The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The wonderful thing about the Jason Jordan angle is they've got so many places they can take it, should they decide it's not working one way. It's a relatively fresh idea in 2017 WWE and I'm very interested to see how it plays out come 'Mania.

Edited by ColinBollocks

12 hours ago, Louch said:

Using wrestlers real names just makes you sound silly, that you did makes me assume you don't like Reigns and still really think cena sucks

No.

Before posting I just did a random google search for Jason Jordan. Simply used his real name to maké my point about him not making me believe his words. Lets not drag it. I am rooting for Jason Jordan to prove me wrong.

Sj2255' comment about the Maivia style push sounds interesting. 

• Paid Members

I think Jason Jordan's a sacrificial lamb for a bigger story. I have no idea if this was the case or not, but him being announced had an air of "Hornswoggle as Vince's illegitimate son" about it - like there was something else they had been planning to reveal, but a spanner was thrown in the works and they had to panic book something else to take its place.

I figured, as many did, that whatever was going on in this angle was a set-up for an eventual Kurt Angle vs. Triple H match, and I still wouldn't be surprised if that's where it ends up, even if it takes a more circuitous route to get there.

I'm guessing that the eventual reveal will be that Jason Jordan isn't Kurt Angle's son, and that Triple H and Stephanie - and possibly Corey Graves, given his weird involvement in the story so far - have worked both of them in order to get to a point that they can show how Kurt Angle is unfit for the job of General Manager, paving the way for the Authority to make their return.

• Paid Members

Corey Graves and Kurt Angle are both from Pittsburgh,  so there's some logic that their circles might have overlapped or at least Graves would be accepted by Kurt as a confidante.

they'd have to undo quite a lot of stuff for a "not really" to make sense in the Jordan story. On that network interview Jason mentioned hiring a private detective who got in touch with his birth mother and figured it out from there. 

I'm interested in Cory Graves' 'knower-of-things' role though, perhaps there's going to be something bigger or meaningful down the line, like who was texting him and who sent him the CCTV of Cass faking an attack? This is a key reason Raw has been the superior watch since Mania for me most weeks, along with the Brock/Joe/Roman/Braun general badassery you have these intriguing who-dun-its and mystery elements where us ever-so-smart fans have precisely no idea how it's gonna pan out, which is something that's felt lacking with their writing for a long time. Even if this Jordan thing feels like a complete misfire, I can at least applaud the effort.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I hope that they're going somewhere with Corey - though I'm in two minds as to how I want to end up. On one hand, it'd be pretty cool to see him transition into a managerial role but, on the other, he's by far the best colour commentator they've had in years, and I'd hate to lose him at the announce table. I hope they're testing the waters to have him in the sort of role Bobby Heenan used to play, dividing his time between commentating and managing, and just being a general nuisance. It's been so long since they've had someone play that kind of role that it would seem pretty fresh, and Graves is more than good enough to do it.

You're right that it would take a lot of undoing to get to "not really" for Jason Jordan, but it seems like such a ridiculously big angle to run with and not have a get-out clause for the entirely reasonable eventuality that it doesn't pan out. Like how Hornswoggle turned out to actually be Finlay's kid and they colluded on tricking Vince for reasons I can't remember at all.

• Paid Members

Not a single comment in this thread since this week's episode. That must be some sort of record for low interest.

The Goldust promo was the most intriguing thing on the show, so there you go. I think they might be calling Velveteen Dream up to be his protege.

the UKFF's been falling arse over tit all week in fairness, so wouldn't judge this week's telly off that.

Velveteen Dream as Goldust's protege sounds absolutely marvellous, I can't believe I haven't had that idea.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

the UKFF's been falling arse over tit all week in fairness, so wouldn't judge this week's telly off that.

Ah yeah, I'd forgot about that. Was it Tuesday when it was fucked all day? Would explain the drop off in discussion for Raw in particular.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, D@mm said:

Aint it too early to be calling up The Velveteen Dream, maybe they will have Goldust manage someone else for a bit first and then have him manage The Velveteen Dream afterwards.

The guy has character and personality, get him up to RAW asap.  Plus, being around Dustin will likely be the best bit of teaching he'll ever have.

• Paid Members

That pop when Seth and Dean finally went fist-to-fist was awesome. This Shield reunion has been great stuff so far. The first thing in ages that's really caught my attention. I get goosebumps imagining the three of them eventually coming through the crowd in their old riot gear.

Edited by Supremo

Yeah came here to give that story props. Both guys needed it as I was sick to the back teeth of them and this has made them massively more interesting. Both tag titles matches are now my most anticipated along with the universal title. Speaking of which, the face-to-face-to-face-to-face felt a bit damp. Pull-apart brawls with the locker room emptying being overdone a bit lately and Joe and Roman just kind of vanished