The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Quite a good show this week. Luckily, there is a nice big angle that the fans are in to with this new corporate Triple H and Orton vs Daniel Bryan story whilst Cena is away. I think last night's closing angle was a solid start to the story and Orton is clearly not going to have trouble getting the fans to turn on him. The hug with Stephanie and the RKO on Bryan were fantastic touches as despite Orton's characteristics remaining fairly heel like over recent years, these actions gave him that despicable edge. Bryan was pretty good in the opening segment with Stephanie and it was smart to keep Vince and Triple H away from Bryan until the end as Stephanie brushing off Bryan with the B+ comment makes it seem like he should just cut his losses and get back in line. The upper brass are keeping a patronizing stance on him now and they think they've got it all worked out. It'll be brilliant to see it all unfold.

A good showing for The Shield this week, looks like they are well and truly back in the fold after such involvement in one show. Both handicap matches were entertaining and made a nice change from several throwaway singles matches on Raw. Rhodes vs Sandow served as the pointless singles match this week. Pointless given the definitive victory for Rhodes the night before.

The tag division is looking alright isn't it. Nice to see the Prime time players embracing their new support, Darren Young looked like he was having a ball. Zeb touched upon Darren coming out by talking about WWE hitting the headlines this week but obviously wasn't to go any further, I think the passing reference was enough not to ruffle any feathers but let the viewer make the connection that this biggot leading the All Americans isn't in support of this.

RVD and Ricardo? I kind of like it. Ricardo can play the role of a new Bill Alfonzo. I hope he gets a whistle.

I didn't really like the brawl between Punk and Axl. Curtis just looks like he is being shoehorned in and after seeing Lesnar every week recently Curtis just isn't going to cut it.

Some good stuff overall though. I'm looking forward to next weeks show.

Edited by thesimonbegz

John Cena has fucked off for 4-6 months. :laugh:

Better get the Samaritans onto this forum now. However will some (Pitcos) survive.

Mostly by thinking about how great it'll be when he returns and wins the Rumble. Perhaps the more apt question is what will cretins like you cry about for 4-6 months now? Of course, we know the answer to that as well: Triple H.

I'm glad they've finally got Fandango doing something with the Miz and RVD's in the world title picture where he probably should have been in the first place. I thought for sure Ricardo was bringing Rey back, is Rey done? Odd couple to say the least.

Yeah, it's weird how it was Rob Van Dam. Literally everything that happened in the segment leading up to the reveal pointed to it being Rey. Perhaps they thought that, as they're bound to be doing Cena vs Orton again, it was best not to do more Mysterio vs Del Rio in case I started doing what that mad bloke did after they sacked Mickie James. Or Rey's had his gammy knees amputated.

• Paid Members

Bray Wyatt seemingly starting to be pushed back a little doesn't shock me at all. I've said since he debuted he was all style and no substance and his last and only two matches so far have proven that, he's sloppy and crap. His promos are still too confusing and niche to grab the audience, and it doesn't help his two sidekicks are terrible in the ring (though I love Harper's discus clothesline).

He can have a well thought out and executed character all he likes, but if he goes into the ring and wrestles like a sloppy version of the Godwinns and cuts stupid promos nobody can get behind properly outside of a catchphrase or two, then he's going to bomb.

He's definitely one of those people that gets people behind him for being unique and new, but then quickly exposes himself after a while.

Babyface Punk mouthing off at the fat lad was a strange one,maybe he's a bit pissed off that Bryan is getting the proper main event star build that he never really got.

If they'd done exactly the same angle with 2011 CM Punk, when the security guards came out to remove him, he'd have rolled his eyes and said "These guys look like local independent wrestlers."

Edited by King Pitcos

I felt a bit flat from the end of Raw. I think Bryan needed a bit of a boost post-Summerslam and then a cut off. He'd managed to break back into the building and then had a pathetic entrance being called in by Triple H. I'm fine with Triple H and the others looking dominant and like twats, but I don't think that Bryan had enough to sufficiently give him a bit of a boost from Summerslam.

A bit of fantasy booking: I think him running out through the middle of the roster with a chair in hand smacking it on The Shield would convey he's fucked off better and just be a more impressive visual rather than hoping The Shield wouldn't touch him if he walked down there. Or you could have him use the element of surprise and come from out of the crowd and give a flying knee, chair in hand, from the barricade. It's something that the crowd could really get behind. That's his 'shine'. Bryan stares Orton and Triple H down from the outside. Triple H tells Steph to exit as things could get messy, Vince leaves too. As he's trying to find a way into the ring, Maddox comes down as a distraction. Maybe he's also wielding a chair and plays the innocent card when Bryan turns around. One of The Shield attacks Bryan and then all members get involved. Trips calls for them to send him in and Orton and Trips batter him from then on. Rather than believing The Shield would stand at the side and do nothing, he should have brought the fight to them in order to get his hands on Triple H and Orton. He was saying earlier on that he wasn't scared of getting fired and that he would give them reason to fire him, but he hardly looked like he was ready to fuck them up when he came down.

I know they've got weeks to build to this kind of thing and it's early on, but I think that post-Summerslam they should have just given him a bit more.

You just know that Los Matadores are going to be loads of fun, i'm looking forward to them already. It doesn't hurt that Primo's actually pretty great and underutilised either. And they should have Mascarita Dorada with them as Novillerito or something too!

I've seen a rumour somewhere else that that's the plan. Probably isn't a bad use of Dorada in the 'E really, considering they haven't brought back the juniors division, he'll get to hit some of his dazzling spots and the kids should love him. Quite frankly if everyone's not in love with Dorada a couple of weeks after he debuts then something's gone wrong.

Although in a way it also seems strange to use him in that spot. Nobody flies quite like Mascarita Dorada but you'd have thought there'd be cheaper alternatives for such a role. At least the tag guys are probably more liely to be considered dispensible enough for them to work as fall guys for him.

It's well known on here that I'm not the biggest fan of WWE these days, but the comments on here and Twitter piqued my interest and I've spent the last hour or so catching up with YouTube videos. I have to say, I thought the endings of Summerslam and RAW were some really good, well-done angles. Having Orton, Triple H and the McMahons as heels again just seems so much more natural! The biggest compliment I can pay it is it's the sort of angle that got me back into wrestling in time for the Attitude Era the last time I stopped watching for any sort of sustained period.

The new belt looks good, too. I can't see myself getting back into it properly, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on those highlight videos over the next few weeks.

Edited by Magnum

Ryback is a constant highlight, I wonder whose gonna be the first baby to stick up for themselves.

Sami Zayn would be a good shout

I was thinking that earlier as well. No idea if he's main-roster ready, but Sami Zayn looks plain enough for Ryback to bully, and if they keep this going for a while longer, it should be a big moment when someone does stand up to him.

• Paid Members

Meltzer has suggested that the "B+" comment has come from when he called HHH a "solid B+" in 1998. Dunno if he's being a bit too self important there, but quite funny nonetheless

You just know that Los Matadores are going to be loads of fun, i'm looking forward to them already. It doesn't hurt that Primo's actually pretty great and underutilised either. And they should have Mascarita Dorada with them as Novillerito or something too!

I've seen a rumour somewhere else that that's the plan. Probably isn't a bad use of Dorada in the 'E really, considering they haven't brought back the juniors division, he'll get to hit some of his dazzling spots and the kids should love him. Quite frankly if everyone's not in love with Dorada a couple of weeks after he debuts then something's gone wrong.

Although in a way it also seems strange to use him in that spot. Nobody flies quite like Mascarita Dorada but you'd have thought there'd be cheaper alternatives for such a role. At least the tag guys are probably more liely to be considered dispensible enough for them to work as fall guys for him.

Ha, was just a random thought as i typed too.

I don't know if there really would be that many cheaper alternatives, as you don't see too many real midgets nowadays in Mexico who are athletic enough to do all the highflying, high impact stuff - especially now that Tzuki's buggered, and the original Mascarita Sagrada (Nova) and Octagoncito (Mosaic) are pretty old and probably broken down now too. There are still a lot of good mini's these day, but they tend to mostly just be smaller guys instead of real midgets who are all cute & shit for the fans to really take to them.

The only alternative I can think of offhand would be the little wolf dude I saw in TxT once, Lobito. But even Mascarita's probably not demanding huge money anyway, so they're as well bringing in the best. Especially when he's unbreakable!

After Mascarita's in, they can then bring in Pierrothito or the old Espectrito and dust off the old Torito suit from '97 :)

EDIT: Fuck, forgot Dinastia! He's probably borderline real midget too! Maybe a bit big...

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members
I was thinking that earlier as well. No idea if he's main-roster ready, but Sami Zayn looks plain enough for Ryback to bully, and if they keep this going for a while longer, it should be a big moment when someone does stand up to him.

Steady on - let's not fantasy book Ryback to victimize anyone else while we're still waiting for him to try and beat some hetero into Darren Young.

I really enjoyed the main angle on the show. Everything else just seemed a lot like filler to me. It's scary how there are hardly too many over faces or heels. Good to see RVD going for the World Title against Del Rio. I don't see the Ricardo alliance lasting long. He is bound to turn on him.

I liked the whole idea of the closing angle, as someone else said in this forum, Daniel Bryan should have had a little bit of an advantage before being taken down. He came across as a bit stupid to walk into the obvious trap. Mind you most faces are portrayed like that.

I really liked Orton as the heel, where he is at his best, and how they played into his history with the McMahons. His match with Daniel Bryan at NOC will be great. I would like to see him getting the number 1 contendership by wining a handicap match with some help from Show/Henry against the Shield.