The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

It comes across as sanctimonious without provocation. But he has every right to shove it down someone's throat if they accuse him of being 'all that's wrong with TV today', style over substance and just interested in the fame and the money. Fuck taking that shit off anybody. If I'd spent so much of my off-time doing the shit he does, I'd be fucking PISSED if someone who'd never achieved a fraction of what I'd achieved came along and accused me, in public, of being a joke, or selfish or whatever.

Cena didn't reel it off out of nowhere, it was the only possible response to the shit Bryan came out with first.

It's like name dropping, isn't it. If you say 'yeah, im better than you because I'm totally bezzie mates with Les Dennis' you sound like a prick but if someone, in front of lots of people, calls you a cunt and tries to belittle you for not knowing Les Dennis, you'd point out you played squash together. Wouldn't you?

Meh. The segment went on for too long, nothing either of them said was particularly worthy. Cena could have easiily deflected Bryan's provocations without specifically going on about make a wish kids. Nothing you can say will convince me that wasn't really shit.

For me, I really enjoyed the Miz TV segment. It sucked me in with the passion and conviction of the delivery of their promos. I am looking forward to their match on Sunday. I wonder if it is going to be the main event?

Along with the botch in the mixed tag was terrible. I thought in the Bryan vs Barrett match, it seemed that Wade's positioning was completely out in parts of the match. Not one of Barrett's finest efforts.

• Paid Members

I think hallicks and I are saying the same thing, really. Yes, if this was real, Cena should say all of what he said and then some, but all that does is make Bryan look a berk for having a problem with him. Bryan needs the help, so that promo was counter productive because all it did was make Bryan look a nob. Because of what he said, but also because of Cena. Bryan seemed to be set up as a straw man for the booing fans for Cena to actually get to tell them to shut up without actually doing it. It didn't help us get behind Bryan.

They could have stayed off that topic, they could have had Cena carry on the generic wwe universe stuff, which wouldn't have made his point quite as well, but would have made it a less one sided thing.

Or maybe they figured Bryan was more popular than Cena and they wanted to split the crowd more. Seems unlikely though

You still seem to be blaming Cena for Bryan having shit material.

Bryan doesn't need 'help', he needs logical, strong material that highlights him as an underdog, but a fiery one with years of wrestling experience. It's not Cenas fault that Bryan was booked into the ground. Cenas half of the promo was well put together, logical and well delivered.

If Bryan looked weak, or a prick, it's not because Cena was TOO logical, or TOO passionate, it's because Bryan was given shit to work with.

Yeah. I didn't really phrase that well.

I mean, he doesn't need artificial boosts. He's on fire at the minute, and the underdog narrative writes itself. He doesn't need help, but he equally doesn't need albatross-esque material that drags him back.

Miz looked a right prick with his agreeing nod when Cena said his show is usually shit. My favourite part was when Bryan said Cena doesn't think he's on the same level as The Rock and HBK etc and a fan shouted out "You're not!" Which seemed to make Cena stutter and lose track almost.

• Paid Members
You still seem to be blaming Cena for Bryan having shit material.

Bryan doesn't need 'help', he needs logical, strong material that highlights him as an underdog, but a fiery one with years of wrestling experience. It's not Cenas fault that Bryan was booked into the ground. Cenas half of the promo was well put together, logical and well delivered.

If Bryan looked weak, or a prick, it's not because Cena was TOO logical, or TOO passionate, it's because Bryan was given shit to work with.

Daz, I don't think you've interpreted the promo all that great to be honest and are focusing on certain aspects of it and completely missing the others. I'm very much not a fan of D-Bry reverting to 'you can't wrestle' rubbish that his been done since 2006 and is a bit of a joke now, mainly because he's better than that anyway and is way above being just a smarks favourite, he's a quality WWE style wrestler. Anyway, the whole promo and Cena-Bryan deal has been a great continuity and hark back to Bryans underlying inferiority complex. The constant pokes and digs at him by Vince, by Maddox through Vince are lighting that underdog fire in him that brought out that great fire in those Shield matches when he was convinced everyone thought he was the weak link. And Ortons there lying in the background again, who was the guy who openly said he is the weak link. And now there's Triple H as the ref who was the man who stopped his match with Orton when D-Bry insisted he could continue. He's very much being built as the underdog.

I enjoyed the promo and I think some of the content really helped establish that dynamic. The likes of Vince and Maddox have been pushing it and trying to convince Bryan that Cena picked him because he's actually not that much of a threat. Bryan has began to believe that and it's getting to him and fueling his fire. The aforementioned 'weak link' angle has shown that, that actually makes Bryan his most dangerous. Cena basically confirmed that (for Bryan) when he said he doesn't consider him on the level of Michaels, Batista, Triple H, Punk, Rock - at least not yet. Bryan think Cena isn't taken him that seriously and that brought out his true emotion, he thinks Cena will take him lightly and not give the effort he would against those guys but Bryan warns him he is not the weak link, that Cena has no idea how bad he wants this, wants that chance to hold the WWE title just once, that Cena should not underestimate that. I really liked that part of it and it was interesting that this changed Cenas manner, almost as if that got to him and he began to realise he's got himself more of a battle than he thought. Although i'm not a fan of Bryan reverting to the indy stuff, I liked the closing moments. Bryan retorting to not yet gaining Cenas respect with implying he's earned respect from greater men and that actually Cena isn't worthy of his respect. And with Cena actually appearing to lose his cool a little and selling it, I thought ended the angle fairly strong. Some of it is a bit of a mess, sure. But the one thing I do like about the D-Bry 'i'm a better wrestler than you' is it kind of nods back to D-Brys first appearance on WWE tv with Nexus and that has been referenced in his first promo the other week. It's like he still feels that way and it's been burning inside him all this time. Although some of it is a bit messy, there is a good story there and I don't think that Miz TV segment made Bryan look as much of a prick as Daz is implying at all and did do a decent job of painting him as the passionate underdog who has it in him. I'm very confident these two will tell a banging story Sunday and have a great match.

I felt both guys came across ok. Bryan's gimmick from a few months ago was that he was paranoid, so it fits in that he keeps bitching about Cena not respecting him. Saying Cena can't wrestle when he's the WWE Champion and he's beaten everyone totally destroys wrestling in a way. Cena didn't beat them in samba dancing, he beat them in a wrestling match.

Anyways, I also thought it was odd that Cena said he "couldn't think of a better special referee" than Triple H given that Triple H made a bad call in the last Summerslam main event he referee'd involving Cena losing the WWE Championship! I'm all for playing the face, but it's making him look a right mug. I did like during that segment when Triple H came to split them up, he'd be stern to Cena but he'd smile at Bryan.

I'm thinking we might get a dual turn. Triple H screws Cena, Bryan becomes a Corporate Champion with Orton chasing him. Bryan could do with hiring The Shield to stop Orton from constantly trying to cash-in.

The whole thing seems counter productive, why can't they just talk about beating the shit out of eachother like Rock and Stone Cold always used to?

That was sarcasm right? You know, what with the whole Debra thing, them singing to each other, etc. The build up to Rock vs. Austin at WM 17, bar the Limp Bizkit video, wasn't what you'd call great. They changed it a bit in the go home show but it certainly wasn't all "I wanna beat the shit out of you."