Raw - Monday 11th February 2013

dopper

• Paid Members
I feel like I say this everytime Mania comes round, but Punk just isn't a big deal on the Mania-sized stage. Punk/Taker is absolutely destined to be Taker's quietest and least-intriguing Mania match since Mark Henry if it happens. It was the same for Punk against Jericho, Orton, Rey, all the usual. He's just not a guy to make a stadium go apeshit like the real stars do.

Absolutely spot on.

Remember when everything suggested a Wrestlemania card featuring Triple H vs. Sheamus and Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett, only for them to scrap their plans and go for the much more appealing Triple H vs. Taker? That's what this Wrestlemania feels like for me. Neither CM Punk vs. The Undertaker or Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar does anything for me, whereas I'd love to see Brock vs. Taker. Particularly after seeing how old Taker currently looks in that picture, suggesting he's got very few Manias left in him. Even as a fan of Punk, the idea of pairing him with Taker seems an absolute waste. Even after a year-long title reign, Punk still doesn't feel anywhere near the level to be putting him in a Wrestlemania position going against The Streak. If The Undertaker is coming back for one of his last few appearances then he should be put against a stadium-headlining proper star, which Punk doesn't feel like at all.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take Taker v a returning Batista as a WM Taker match, but they've run out of time for that this year. But outside of that, or Lesnar/Rock/Austin, let the poor man enjoy his retirement.

Cena, is the only guy outside of an older name. Cena/Taker, booked right, would be fucking enormous I think. A really good "Taker's last ever match, win or lose" sort of build would be worthy of his status and the billing. Outside of that and the increasingly less appealing Sting match, there's nobody else left worth dying his beard for.

• Paid Members

Anyone see Swagger winning on Sunday to set up him vs Del Rio as the world title match at WM now? Based off his new character, it seems to make the most sense for how he would go.

Generally I've finally started to like Tensai again, if he gets a singlet like Brodus and starts to dance around more I can deal with those two being a tag team.

Yeah Triple H vs Lesnar the first time was pretty shitty. I watched it again a few weeks back and it was mostly punches and Brock trying to lock in the Kimura for 20 minutes. I really don't want to see it again. I'd much prefer to see:

Lesnar vs Sheamus/Ryback/Orton/Undertaker hell even Punk.

I'm still on board with Cleetus' idea of Triple H and Undertaker vs Lesnar and Punk. It gets Undertaker on the card without putting him through a singles match, it continues the HHH vs Lesnar feud for people into that (with the addition of Punk and Taker meaning that both top matches on the show aren't straight rematches), and it lets CM Punk rub shoulders on the grand stage with the guys with real gravitas.

I'm still on board with Cleetus' idea of Triple H and Undertaker vs Lesnar and Punk. It gets Undertaker on the card without putting him through a singles match, it continues the HHH vs Lesnar feud for people into that (with the addition of Punk and Taker meaning that both top matches on the show aren't straight rematches), and it lets CM Punk rub shoulders on the grand stage with the guys with real gravitas.

I didn't see that one from Cleets, that's a fucking superb shout. Does only good things for everybody involved. Won't happen though will it, you just can't visualise the graphic advertising the match on TV, only on DeviantArt. That's always my mental litmus test for when we're speculating like this.

I didn't see that one from Cleets, that's a fucking superb shout. Does only good things for everybody involved. Won't happen though will it, you just can't visualise the graphic advertising the match on TV, only on DeviantArt. That's always my mental litmus test for when we're speculating like this.

I'd also certainly take that tag option as the best of the bunch. A truly one-off tag mega-match, rather than singles rematches would be a fresh approach.

I also agree that Punk Vrs Taker is a mis-match from a regular fan's perspective. Punk has had a tremendous run as the main heel, but he's always been positioned as needing help to scrape through his matches - which is fine for a bastard heel Champion screwing over the likes of Cena and Ryback, but Taker is a different beast. A singles match would have been fine if Punk was still Champ and had The Shield in his back pocket, as the idea of the Taker's Streak against the longest Title reign in 25 years (with The Shield lurking) would have been do-able.

Did a review of this weeks episode for the Daily Mirror.. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/wwe-...9pqpnrg.twitter

Long story short, felt very uncomfortable with Swagger's new character, after such a decent start.

Can you explain why you didn't like it? Why does it make you uncomfortable? I loved it, it's something completely different. I also enjoyed the crowd shouting "what" and then shutting up, when realising what sort of nutty shit Zeb was saying.

Did a review of this weeks episode for the Daily Mirror.. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/wwe-...9pqpnrg.twitter

Long story short, felt very uncomfortable with Swagger's new character, after such a decent start.

Can you explain why you didn't like it? Why does it make you uncomfortable?

The way it reads in that link is very odd. Like he went on to explain it originally and someone edited it out. Probably meant because JBL already did it nine years ago.

elimination chamber spoilers,

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It appears WWE has dropped the last minute idea of having Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns vs. John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback inside the Elimination Chamber on Sunday. Ryback made a reference to the Chamber match on his Twitter on Monday but has since referred to the match as just a regular six-man. WWE made no mention of the match taking place inside the Chamber on last night's RAW.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Probably for the best really, the whole point of The Shield is they are a united force. A chamber match wouldn't really let that happen. I'm also interested in seeing them in a straight match. I hate gimmick matches for the sake of it and putting them in the chamber would have been exactly that. Also I loe that the chamber is being used to set up the numbr one contender for the other main belt at WM, that's what they should have always been doing.

Archived