Smackdown Discussion Thread

Another good week for SmackDown I thought. The Usos Vs The Real Americans was a really fun match and I found myself laughing out loud with the whole shenanigans with Zeb. The best part was seeing Cesaro and Swagger let go of the wheelchair and for it to roll down the ramp during the entrance, brilliant. Bray Wyatt delivered a great promo as per usual and continues to stay fresh each week. The tag match between the New Age Outlaws and Goldust & Rhodes was top notch. I wouldn't be surprised to see NAO take the straps tomorrow night on RAW. I could imagine they'd face Mysterio and Show at Mania. I'm really looking forward to the Batista/Del Rio confrontation which should happen tomorrow night, with Del Rio receiving a Spinebuster and Batistabomb. Talking about the Del Rio his match with Mysterio was a good match also.

I wish Kane would fuck right off though. The most inconsistent character in WWE history, probably. I have no interest in him and he looks like a right twat in a suit and shit hair style. He looks like he works in your local Go Outdoors branch.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another good week for SmackDown I thought. The Usos Vs The Real Americans was a really fun match and I found myself laughing out loud with the whole shenanigans with Zeb. The best part was seeing Cesaro and Swagger let go of the wheelchair and for it to roll down the ramp during the entrance, brilliant.

It was the highlight of the show for me. I really enjoy the funny things Zeb says (especially on commentary) and his mannerisms.

Also, I thought the Mae Young tribute video was classy and I loved the Lumineers song they used. WWE does those tributes spot on.

Zeb Colter was a highlight this week, but then again Heels on Wheels usually are

Zeb Colter was fantastic! Really like what they've done with the whole Real Americans act. The Uso's are performing brilliantly as well. Two teams that definitely deserve a run with the belts.

• Paid Members

I liked the show overall this week. It's weird when instead of a break, they go to the app footage but you get an extended period with reduced sound.

The opening tag was solid, doing a good job of being both a competitive tag and keeping Big Show looking super strong ahead of facing Lesnar.

Los Matadores turned up as well and seemingly started an undercard rivalry with Ryback & Axel. Look everyone: a tag division with depth. It would be an idea to reunite Kofi and Evan Bourne too, if they can't think of a way to bring Bourne back. Certainly better than these pointless Kofi singles bouts we keep getting.

The ten man was a lot of fun to end the show. Goldust & Road Dogg had some tremendous exchanges. RUMBLE CHAOS~! to finish.

Bring on the PPV.

Los Matadores turned up as well and seemingly started an undercard rivalry with Ryback & Axel. Look everyone: a tag division with depth.

"oh u cheated lets have a rematch next week" isn't depth. It's WWE's standard shitty midcard booking. The only tag teams that have anything interesting going on are the ones who are breaking up or feuding with a popular singles wrestler.

• Paid Members
Los Matadores turned up as well and seemingly started an undercard rivalry with Ryback & Axel. Look everyone: a tag division with depth.

"oh u cheated lets have a rematch next week" isn't depth. It's WWE's standard shitty midcard booking. The only tag teams that have anything interesting going on are the ones who are breaking up or feuding with a popular singles wrestler.

I meant depth in terms of volume rather than a reflection of the storytelling quality. At least it wasn't Los Matadores beating 3MB again..

"Who trusts The Outlaws? They've still got an outstanding bartab from myself and Ron Simmons from 1998". Priceless commentary from JBL.

SmackDown was once again good. Some solid tag teams at the moment. Bad News Barrett was fantastic this week absolutely burying that stinker between The Miz and Brodus Clay. I have to say The Miz looks like a right twat. He looks like a little boy who's just got out the bath and flicked his hair back.

No progession with the Orton/Cena feud at all. The video package doesn't do fuck all to save an already shite feud. I wish the WWE would stop playing the Cena/Orton feud as having this long history and legacy.

No progession with the Orton/Cena feud at all. The video package doesn't do fuck all to save an already shite feud. I wish the WWE would stop playing the Cena/Orton feud as having this long history and legacy.

It does have a long history and legacy. Just a really bad one.

I liked the show overall this week. It's weird when instead of a break, they go to the app footage but you get an extended period with reduced sound.

It's replacing the "From the Vault" match, from what I can make out. And it's awesome, because I love seeing the complete TV matches. They really butchered an Usos/Wyatts match a couple of months back - I saw it live and it was long and really good, if quite slow paced but when it aired they had probably cut out nearly half of it.

It does have a long history and legacy. Just a really bad one.

Yeah your right there. I worded it abit wrong really. It just feels like we as fans are made to feel that this is in the same quality feud as the likes of Austin/Rock, Austin/Bret and Triple H/Rock etc. Yet there feud has reached nowhere near those heights. It's just the two main stars of the roster put against each other once again with very little chemistry.

What year did they try and recreate the Warrior/Hogan face off in the Rumble with Cena/Orton and the crowd weren't interested in the slightest? I know obviously they have to push whoever and whatever is current as the most important thing ever but it was just embarrassing

They did it twice as well for some reason. Like they couldn't believe the crowd didn't care the first time.

Even more embarrassingly for the Orton/Cena thing was that they did a mini face off at the same Rumble with Cena and Kofi Kingston and that actually did get a reaction from the crowd.

Archived