The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The Cena injury is real (again) it seems. Hard to keep up with the news right now. Everyone is contradicting everyone else. Last week Punk was back and John Cena was as fit as a fiddle.

As seen on Raw a few weeks ago, John Cena was injured while doing a beat down segment with The Wyatt Family. They sold it on TV as being a knee injury.

As Mike Johnson later reported, Cena actually injured his groin in the segment. Some sites doubted that Cena's groin injury was legit. Today Cena wrote the following on Twitter:

"And yes rumor mill folks. Both left groin was strained and fluid in right ankle. Hobbled thru it. Ice and device called MarcPro got me back. Wasn't gonna hobble down road to @WrestleMania #evenstronger #nevergiveup"

• Paid Members
Why are people getting hung up on the Bryan vs HHH match outcome being 'Telegraphed,' it couldn't be any more obvious what the outcome will be, no stipulation will alter that.

Primarily, because I'd like there to be at least a small seed of doubt. I agree that it's highly likely Bryan gives Hunter his come-uppance at Mania regardless, I don't want it set in stone. I was about as confident in predicting an Undertaker win over Hunter at WM28 as I am predicting a Bryan win over Hunter this year, but there was enough "just maybe..." involved that it was an utterly compelling spectacle.

Although I know wrestling is a scripted performance art, I watch it to be surprised, to be shocked, sometimes to be disappointed. Like "real" sport, I suppose. The games I remember most fondly aren't those when we won & I expected us to, they're the comebacks, the upsets.

Let's assume Batista had been welcomed as a returning hero by the WWE Universe, and there was no suggestion of Bryan going into the title match (even if that's what the fans REALLY wanted, because it wouldn't have backed WWE into the corner in quite the way they are now). I'd still have been fairly confident of a Bryan win, but I wouldn't be certain of it. If they do a "win & you're in" stipulation I would be, and that kinda ruins the match for me.

• Paid Members

I think they should just announce Bryan being in the match on the night. That way, you get the HHH/Bryan match giving that seed of doubt, and have Bryan winning the title.

They've been building up to a HHH vs Bryan confrontation/blow off for so long I suppose I just can't imagine it going any other way than a Bryan win then an acknowledging nod from Trips. For me, Bryan losing that match is as likely as it would be no matter what the stip. The match is all about Bryan winning otherwise it does nothing for anyone and WWE's uncharacteristic patient booking of Bryan over the last 12 months would be for nought. Bryan beating the figure head of authority and a WWE legend that's held him down since Summerslam on the grandest stage of all is a bigger moment than him winning the belt again. Besides, it's good business sense to save the real Bryan title victory for another PPV.

Her gimmick got over in NXT because it grew organically. JBL going "I hate her stupid dance and when everyone does it it's well annoying, I'm a heel and you better not start doing it here" is the worst thing about it for me.

Her "gimmick" is not strictly speaking a gimmick at all - she's just a wrestler with a 'quirky' bubbly personality. The dance and marching are just things she does. They give her a short-term hook and should get her over. You might as well say Hulk Hogan's gimmick was being a Real American when it clearly wasn't - his gimmick was Hulk Hogan.

• Paid Members

Hulk Hogan was a character, not a gimmick. Terry Bollea was a jacked up bloke with thinning hair who had natural charisma. He just amplified it on screen. Emma obviously has a gimmick. No one seems to know what it is though. She has bubbles. She's a bit dense. He's clumsy as fuck. She wants to shag Santino. When you pair someone up with a bloke with a snake puppet on his hand, you might have well have "gimmick worker" stamped on your forehead.

• Paid Members
Her "gimmick" is not strictly speaking a gimmick at all - she's just a wrestler with a 'quirky' bubbly personality. The dance and marching are just things she does.

Like a Bushwacker then?

There is also Wyatt for Bryan to work with. Mark Henry would also be fresh if he isn't injured. I suppose you could also say Christian, but that would seem like curtain jerking stuff. Also Cena and Bryan only had one match, and this time the roles would be switched around giving it a new dynamic

Which is hardly ever through his whole 'career'.

WWE's own fault if there is nobody fresh for Bryan to work with, lot of shit on the roster.