The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Totally bought into the entire Corporation/Bryan storyline last night right up until the end of the show when despite the full roster being on the ramp, none of them helped Daniel Bryan against The Shield. Not even Show or Henry or Ziggler. Ruined the entire thing for me.

Triple H made it perfectly clear that if anybody got involved there would be major consequences. All of them were obviously cacking it at the thought of working for TNA. The storyline throughout the show was Triple H having The Shield beat people up 3 v 1, because they said something bad about him on twitter. Clearly, nobody wants that, so they stay out of it. Also, you don't want anybody stealing Bryan's thunder, as he's the one that has the big bollocks to stand up for himself.

Anyway, the Bryan stuff was good, but the end segment had to contend with a crowd that seemed a bit burned out. If the crowd reacted to Bryan like at the start of the night that final segment would have been incredible, it was still good mind. They left absolutely no doubt in our minds that they're a pack of bastards and it's fair game for Bryan to batter everybody.

The set up of this Corporation is really well done, though. For Bryan to get to the McMahon's he has to get through Maddox, The Shield and Orton, that's months of programming, right there. Although, I can see them using Bryan as a way to get heat on Orton for that much anticipated Cena/Orton re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-match. I hope I'm wrong, as Bryan is really freshening up the top of the card, and we all want to see him smack everybody about and win his title back.

CM Punk was lucky the crowd didn't turn on him during that bizarre rant to the fat lad. I didn't mind it myself, but I agree it did make me think "what a twat".

Edited by Blackson Jackson

Something that's struck me from paying a bit more attention this past week is just how depleted they are in terms of top babyfaces at this moment. Compare with Wrestlemania time; between injuries, heel turns and hiatuses, they now don't have Cena, Orton, Kane, Triple H, Rey Jr, Sheamus, Undertaker, Rock, Ryback, Del Rio, and Jericho.

It's not a lot of depth. Can Bryan, Punk and RVD hold the fort sufficiently and see out the year themselves? Menry and Big Show are around to take some of the strain, certainly, but they look to be sidetracked with the tag division. Ziggler, Miz, Christian and Rhodes seem positively midcard to me, without much real potential to step up in the short term.

Are we expecting to see some big returns? babyface turns? new stars being created?

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members
Ryback has basically turned into O'Doyle from Billy Madison now.

I think the Bryan vs. Triple H's corporation feud is a good idea in theory. But I reckon Triple H will probably ruin it. He's not as good an onscreen character as Vince and I'd be surprised if he allows himself to be beaten up and humiliated every other week like Vince did with Austin. Also Stephanie McMahon needs to get the fuck off TV now and forever.

He won't. He'll build it and build it and eventually face Bryan in a match where he'll probably tap in the centre of the ring.

They're fucked for top-line fully active heels as well to be honest. Pickings are quite slim in the main event bracket.

Fair point too when you consider Punk's recently turned. I guess Triple H can go full time (for PPV anyway) for a bit though, and as unimpressive as he's been to me so far, Wyatt beating Kane pretty much positions him pretty near the top (not that he'll be main-eventing, granted). I see the biggest gap on the heel side as being lack of a 'Heyman guy' for Punk to keep himself occupied with. Surely Perfects extremely boring son isn't going to cut it if Lesnar's off for a few months.

------

You just know that Los Matadores are going to be loads of fun, i'm looking forward to them already. It doesn't hurt that Primo's actually pretty great and underutilised either. And they should have Mascarita Dorada with them as Novillerito or something too!

Edited by Reznor

He won't. He'll build it and build it and eventually face Bryan in a match where he'll probably tap in the centre of the ring.

Exactly. Don't see why anyone would think Triple H will try and ruin this. I'm pretty sure he must be high on Bryan at the moment, and want to get him over huge.

Exactly. Don't see why anyone would think Triple H will try and ruin this. I'm pretty sure he must be high on Bryan at the moment, and want to get him over huge.

Same line of thought I'm going with.

I'm hoping for a few months of Bryan having to get through each member of the Corporation. Build to maybe the Rumble Bryan vs HHH in which HHH taps, setting Bryan up for the vengeance come Mania vs Orton. As I'm assuming 6 months out for Cena more or less rules him out for a decent build for Mania.

You just know that Los Matadores are going to be loads of fun, i'm looking forward to them already. It doesn't hurt that Primo's actually pretty great and underutilised either. And they should have Mascarita Dorada with them as Novillerito or something too!

You may have hit on something there! Didn't they sign Dorada a while back?

You may have hit on something there! Didn't they sign Dorada a while back?

They did indeed!

Damn, I'm all wet now...

• Paid Members
As I'm assuming 6 months out for Cena more or less rules him out for a decent build for Mania.

Remember Cena is a machine. 6 months for him actually means 2 at the most. He's like T-1000, he just needs to remould his poly alloy.

Last night was the first time Maddox really seemed at home as a GM to me, which I'm glad about as I'm a fan of the guy. He definitely works better as a complete twat rather than the 'give the crowd what they want' GM he was a few weeks ago.

People have said it before, but he really did remind me of Bischoff.

Apart from HHH typically saying the same thing for days and days and days that was a good show. I actually think Stephanie's pretty good in the heel role, the opening segment was class, especially the dismissive "your anger management issues are clearly getting the better of you". I like the Shield being henchmen for the final boss HHH/Orton/Vince. They need to be kept relevant cos, as much as I hate to say it, the Wyatt's have been shit since coming up. Bray looked sloppy as hell in that squash. He's the sort of character that needs direction, promos, motivations and the like or the daftness of his act gets exposed. The Shield vs Big Show on the other hand was fun stuff.

I'm glad they've finally got Fandango doing something with the Miz and RVD's in the world title picture where he probably should have been in the first place. I thought for sure Ricardo was bringing Rey back, is Rey done? Odd couple to say the least.

Can't wait for Los Matadores! The tag divisions starting to look good again with the fun heel All Americans, monster legends Show/Henry, the reliably awesome Uso's and the PTP's actually winning. Ryback is a constant highlight, I wonder whose gonna be the first baby to stick up for themselves.