Smackdown Discussion Thread

Bit of a weak Smackdown this time round, in that there were no really good matches as there has been recently, and there was practically no Road Dogg vs Daniel Bryan interaction in the main event. I'm a big time Road Dogg guy since his return, so I would have liked to have seen that. Disappointments aside, that Batista turn was fantastic. A few weeks of insufferable babyface Dave was worth it for this, he was well and truly back to form. Decent match with Ziggler too, although I kind of wish he'd been challenged by a complete jobber so that we'd just got a complete Batista squash.

Cesaro doing the neutraliser on Menry was a pretty great spot too, and the match was ok. They're clearly going to split the Real Americans up, but I like that it hasn't been rushed. Much like with the Shield, the writers actually seem to be pacing it pretty well, which is a refreshing change of pace.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bit of a weak Smackdown this time round, in that there were no really good matches as there has been recently, and there was practically no Road Dogg vs Daniel Bryan interaction in the main event. I'm a big time Road Dogg guy since his return, so I would have liked to have seen that. Disappointments aside, that Batista turn was fantastic. A few weeks of insufferable babyface Dave was worth it for this, he was well and truly back to form. Decent match with Ziggler too, although I kind of wish he'd been challenged by a complete jobber so that we'd just got a complete Batista squash.

Cesaro doing the neutraliser on Menry was a pretty great spot too, and the match was ok. They're clearly going to split the Real Americans up, but I like that it hasn't been rushed. Much like with the Shield, the writers actually seem to be pacing it pretty well, which is a refreshing change of pace.

He turned fully then...? On Smackdown?

• Paid Members

Yep, full heel turn. He told the fans he was going to destroy their heroes one by one.

The Dave segment was obviously fantastic. If they had him in the role Randy Orton's been in since Summerslam imagine how amazing it would have been. Orton is just a dull robotic heel, while Batista is just an absolute wonderful bastard. The Ziggler match was alright too. I might be looking into things too much but it seems like from his matches Dave is old and can't keep up with the younger guys but he relies on his sheer brute power to get the upper hand. Good stuff going forward.

Also, The Shield/Wyatt segment was fantastic. Didn't like Bray's promo but everything after that was solid gold. It's sad that next Monday will probably be the end of this fued, I'd love it to go on for months. There's so much potential there for various stories and matches but ah well. When these 6 are involved it's just electric.

Cesaro nearly killed Big E with that suplex though. Very nasty.

• Paid Members
So will they turn Orton face before Mania or will it be heel vs heel?

Everybody seems to assume Daniel Bryan will weasel his way into Big Dave's title match, setting up a three way.

Going by months of TV, it would make sense if the constantly dissatisfied Authority puts the bullet in Orton's head and went with his old pal Batista as the face of WWE.

• Paid Members
Oh, Batista on this show! Fucking amazing man. Lights dimmed, flexing the muscles his detractors dont have. I'd happily wank Big Dave off in front of my Mam and Dad after the promo on the latest episode of Smackdown. Flat cap, sunglasses and vest, so he's already established he's a dickhead. "Where are all the real men?" Indeed. Slagging off midget wrestlers. He's going to destroy all the fans heroes. And he started will Dolph, because he's a nob. He laughed in his face when Dolph challenged him. Full on heel promo. "Deal With It"

"Oh he looks just like me! If he can be champion, so can I". So great. This is the Big Dave I want to see. Good look in the ring as well. Wasn't gassed after his match either.

Spot on.

Fucking sensational promo. He looked like an absolute tit too. That just adds to him when he heels it up. Brilliant delivery though. And believable content.

Batisa's back!

• Paid Members

Batista :love:

I got such a hard on for that promo, it was note perfect from start to finish in both content and delivery- I just hope that they really use Big Dave to their advantage on Raw tomorrow night, he is the perfect weapon to battle the dickhead contingent planning a 'hijack'.

• Paid Members

I usually download Smackdown, but this week I got the Sky version and noticed the same thing. Was the same on the German Sky version too for what it's worth. So weird.

Show opens cold with them saying Dolph has "answered Batista's challenge", then the Real Americans vs Henry/E, then Michael Cole welcoming us to the show and running down the matches including the tag we just saw and then Batista doing the real opening segment and getting interrupted by Dolph.

What a fuck up.

I usually download Smackdown, but this week I got the Sky version and noticed the same thing. Was the same on the German Sky version too for what it's worth. So weird.

Show opens cold with them saying Dolph has "answered Batista's challenge", then the Real Americans vs Henry/E, then Michael Cole welcoming us to the show and running down the matches including the tag we just saw and then Batista doing the real opening segment and getting interrupted by Dolph.

What a fuck up.

Get sky sports then.

Archived