Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Moderators
His facial hair is fairly Carlton Banks-esque.

Pitcos is right, he looks like a comedy actor from one of those American teen comedy shows that used to come on Trouble back in the 90's.

I would definitely find him more convincing if he went totally in the other direction and embraaced his Carlton Banks / David Otunga side and does the comedy thing.

Doesn't fit it at all with what they're trying to do with him though!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Really? I think he looks like a pretty mean bastard, not to be fucked with when he's got his serious face on. But also has a lovely face when he's smiling, which could help him be a John Cena like babyface when it comes to appearances and interviews representing the company.

He's a weird looking fella. Massive upper body on two stick legs.

When you say stick...you mean great big fuck off oak tree, right?

• Paid Members
Really? I think he looks like a pretty mean bastard, not to be fucked with when he's got his serious face on. But also has a lovely face when he's smiling, which could help him be a John Cena like babyface when it comes to appearances and interviews representing the company.

I was going to say. I loved the neo-Taz look they gave him, and the only way you can pull off the singlet/no-kneepads look is if you've got legs like tree-trunks, which Taz had and Big E does.

• Paid Members
Tazz looked like a bag of shit until he put the binman outfit on. Big E isn't that bad, but no big-name wrestler should be going round in a singlet that the closest comparison to is little fat Tazz.

Strongly disagree. At his height in ECW, he was tiny, but looked like a ball of nastiness who'd fuck you up.

• Paid Members

Nah, from the knee down, his legs are like twiglets. Now on an ordinary guy, I'm sure he's got massive calves but for a guy with a chest and thighs as wide as he has, they look like cartoon chicken drumsticks.

Tazz looked like a bag of shit until he put the binman outfit on. Big E isn't that bad, but no big-name wrestler should be going round in a singlet that the closest comparison to is little fat Tazz.

Strongly disagree. At his height in ECW, he was tiny, but looked like a ball of nastiness who'd fuck you up.

Definitely.

He wasn't fat whilst in ECW.

tazz3.jpg

His hard-man look along with the booking where he never got pinned and was throwing everyone around the ring (from people even smaller than him like Mikey & Spike up to huge people like Paul Varelans & Mike Awesome), he was a very convincing tough guy.

I can remember being ridiculously excited when Taz debuted in the WWE and his debut was great as well. Then it all just went to shit. Pretty woeful feud with King Lawler and the terrible costume change.

Tazz and also Raven both majorly underachieved in the WWE.

• Paid Members
Yeah Taz always looked solid and legit dunno if he really was but matters not,

On the subject of kneepads I cringe anytime I see someone wrestling without them, guys get crazy wear and tear when wearing them so surely without is just speeding up the process, Im glad guys like Show and Cody now where them now

For some reason, I thought Cody looked good without kneepads - mainly because it was a unique look at the time, I suppose. But you're right - it was good for him to get them back on, especially as he's using moonsaults now. Don't want to end up like Muta before you reach Muta's age.

Show, though - I don't know. He's big enough that he can pull off the look, but also that he doesn't have to wrestle a style that puts too much pressure on the knees. He doesn't and shouldn't bump on a regular basis, so I can't imagine an absence of kneepads would affect him as much as it does others.

Archived