The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I enjoyed all of the stuff involving this new Corporation angle. The beginning and end segments were great and both HHH and Orton came across as utter bastards. I'm looking forward to seeing how all of this plays out.

Thought the rest of the show was very uneventful though. Was full of filler and felt like it lasted a lifetime.

Edited by AndyUK

Yeah, maybe you're right Reznor, I just think of Dorada as being one of the better earning minis in Mexico and figure they could get much the same effect with someone half as talented really.

I half assume Dinastia's a kid rather than a mini.

I didn't mind Bryan not coming down full of fire. The way it played out established the heels as utter bastards excellently where as if he ran down all guns blazing they'd have been right to have knocked shit out of him. Remember that the long ass HHH promo had created a bit of a grey area, yeah he was wrong for doing it but he believed he was doing it for the fans and his family. Now it's clear that while those things are true he's also an massive twat. What's more is that the amount of momentum Bryan has had requires him to get chopped down a little other wise, if as I suspect, with this storyline being set to run a fairly long time (untill the Rumble at least i reckon), he'd lose his head of steam too early. Chop him down, build him back up and the redemption will be all the more satisfying.

Sin Cara's probably finished now, isn't he?

You'd imagine so. Especially when it turns out it was just a dislocated finger. He only needed to grit his teeth and get on with it for what would no doubt have been a couple of minutes and half a dozen spots or so.

His signing has just been disastrous on every imagineable level; Everything that could go badly, has. Bad performances, some awful luck, and by all accounts a rotten attitude.

It's kind of difficult to recognise him from what he was up to 2010. He barely missed a step, was able to connect with the fans, carried himself like a star, was rarely injured, and was a real rugged little bugger - he often practically had to be scraped off arena floors only to keep going night after night. It's a bit of a head scratcher, although he's obviously chucked it himself and has probably just be seeing out his time for a while now.

• Moderators
A bit of fantasy booking: I think him running out through the middle of the roster with a chair in hand smacking it on The Shield would convey he's fucked off better and just be a more impressive visual rather than hoping The Shield wouldn't touch him if he walked down there. Or you could have him use the element of surprise and come from out of the crowd and give a flying knee, chair in hand, from the barricade. It's something that the crowd could really get behind. That's his 'shine'. Bryan stares Orton and Triple H down from the outside. Triple H tells Steph to exit as things could get messy, Vince leaves too. As he's trying to find a way into the ring, Maddox comes down as a distraction. Maybe he's also wielding a chair and plays the innocent card when Bryan turns around. One of The Shield attacks Bryan and then all members get involved. Trips calls for them to send him in and Orton and Trips batter him from then on. Rather than believing The Shield would stand at the side and do nothing, he should have brought the fight to them in order to get his hands on Triple H and Orton. He was saying earlier on that he wasn't scared of getting fired and that he would give them reason to fire him, but he hardly looked like he was ready to fuck them up when he came down.

Thank god you haven't got the pencil. The Shield were rehabilitated last night, why would you fuck that off in the same night by having Bryan knee on of them out? There's a solid heel base at the top, you have to make them look strong on the first night otherwise it means fuck all! Also, Bryan didn't think they'd stand aside, that's why he went there for a fight. They're making him into a strong babyface, with what looks like a long angle. That needs strong heels. Also, why was shine in inverted commas?

Edited by PowerButchi

The closing segment of raw was fantastic. I really felt for Bryan, they really laid the boot in on him and things like that will make Bryan a bigger star in the long run. The fans have that emotion with bryan, I feel like I'm watching the underdog being bullied and I will keep watching for him to have his day.

HHH was superb,he turned arrogant and smarmy which will get him a lot of heat. The way he was talking to Bryan when he was trying to get in the ring was great for the story, I just wanted Bryan to get in and get him :-)

Bryan will be a huge star cause of this, if they play it right and build it up and up.

Ive got a feeling hbk will get involved. If HHH was in charge when shawn was getting over he would have had the same attitude towards him.(storyline wise) Hbk and Bryan are very similar.

Edited by bono

A watchable show, but three hours is still far too long given the seemingly thin roster they seem to have. When you have got PTP vs. Real Americans (FFWD material), Usos vs. 3MB (FFWD material), Sandow/Rhodes again and Miz/Barrett (leading to a Miz/Fandango feud) all on the same show it is very telling of the roster.

There have been comments made earlier in the thread about the lack of top-level faces and heels and I have to agree that they really need more stars to carry so many hours of TV each week. With no Cena, Sheamus, Lesnar, Rock, Undertaker, Kane, Y2J, etc.. WWE are left with maybe a handful of main event stars (Punk seems like he really needs a few months off as well) and a roster full of mid-card talent.

Not too sure about the new direction for Ryback. If it leads to something worthwhile being done (like getting a new star over) then maybe I can tolerate it, but it seems like it is going to happen on Raw and Smackdown each week which could get tedious very quickly. If the segments were shorter and to-the-point maybe they would be better and more effective, but the one on Raw this week just seemed to go on forever.

The Cena/Bryan/McMahon stuff to open and end the show was very good, as was some of the Punk/Heyman stuff and the use of The Shield was very good as well this week.

Where do we see the Punk/Heyman and Bryan/McMahon/Orton feuds going?

Punk vs. Axel does not really sound too good and would only last a couple of months if they really felt like stretching it out (it would also feel like a massive drop from Lesnar for Punk). Team Punk vs. Team Heyman at Survivor Series?

Do we see Bryan winning the title before the end of 2013 or having his 'Mania moment winning the title? Bryan having to make his way through The Shield (and others) for the next couple of months leading into a 5-on-5/4-on-4 Survivor Series match for his chance to fight Orton for the belt (Bryan wins he gets a title shot, he loses and he is not given a shot while Orton is champion). Bryan loses and has to enter the Rumble (at #1?) to get a shot at the title at Wrestlemania (which he wins for his big moment). Or Bryan plows through everyone put in his way for the next couple of months, fights Orton at Survivor Series and wins the title.

Crikey.

I'm about to say something I don't think I've ever said before.

Settle in. Prepare yourselves.

Stephanie McMahon was fucking brilliant last night. FUCKING BRILLIANT. In fact, aside from Triple H getting a bit lost, Steph, Hunter and Maddox were ace. I love that they're being cast as completely sure-of-themselves fundamentalists, arrogant, passive aggressive nightmare bureaucrats. They were all so sneaky, talking about Daniel Bryan in ostensibly complimentary terms and trying rationally (again 'ostensibly') to explain themselves. All the 'great little technician', 'over achieved' and 'he's probably a little scared' stuff was great. Triple H was great at chucking in little understated remarks that buried Bryan (in the constructive, heel-y sense you understand.)

My only concern is that they'll bottle it and Bryan will get replaced with a returning Cena in time for Mania. In fact, I'm already convinced of it.

The best thing about the promo, actually, was that unlike so many past turns that brought enemies together, they actually acknowledged, and even embraced, the past. The little build that led Orton to shake an enthusiastic Vinces hand, a more stoic Triple H's hand and then, after a tense stand off, hug Stephanie was fucking ace. I even gasped for real.

The 'coal that became the diamond' line slayed me.

Loving that stuff.

CM Punk is a dork and that 'fight' went on forever. What made the fan shit worst was that, in context, I think the fan was booing the substance of Punks promo; that Heyman wanted him to apologise. Yeah, so that was shit.

Also, did anyone notice Bray Wyatt forget where the hard cam was a bunch of times?

On his finisher it looked he got it right, questioned himself so turned, and then turned back again. Then on the pin he went down the wrong way (DIIIIIING DOOOOOONG), before grumbling something and turning. The Wyatt Family stuff has really gone to shit. Presumably that's why The Shield have re-emerged.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Meltzer mentioned on their audio show that the "B+" thing comes from something he said about HHH in 98. Now if that's true that's highly amusing that HHH remembers and trawled it out as something to say about Daniel Bryan (from a heel perspective). And they say it was Foley and Hart that read their observer match reviews compulsively!

Edited by twelve_grand

That end segment made me feel 14 again, wanting the face to twat them all and not giving a fuck about 'long term builds' or whatever else, just genuinely wanting something to happen that I knew wouldn't, sorry to go over the top but THIS IS FUCKING BRILLIANT

As for the rest of the show, Cameron looked amazing and thats about it