Raw - Monday 11th February 2013

dopper

If he wasn't such an awful charisma vacuum they could have Shelton Benjamin come back doing a Django gimmick to fight Swagger. It would be wrestlecraptacular.

And once that peters out, he could form the tag team FanDjango with Johnny Curtis' new character.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Apparently after Raw went off the air Dutch Mantel came out with Jeff Jarrett's guitar and sang "Send The Buggers Back" in front of the Rock. It got over.

If Roy Walker wasn't there, I'm not interested.

• Paid Members
I'm still on board with Cleetus' idea of Triple H and Undertaker vs Lesnar and Punk. It gets Undertaker on the card without putting him through a singles match, it continues the HHH vs Lesnar feud for people into that (with the addition of Punk and Taker meaning that both top matches on the show aren't straight rematches), and it lets CM Punk rub shoulders on the grand stage with the guys with real gravitas.

One possible drawback (or enhancement depending on your view) is they might be tempted to do some silly storyline where you're meant to think Triple H might take a dive just to fuck up the streak.

Fantastic Raw!

Great opening promo from Heyman, Henry destroying Horns and Khali, finding out that Khali actually ISNT in the chamber, Jericho vs Bryan, Dutch returned, Miz getting fucked up, a good ol' title stealing storyline and finally I GOT THE FAT MAN TAG TEAM I SPOKE ABOUT MONTHS AGO! Not quite like the natural disasters like i wanted but this is a good enough start. FAT BLOKES FOR TAG TEAM CHAMPS!

Wasn't too keen on Rocks weird story, thats all he really does now, just to get over with the local town but it never comes across well on tv. Next week will he have attended that local high school as well?

Back on the subject of Taker, I am the only one who thinks if he does have 1 or 2 more matches in him that ditching the black in favour of grey/white hair, beard and gear could be effective? So The Undertaker's supposed to be unbeatable these days and just shows up at Mania to defend his streak. Ignoring the fact that WWE have billed him each year as being older and weaker so if someone did end the streak it would take something away from it, they have mentioned on tv countless times that the biggest opponent for Taker these days is time itself so a grey taker IMO would actually be an awesome visual if the gear was right, obviously it would've been better with long hair though.

Ignoring the fact that WWE have billed him each year as being older and weaker so if someone did end the streak it would take something away from it, they have mentioned on tv countless times that the biggest opponent for Taker these days is time itself so a grey taker IMO would actually be an awesome visual if the gear was right, obviously it would've been better with long hair though.

Like Gandalf in a wrestling ring? I could dig it.

Good Raw. I'm going to have one constant complaint though, and that's the length. Each show is a marathon, no matter the quality of the content, I find myself zoning out. It also burns me out on WWE for the week, so I find myself unable to sit down and watch Main Event and Smackdown on the following days.

Jericho is fucking awesome. He's been one of my favourites for years, but for him to seamlessly rejoin the roster and have 3 star TV matches after months of focusing on Fozzy is nothing short of amazing. I'd love to see a 20 minute Jericho/Bryan match, Bryan ditched the silly shit here and had a great, competitive match. Bryan is over enough now that the serious style will draw a big reaction, he was great at using comedy to win the Universe over, much better than if he had stuck with being the technically sound 10 year veteran he was when first arriving in WWE. Great effort by both men here.

Back to Jericho for a second, I think he will somehow be brutally beaten in the Chamber to write him out for a couple of weeks, he's touring next week here in Oz. Either that or Ziggler "Kofis" him.

Tensai as the dancing fat man... not my cup of tea but better than what he was doing, should at least bode well for job security in the current climate, look at the shift in 3MB's standing.

I didn't like The Rock's schtick much this week. He's done the best work of his return with Punk, but it was when he treated it like a serious feud and didn't do "story time and singalong with The Rock". The crackhead story took up too much time for what should have been the hard sell for Rock/Punk and the Elimination Chamber, but all that was barely mentioned until Punk's music hit.

I thought Dutch did a tremendous job on Raw. I can see the inevitable programme between Swagger and Del Rio benefitting massively from Dutch's involvement - it'll certainly heat up fast if he's allowed to keep cutting promos like Monday's.

Archived