Raw - Monday 11th February 2013

dopper

Starting this topic early because of this potential spoiler regarding an unadvertised wrestler appearing on tonight's show:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

From Meltzer:

Undertaker was at the Nashville Predators hockey game on Sunday, which would mean he is likely to be appearing at Raw on Monday, since the show is taking place there.

The preview on WWE.com:

With his showdown with CM Punk at Elimination Chamber just days away, what will unfold when WWE Champion The Rock appears on Monday's Raw?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, The Undertaker, eh?

Personally, if he's in as bad shape as we've been hearing, I don't want to see him. Ideally, he'd come back at WM30 to face Cena then ride off into the sunset, but if a 10 month hiatus isn't enough to get him in workable shape, I can't see another year helping, especially with how he's aging.

• Paid Members

tomwaitsarty1.jpg

I think someone mentioned that they can't see him wrestling due to how he is aging. Physically you may have a point, but in terms of appearance he doesn't look that bad in my view. If he dyed the beard and wasn't dressed in street gear he would look a hard ass. He still does in the picture despite wearing Pete Docherty's hat.

• Paid Members

Good news, I wasn't expecting him back until next week, at least. We just need Triple H back now and the top of the card will look absolutely stacked!

Also, I hope 'Taker goes back to the classic hat and coat look. He looked ridiculous last year wearing all those sleeveless bathrobes and hooded dresses every week.

• Paid Members

Seems odd for him to be on tonight. The night after Elimination Chamber seems the best thing, not during the build up. Unless they've changed plans and are going with Brock vs Undertaker (which its pretty unlikely), I cant see a role for him tonight.

Or maybe he's there to talk about his involvement in the next few weeks (if he has any involvement). That grey beard just doesn't look good on him.

Is Undertaker even needed at this years mania?

For me the streak is all about who is actually involved in the matches, yes it goes without saying that the streak will take its place in wrestling history and rightly so, however I feel that the streak needs to have a big feel to it, especially now with Takers career being in its final years.

The last four streak matches have managed to allow the fans to suspend their belief in that it could of gone either way.

Who on the current roster could bring the feeling that the streak is under threat? Cena seems destined to meet the Rock again and I can't think of anyone outside of Cena who could actually add that suspension of disbelief in terms of feeling that the streak is breakable.

Archived