Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's worth a thought that Cena's only not champion because he got hurt. I can't see how they'd get the title back on him tonight, but now that he's back earlier than expected and D-Bry/Orton has gone down the shitter, they may decide to just revert to the original plan.

If they hadn't done the cm skunk angle on smackdown, they could have had ADR vs juan cena, with ADR getting massive boos and fans feeling pissed off.

Then Orton Bryan right after, with cena coming out as both in ring announcing he is enacting his rematch clause, and slots into match as a 3 way his dodgy arm can be easier carried through

Part of me thinks the Punk/Ryback/Heyman thing is going to be an angle and not a match. Only a small part of me, mind.

The way Heyman has been openly patronising towards Ryback ('I control my monster Ryback'), I can see the match starting and Ryback just turning his back on Heyman, leaving him to get twatted around the cell by Punk. They can say he's getting his own back on Heyman for masterminding the Maddox screw job from last year, which is when Ryback's career started to fall apart.

I was at Smackdown tonight in Tampa.

Here's what went down:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Adrian Neville beat Sami Zayn

Ryback beat Kofi Kingston

Santino Marella beat Heath Slater

Fandango beat The Great Khali

Los Matadores beat Los Locales

Smackdown:

The Usos beat Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose

Luke Harper & Erick Rowan beat The Prime Time Players

Natalya & The Bella Twins beat AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka & Alicia Fox

John Cena, Goldust & Cody Rhodes beat The Real Americans & Damien Sandow

Miz TV with Shawn Michaels.......Miz says Shawn has left the building, Orton comes out, berates Miz and RKOs him before Miz can respond.

Daniel Bryan beat Randy Orton by DQ

Really positive reaction for Cena. Didn't hear a single boo for him. A few Cena sucks chants during his match, but still no booing. Was quite strange actually.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And I met Bob Backlund before the show.

• Paid Members

He came across as a proper badass in that segment. I'm hoping they go for the long slow burn, if they break The Shield up anytime this year it'll be a big fuck up. They need a final hurrah as a team dominating in the Royal Rumble. Have them fallout during the Rumble when the chance of a WM title shot breaks them apart and then lead to a 3 way at Wrestlemania. Anything else will be bullshit.

That main event this week was bloody awesome, even better than the majority of Shield matches from this year. Cesaro and Cena definitely have 15 minutes on Main Event or Smackdown in their future, they were awesome together. Cena got some pretty impressive height on that lift into an uppercut.

Just watching Smackdown now...fucking hell I hate John Cena when he puts on his "wigger" voice. He sounds like a right bellend.

I mentioned this in a thread the other night. He didn't used to do this before he was injured, did he? I know he brought it out a few times during his feud with The Rock to hark back to the wigger gimmick, and at times he's done promos in his Southern Lawyer John Cena voice... But it seems like he's made minstrelling up a permanent part of the act again -- well, based on the two shows he's been back. I'm wondering if he's always done this and I just didn't notice until he had two months off.

He came across as a proper badass in that segment. I'm hoping they go for the long slow burn, if they break The Shield up anytime this year it'll be a big fuck up. They need a final hurrah as a team dominating in the Royal Rumble. Have them fallout during the Rumble when the chance of a WM title shot breaks them apart and then lead to a 3 way at Wrestlemania. Anything else will be bullshit.

Sounds alright, but I'd rather them split up on Monday than have the same variation of six-mans every week. They have started to mix it up a bit in fairness on this show, with Ambrose and Rollins teaming up, but I'm not going to be convinced that Daniel Bryan and The Usos vs The Shield is a fresh match just because Reigns gives his mates a dirty look at some point during it.

Archived