The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Really enjoyed that, Last 2/3 weeks have Raw have been pretty damn good IMO.

The whole Bryan thing was just a awesome segment, had my worries at first but the whole visual and performances from HHH/Steph and Bryan made this fab. It is what most people have wanted all along and really brings some excitement to the Mania card.

Of course I want to see Bryan win the strap at the end with the huge reaction but I am also really looking forward to Bryan/HHH. This could be a classic.

Bray Wyatt and Paul Heyman were also fantastic on this show, The Taker segment was what it needed to be and was great.

Some really good wrestling on the show too, Sheamus/Christian was a cracker, I hope Sheamus gets a decent opponent at Mania, match quality wise their is not many better than Sheamus at the moment. The Shield match was really good and it was a solid main event too.

Intrigued by the batttle royal, hope we get some suprise entrants, a really cool way to get some surprises and undercard guys on the card. I really hope we still get The Shield in a 3 way though as I can see them being the last 3 guys in this.

I think its obvious were going to get some suprise entrants in the Battle Royal, WrestleMania needs a healthy dose of nostalgia my picks for entrants are... Kevin Nash, Roddy Piper and the Ultimate Warrior. If he's healthy enough at the time I'd also love to see Jake Roberts in it as well and win but more likely I can see Cena winning with him and Warrior being the last 2 and Hogan pulling down the tope rope when Warrior is about to hit his splash on Cena and a stare down with Hogan and Warrior to finish. But then again I can't see Warrior being up for looking the fool espessially at Hogan's expense so perhaps not but you could have the same senario with Piper, I'm sure Piper would just appreciate being at Mania, he's made it obvious he wants a spot on the show and it would play off the first WrestleMania.

Orrr have either Rowan or Harper be the 2nd last elminated behind Piper, Cena is down on the outside and have Piper and Rowan/Harper about to attack Hogan and Warrior makes the save ending with a stare down between Hogan and Warrior but then a epic hand-shake and Hogan, Warrior, Cena celebrating together.

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members

The last couple of weeks has been excellent from WWE. They've played a blinder turning all the weird crowd chants into something positive. That Bryan segment made him look like a proper big time wrestler; amazing how it's all turned around for him seeing as he was penciled in to face Sheamus at the 'Mania a couple of months ago. Chances are he'll be closing the show with a visual they'll be showing long after we're gone. Pretty chuffed.

Cena and Hogan standing their ground side by side had this ogre screaming. It's a wee shame they won't be doing a 3 v 2 match with Hulkamania and Cenation merging into one super power, but Hogan in Cena's corner is good enough.

Road Dogg was good fun on commentary.

Thanks, I appreciate that and I look foward to writting many more. I actually can't see anything that is god awful about that its more entertaining than what WWE will more than likely produce on the night anyway and its fun to speculate.

• Paid Members

And I tarred Chest with that name :(

Anyways, was a very enjoyable Raw.

I am actually genuinely gutted about The Shield coming to an end. I know it had to happen sooner or later, but I'm still sad about it. I'm sure somewhere down the road - should one of them not get future endeavoured - they may have a reunion of sorts for pop value, but it still hurts.

There's always the Wyatt's to fall in love with though as I love an oul stable, I do.

Seth Rollins' arms have to be among the biggest on the roster. Absolutely monstrous! I'd say he's on the T+ and Con-Cret alright.

I will say, I definitely expect some legends to hop in that battle royal, being WM30 and all (anyone else feel a bit dirty typing Wrestlemania XXX?). Hopefully some besides the usual Slaughter/Hacksaw/Piper. Most of the guys used for the Raw 1000 angle with Heath Slater would be great. Wrestlemania needs more Sid and Vader.

Raw was great. The "Yes Movement" deal felt hokey, but created a great visual. I have to re-watch it because I had to leave the room during the middle, so I saw the initial gathering, then it was HHH spazzing out as Daniel demanded the title shot deal. Look forward to actually seeing the Authority lose their shit (especially Stephanie). EDIT: Voice like nails on a chalkboard, but wow, that was convincing. Reckon she yelled at Heyman like that back in the day?

Heyman can make anything work, can't he? His promo detailing the other WWE greats and their average WM records enhanced Taker's Streak more than any Michael Cole superlative ever could.

I was initially skeptical, but my God, Cena and Wyatt mesh well together with promos. Hopefully, they both bring their working boots for Mania (my only worry is this on again/off again deal with Cena's injury being real or not).

I love the New Age Outlaws. Those guys are my big nostalgia fix, they're the guys I grew up watching, I still get goosebumps every time I hear their intro. I love the Usos as well though, and Cody/Goldust... those three teams better make Mania somehow!

I have this horrible sinking feeling after seeing the Divas segment. With Total Divas returning, Brie getting the victory over AJ, and AJ seeming like an after-thought- I have this horrible feeling AJ will drop the title on Main Event and we get Brie vs. Natalya at Wrestlemania in an attempt to promote Total Divas. And then there's the idea that WWE may punish AJ over the Punk situation. I really hope I'm wrong, I'm holding out for AJ vs. Lita, and for Wrestlemania to not feature stupid reality shows, celebrity crossovers, or lumberjills.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

Loved Raw last night, for me it was one of the best in ages, much better than last week's. Last week's was good with the Shield vs. Wyatt rematch and Jesse Pinkman showing up and so on but the crowd really did mess it up, the whole promises such as turning their backs on Triple H and co and they didn't follow through on them, all they did of note was chant CM Punk, which to be fair a lot of crowds had been doing prior to last week anyway.

This week we finally saw the Wyatt and Cena match build up, Hogan announces a 30 man battle royal for the Andre The Giant Memorial Trophy, we saw a good build in the Tag Titles feud with the Outlaws commentating on the Usos match, another bit of trouble in paradise for the Real Americans, The Shield looking to be back on the same page, the Diva's Champion getting pinned the night before she is defending her Title, a really fun Memphis Street Fight with a predictable but great finish seeing Sheamus Brogue Kick through a bass drum and hit Christian with it and finally we saw the occupation of Raw by Bryan and the Yes Movement, resulting in Triple H accepting his match at WrestleMania and if he beats him he'll be in the main event for the Title, then he goes and pins the Champion to finish the show.

Awesome show in my book and there wasn't one thing I can complain about.

I haven't liked the idea of a Shield Triple Threat match, but could see them being in this Battle Royal. Reigns to eliminate Ambrose the win then do the proper breakup on RAW the next night. Plus its another point for Reigns' list of achievements to go alongside his Royal Rumble eliminations record

I haven't liked the idea of a Shield Triple Threat match, but could see them being in this Battle Royal. Reigns to eliminate Ambrose the win then do the proper breakup on RAW the next night. Plus its another point for Reigns' list of achievements to go alongside his Royal Rumble eliminations record

That is actually a brilliant idea, having The Shield break up before WrestleMania and have them all face each other there would be a bit of a let down really as the big talking point would be the break up, if it's already done then it won't feel as big. I'd say have them break up at WrestleMania though, have Reigns eliminate Ambrose to win it and then all hell breaks loose with them brawling, have Rollins try to break it up, only to get caught by a punch and have him then see red and just go for both guys. Imagine the reaction of the WrestleMania crowd seeing that, it'd blow the roof off the place. Then there's a big talking point for Raw the next night when they can preview one of them calling out the other two, then set the wheels in motion for the triple threat. Would love to see them (or one of them) walk out in just jeans and tshirts, or a leather jacket, not in their Shield riot gear, just to prove they think there is no way back for The Shield as a team.

Didn't really have the WrestleMania feeling at all for this year but last night has so changed that!

Edited by The Invisible Boy

• Paid Members

The Shield breaking up during a big cluster of a battle royal sounds quite rotten. I dont see why they would put one of their biggest acts in years in an Everyone Gets A Payday Battle Royal and have the split happen during what is inevitably going to be a big nostalgia love in with Big Show holding the Andre trophy above his head like Bobby Moore. That would be pretty much taking three of your best workers out of a potential 20 minute classic and sticking them in a match involving Santino doing comedy spots with Koko B Ware or something. Breakups should be done to build to something. Breakups shouldn't happen when the money is already in the till on pay-per-view. The Shield are probably going to tear it up at Mania given half the chance. You want that match on the show.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay