The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I think on the ratings, people were genuinely tuning in for Bryan, some to see if it was a work, some just to see what he had to say, there was interest. I reckon they hung around waiting for him, then it never came, and never came, and never fucking came for over 2 hours, meanwhile you have Adam Rose and Titus O'Neil doing things, Jericho being a cringe cunt and the 35th match in the best of 7 between Owens/Ziggler. I think people just gave up on it and thought "fuck this I will watch it online later I'm playing fifa".

Yeah the Dudley's return has been crap, but then after the initial obvious pop and shock factor it was going to be, I never got how they could work in 2016 as a tag team, when half the audience don't know who the hell they are, they can't chuck women through tables, and the tag division is worthless. It isn't 99/2000 when the whole world was watching and the tag division was red hot and actually a contributor to drawing numbers and ratings on a show, its filler, garbage.

Just split them, let D-Von fuck off backstage or to NXT to coach and give Bubba a 6 month run heading into Summerslam. Him and Brock, or him and Rusev if they built him back as the foreign monster against New York's own Bubba defending the USA could be sound.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

I don't think he's ever getting out of the Bubba Ray shadow in WWE. The timing and everything seemed right in TNA for a reboot, I just cant see it taking in WWE. He's just going to be a fat shit Dudley now forever.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Bubba Ray is brilliant as a heel. Why not have him burst a few folk and take on Brock? Bit late for Mania but it's a match I'd like to see.

In my "ideal" Mania card based on who's going to be available, the Fast Lane card etc, I have Buh Buh/Bully with Styles. A.J. is the bollocks but I'd put him in with a strong heel. Even a six week or so build based on a Dudleys split and turn would do for now.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

IIRC, one of Brock's earliest feuds was with a newly-single Bubba Ray. It didn't do so well, but to be fair, Bubba hadn't yet turned out to be the heel he'd go on to be in TNA. Normally I'd say it wouldn't be worth seeing it again, but both guys have evolved greatly from those days; I'd be intrigued to see how it works now.

Ziggler pissing me off! Can't understand why they're taking Owens off the boil just a couple months before Mania? Boggles the mind.

I thought the Ambrose-Lesnar stuff was really compelling and then kinda petered out w/ the low-blow. thought when Reigns came out Ambrose was gonna tell him to fuck off cos he doesn't want help. Sneaky Ambrose main event? He's been really featured lately and coming across loads better than Reigns atm. Reigns didn't even get boos last night, just tepid reactions

They're BEGGING for Truth and Goldust to have chemistry aint they? Jordan & Gable this is not

The Jericho-Miz stuff was pretty fun, mostly cos of Miz. To be fair to them, they have introduced AJ Styles fantastically well so far., and they're giving people reasons to tune into Smackdown for once  I'm liking it.

Ryback's got a new look lets give him a video package to hype him up. Yeah then we'll have the Wyatts batter him on the same night Lol

I'm cool with heel Dudleyz. Heel Bubba would be better obvs but I'll take this, just give him the mic and let him be a mean fucker.

After being on the fence from the Trial of CM Punk thread and podcast, watching Bryan's speech and how he emphasised his graciousness, that tipped me way into "yeah, you're a cunt Punk". Bryan is just ridiculously likeable, I think anyone from people who've main-evented Mania to people who've just imagined it on a regular basis would be touched by his speech. Cried about 5 different times I was a mess. Obviously loved the guy ages but I was an old ROH-head so always been fond, it's just amazing to see the response for him today - unanimous. in the same way Edge's retirement made me realise how good he was, this one has made me think 'shit, he was special'. Very lucky if we see anybody reach that level of overness by 2026

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Bubba Ray is brilliant as a heel. Why not have him burst a few folk and take on Brock? Bit late for Mania but it's a match I'd like to see.

In my "ideal" Mania card based on who's going to be available, the Fast Lane card etc, I have Buh Buh/Bully with Styles. A.J. is the bollocks but I'd put him in with a strong heel. Even a six week or so build based on a Dudleys split and turn would do for now.

That I could definitely live with. Good shout.

I know the Brock/Bubba thing was done briefly 12 years ago but both are much better in how they carry themselves and go about their business in the ring.

Heel Bubba in TNA was actually pretty damn good. Too late for Brock but a short build with AJ could be quality.

• Paid Members

My sky recording cut out just around the time he was ttalking about his dad, but my goodness was it touching stuff even before that point and I can just imagine it got more emotional as it went on. It's incredibly sad that he has had to retire and as fans we'll be lucky to ever see anyone like him again. Bryan is just so damn dead on its crazy. In a businesses filled with as many irredeemable characters as this one, Daniel Bryan epitomises how you can be a good person and still get everything you want from your dreams if you work hard enough for it. The way he spoke at the end about being grateful for everything that he had was another genuine moment from him that is, unfortunately, all too uncommon in not just wrestling these days but in all walks of life and he'll really, truly be missed by millions of people. I'm just glad he got out with the rest of his health still in tact to be able to live a normal life post wrestling.

As for the rest of raw :

Ryback losing already? So much for gettimy excited about a possible push there.

They seem to be doing things quite sensibly with AJ styles so far which hopefully keeps up.

Bubba as a heel in singles or tags will be a refreshing change and hopefully he can run with it to freshen things up in the tag division a bit.

The opening angle I thought was pretty hot, but I don't think Ambrose or reigns came out of the second angle particularly well. Is there potential here for Ambrose being lesnars mania opponent instead of Wyatt?

As for the rest of the show, the less said, the better.

• Paid Members

That 90 days is so sly. It rules him out of WrestleMania and the big pay day that comes with it. That's a mean punishment for something so minor. Bollock him. Even make him apologise to the locker room for disrespecting the boss. But a suspension which leads to him losing his biggest pay day is pretty rum.

Especially when they've been pushing him as a decent guy out of the ring in recent times. You'd think they'd want to protect that image but then I guess he's not in a position on the card for them to care that much. There's still something really shit about his in-ring work for me. One of the most awkward guys on the roster.