Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You can't get anyone to invest in Orton as a face now anwyay, it's too late for Mania.

Absolutely. Turning him would be pointless, nobody gives a fuck about him. If they persist with just Orton VS Batista in singles, then it'll be like Orton VS Triple H at the Rumble 2005. Was meant to gain sympathy but nobody have a fuck about him. There's no way he will be cheered anything soon.

• Paid Members

Smackdown has become more relevant recently. For the past couple of years, or at least since they no longer had an exclusive roster, there was pretty much no reason to watch it from a storyline-development perspective. Now though, things have started to happen that are quite relevant. Not 'Paul Heyman promo before Survivor Series' level, but it's definitely more must-see.

• Paid Members

Apart from the Shield summit, Smackdown was pretty shite this week. Inconsequential matches aplenty. Batista and Bryan was a really disappointing segment after last week's excellence. If others give a toss about Christian/Sheamus or Dolph/Del Rio they may have enjoyed it more than I did.

Only problem I had with The Shield summit was that Rollins came across as being too apologetic. It should have been the other two doing the grovelling IMO. And Rollins should have been the one to bring up the PPV when Ambrose abandoned them. Good finish though. How to be united while making it obvious you're not united 101.

Smackdown has become more relevant recently. For the past couple of years, or at least since they no longer had an exclusive roster, there was pretty much no reason to watch it from a storyline-development perspective. Now though, things have started to happen that are quite relevant. Not 'Paul Heyman promo before Survivor Series' level, but it's definitely more must-see.

100% agreed, I haven't watched Smackdown regularly in years yet I don't mss a Raw show and I always feel like I haven't missed anything at all, however this past month alone I have missed people qualify for the chamber, Batista's heel turn and an important angle regarding the Shield. I will start watching more often now. I just hope the fake audience sound doesn't put me off again.

100% agreed, I haven't watched Smackdown regularly in years yet I don't mss a Raw show and I always feel like I haven't missed anything at all, however this past month alone I have missed people qualify for the chamber, Batista's heel turn and an important angle regarding the Shield. I will start watching more often now. I just hope the fake audience sound doesn't put me off again.

Think that's what always put me off for ages, don't think I've bothered watching Smackdown regularly (or at all) since before Wrestlemania 20, now they've seemingly decided to put a bit of effort in might start watching it again

Archived