The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

If I grabbed a senior boss by the arm for no reason, I'd expect disciplinary actions to be taken. Don't get why he did it at that time at all

Where do you work out of interest, for you to expect that sort of punishment?

I can understand the senior boss might not like it, but Christ in the grand scheme of things he did nothing. This is western civilisation 2016, not Aerys Targaryen's Westeros.

I work for a large bank. If a boss was just walking by me and I yanked them back to me by the arm, in what way is that acceptable behaviour?

I work for a large corporate too. I wouldn't know people that senior if I met them. When I used to work for a tighter knit company, my MD was (and is) one of my best friends. It's not black and white. (No pun intended)

• Paid Members

I work for a large bank. If a boss was just walking by me and I yanked them back to me by the arm, in what way is that acceptable behaviour?

Well it completely depends on your relationship with them. But let's say you're not pally-pally, considering the context in which it was intended (playful), do you not think the punishment is excessive? I mean in the grand scheme of things, what has he actually done wrong? What harm- physical or mental- was caused and with which intent?

If the equivalent of an office junior grabs the millionaire owner of a company in front of the entire workforce and (in the owners head) embarrasses him you'd be lucky to see that office junior ever again, let alone after 60 days. I think people are forgetting Vince's actual position here because he so often (of his own doing in most cases) comes across as one of the boys. Can totally understand him using this to send a message.

Well it completely depends on your relationship with them. But let's say you're not pally-pally, considering the context in which it was intended (playful), do you not think the punishment is excessive? I mean in the grand scheme of things, what has he actually done wrong? What harm- physical or mental- was caused and with which intent?

Even if I was pally with them, I'd still respect their position enough to not be play fighting with them at work. Especially when part of a scripted show, and done at a totally inappropriate time. Daniel bryan, a wrestlemania headliner, massive merch seller, and crowd hanging on every word, and Titus decides there and then to play fight. Bad fucking life choice as he himself has admitted. He even said he would understand of he was let go, so I do t think he needs defending re getting 60 days

• Paid Members

Especially when part of a scripted show, and done at a totally inappropriate time. Daniel bryan, a wrestlemania headliner, massive merch seller, and crowd hanging on every word, and Titus decides there and then to play fight.

Yeah, I'll concede that his timing was fucking stupid. Of all times to do it.

• Paid Members

It all depends on what's contractually in WWE's disciplinary procedures, really. Of course, with it being a US company and of a particularly Republican bent, chances are that they've structured everything to allow them to be completely arbitrary and, should the situation arise, completely subject to Vince's whims.

If it was over here, it most likely wouldn't be legal. The Tories have done their best to roll back workers' rights the past few years, but there are still laws in place that dictate that, if you've been with the company for long enough, you can only be fired for criminal activity or gross misconduct. Anything less than that, and the company in question HAS to follow its procedures, which usually means a verbal warning for the first offence, a written for the second, and then suspensions and firings.

Anyway, given WWE's completely arbitrary situation, I think it's fair to call Vince a fucking bell-end in this case. M'lud, I refer you back to the point made by the esteemed John Lister that they'd initially slapped him with a punishment worse than a second steroid offence, and have reduced it to bring it on par with a first one.

I should also point out that the fact O'Neil's admitted the failing himself doesn't really mean anything in itself: one could argue he's simply looking to avoid further repercussions by showing contrition and that he's at heart a company man.

If the equivalent of an office junior grabs the millionaire owner of a company in front of the entire workforce and (in the owners head) embarrasses him you'd be lucky to see that office junior ever again, let alone after 60 days. I think people are forgetting Vince's actual position here because he so often (of his own doing in most cases) comes across as one of the boys. Can totally understand him using this to send a message.

Is it though? I get the point that you and others are trying to make here, but this is WWE, not RBS. Vince has made a woman get on all fours whilst barking like a dog and has had countless men's face shoved into his backside. You think that he'd have a sense of humour about most things. But he doesn't as he's a nutter. The only thing that I can say is that the timing of what Titus did was stupid. However, a 60 day suspension is completely over the top and is not justified. Send him home for a couple of weeks and let that be the end of it.

Is it though? I get the point that you and others are trying to make here, but this is WWE, not RBS. Vince has made a woman get on all fours whilst barking like a dog and has had countless men's face shoved into his backside. You think that he'd have a sense of humour about most things. But he doesn't as he's a nutter. The only thing that I can say is that the timing of what Titus did was stupid. However, a 60 day suspension is completely over the top and is not justified. Send him home for a couple of weeks and let that be the end of it.

All those things happened as planned. What Titus did wasn't. What's so hard to get about that?

All those things happened as planned. What Titus did wasn't. What's so hard to get about that?

The point I'm making is that it's not a stuffy corporation. It's wrestling. You'd think that there'd be a little bit of leeway for minor things in a company where grown men roll around in their pants.

• Paid Members

Exactly. Vince once spent an entire flight sneaking up on Kurt Angle and trying to wrestle him to the ground. Even during landing. Normal work rules don't apply.

That's the second time somebody has mentioned this lately. I need more stories like this, they're fascinating. Vince being barmy never gets boring.

• Paid Members

Exactly. Vince once spent an entire flight sneaking up on Kurt Angle and trying to wrestle him to the ground. Even during landing. Normal work rules don't apply.

That's the second time somebody has mentioned this lately. I need more stories like this, they're fascinating. Vince being barmy never gets boring.

The best bit was when Undertaker thought Vince and Kurt were fighting for real and choked Kurt out while Vince laughed his arse off.