Raw - Monday 11th February 2013

dopper

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I thought he was going to get involved with The Shield at some point, but with Cena, Sheamus and Ryback now getting the upper hand, he doesn't need to help out. Unless he comes out to talk but they attack him.

Who on the current roster could bring the feeling that the streak is under threat? Cena seems destined to meet the Rock again and I can't think of anyone outside of Cena who could actually add that suspension of disbelief in terms of feeling that the streak is breakable.

CM Punk.

CM Punk managed to maintain the biggest "streak" in WWE in holding the WWE title for as long as anyone has recently. It seems that having proven himself as a long term title holder, and him personally still counting his "streak" having a pop at another streak might be the natural next move for him, if he can't get his re-match.

WWE managed to suspend belief that Punk could beat The Rock, despit it being The Rock and it being set in stone for months. Plus Taker could do with an opponent who can work a match around him being limited.

Personally I would rather a triple threat between Punk, Rock and Cena with no Undertaker at all this year.

• Paid Members

Surely Taker VS Brock is a bad idea if they do go with it? If Taker is struggling to manage one match a year, somebody that is very physical like Brock could destroy the poor bugger. I mean, for those reasons it makes perfect sense for it to be Brock, as everyone could buy into him ending the streak, and it could be a bloody great match, but Taker's body could be fucked.

Surely Taker VS Brock is a bad idea if they do go with it? If Taker is struggling to manage one match a year, somebody that is very physical like Brock could destroy the poor bugger. I mean, for those reasons it makes perfect sense for it to be Brock, as everyone could buy into him ending the streak, and it could be a bloody great match, but Taker's body could be fucked.

Depends. Apart from the f5, most of what Brock does is striking. He does throw some suplexes, but eliminate those and he should be a pretty safe opponent. His matches look very different to anyone else's too, which can hide more limitations.

Depends. Apart from the f5, most of what Brock does is striking. He does throw some suplexes, but eliminate those and he should be a pretty safe opponent. His matches look very different to anyone else's too, which can hide more limitations.

Plus we'll also have the bonus of watching both opponents nearly kill themselves attempting planchas.

Cool hat. Always loved Bert Sugar's old school New York journo look.

Maybe 'Taker just likes hockey?

Reminds me of when Bret Hart was in New York the weekend of WrestleMania XX and a lot of people were putting two and two together and getting five.

In fact, IIRC there was an interview with him afterwards that he didn't even watch the PPV although he did send Benoit his congratulations. And presumably some advice on how he would have worked the triple threat better.

As far as Taker goes: big fan of the guy but don't think they need him at WrestleMania this year anyway. If he really only does have one last match in him I'd rather they save it for next year although if we are fantasy booking I wouldn't mind War Games with Team WWE (Brothers of Destruction, Triple H, Sheamus, and a returning Batista w/ Shawn Michaels) vs Team Heyman (Punk, Bryan (heel turn on Kane) and The Shield w/ Paul Heyman) setting up Batista/Lesnar at SummerSlam. Not going to happen, but it's a match that would interest me and you could tease Taker losing The Streak~ without actually submitting. Punk FINALLY gets his true comeuppance when he taps clean, the Streak continues, HBK gets to superkick Heyman. Everyone goes home happy.

Throw in Cena/Rock 2, Lesnar/Henry (again, I can dream), Ryback/Show (another powerhouse match), and maybe a Del Rio/Ziggler/Jericho three-way and I'd call that a good card. Again, it won't happen.

Archived