Smackdown Discussion Thread

I'd guess it's so there's more than just the one Smackdown match on the card. I bet it gets stuck between whichever title match is the semi main and the Rumble itself, and is about 6 minutes long. I hope I'm wrong, but it just stinks of "pissbreak match".

If you are talking about the 6-women tag, then it is on the pre-show.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Is it? Ah well, I recline corrected. Still only one Smackdown match on the actual show though, isn't there?

Is it? Ah well, I recline corrected. Still only one Smackdown match on the actual show though, isn't there?

2 Raw, 1 Smackdown, 1 205 Live, and the Rumble Match

Pre Show:

Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya

Main Show:

Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns

AJ Styles vs. John Cena

Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley

Rich Swann vs. Neville

Royal Rumble match

Is this another four-hour effort? I don't know how they do their time management but even accounting for the Rumble, five matches in four hours can't be enough?

I cannot remember if last years was four hours, but that only had five matches as well.

Apparently the sd women have been crammed into a 6 woman tag on the Rumble pre-show. Load of bollocks when you consider that even Smackdown's secondary womans feud (Natalya/Nikki) is miles better than anything Charlotte and Bailey have stumbled their way through.

SmackDown has got a PPV in two weeks, though, and the women's division has been booked oddly regarding the Rumble. There's no number one contender, but two non title women's feuds. Presumably the cage match and Mickie return was timed to allow enough setup for something at Elimination Chamber.

It does seem like they've left a lot off the card here that could go on if it's a four hour show.

Apparently the sd women have been crammed into a 6 woman tag on the Rumble pre-show. Load of bollocks when you consider that even Smackdown's secondary womans feud (Natalya/Nikki) is miles better than anything Charlotte and Bailey have stumbled their way through.

Those six are going into elimation chamber after rumble. Is pretty smart.

For years we have all complained about matches getting to point of overkill, now smackdowns tags and womans title are being protected, and still no ones happy

• Paid Members

Why not chuck Slater & Rhyno Vs Acension/Fashion Police or something of that ilk on the preshow and the women on the main Rumble show itself? PPV or not in two weeks, surely you need to be getting eyes on the Smackdown product on PPV so people watching on actual PPV may want to subscribe to the Network for Elimination Chamber in 2 weeks? They might as well have made the Royal Rumble a Raw brand show. Will there be a similar shafting at 'Mania. Why not move the Smackdown PPV back a week or so. They have to rush through their build in 2 weeks, but Raw get 5 weeks to build to Fastlane?

They'll probably not reschedule Elimination Chamber at this point just because we've complained online. There'd be plenty of lads miffed that they'd bought tickets and booked time off work etc for the date it's set for. 

It's strange that they've got Nikki vs Natalya good to go as a singles match, which won't be happening at the Chamber and probably not at Mania, yet they've not put that on the Rumble. They must be pushed for time somewhere, though it's hard to see how looking at the card on paper.

• Paid Members

I'm guessing they'll probably do a big blow-off match on an episode of Sandown and hype the fuck out of it, maybe even put it on last. They seem to be putting some big-ish matches you'd expect to see on ppv on Smackdown instead.

• Paid Members

I didn't think they'd move a PPV at this point, I meant when they were drawing up the original schedule. I'd imagine the Nikki/NAttie match will be going down on the Smackdown that airs the week of Fast Lane. The brands are still in that pattern of building to big TV episodes the week the other brand has a PPV, which is nice, but I'd rather they try and take the extra time to build to the next PPV.

I'm guessing they'll probably do a big blow-off match on an episode of Sandown and hype the fuck out of it, maybe even put it on last. They seem to be putting some big-ish matches you'd expect to see on ppv on Smackdown instead.

Maybe they'll be on horses too?

• Paid Members

I think there's a chance we may be getting Shane McMahon and Dean Ambrose w/Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles and The Miz w/Maryse at WrestleMania.

It combines two feuds that seem to be having a bit of crossover, and Shane and Ambrose can represent Bryan against The Miz. I don't expect we'll see both of the secondary straps defended on the big show and I can't see Styles having the belt come Mania at this point.

Complete waste of AJ that, I'd have him hold the belt until Mania and face The Undertaker at said event.

Seems a similar situation to CM Punk back in 2013, great title run but then panicked at the Rumble and got the belt off him so the real stars could fued over it.

I imagine AJ will go a similar route, and become some shite, jokey, smiley babyface by the time Summerslam comes around.

Archived