commentary during that main event. 

It was in the daily star that they think they'll go with Miz & Maryse vs Cena & Nikki @ Mania.

I'd happily have a miz Cena feud but intergender matches are always worthless.

Wow, from becoming a 16 time World Champion to a meaningless mixed tag match in the space of 2 month's?! That's King Kong Bundy levels of demotion that.

For me, we could have had a real "changing of the gaurd" Mania this year with say Joe/HHH, Reigns/Taker and Cena/AJ loser leaves Smackdown match (pretty sure Cena is buggering off for a while again after Mania) with AJ,Reigns & Joe all going over and taking us into a "new era".

• Paid Members

It was in the daily star that they think they'll go with Miz & Maryse vs Cena & Nikki @ Mania.

Wow, from becoming a 16 time World Champion to a meaningless mixed tag match in the space of 2 month's?! That's King Kong Bundy levels of demotion that.

Reminds me of...

19890402_hogan_savage.jpg

YE85IAw.jpg

• Awards Moderator

I understand from the anonymous Redditor who started this rumour that it's derived from a Total Divas storyline, likely ending in a Cena marriage proposal to Nikki.

I understand from the anonymous Redditor who started this rumour that it's derived from a Total Divas storyline, likely ending in a Cena marriage proposal to Nikki.

I read that Nikki Bella's neck has not healed so it could be her retirement match.

To link into the above, maybe Nikki wins the match at Mania, retires and Cena proposes to her after the match.

Decent episode of Smackdown I thought. Corbin getting the pin in the 4 way over Styles was pretty surprising. I wonder what they have planned for him at Mania? IC title match with Ambrose?

This Ziggler/Crews/Kalisto feud really is the shits. So they turn Dolph seemingly in the hope that he can get the crowd to cheer for Crews and Kalisto yet it's getting Dolph more cheers than he's had in ages. What is Crews supposed to be? They need to flesh out his back story a bit instead of him just being 'generic smiling African-American'.

I only presumed the Ziggler fued was to get Kalisto/Crews working together as a tag team, which I'd be all for. Its a shame really as Crews has pretty much everything they look for, except for any personality. 

Archived