Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

If anything they've slowly vindicated the Marie character.

Her husband abandoned her because of his obsession with Heisenberg, and her sister/brother-in-law are criminals. In a way, Hanks phonecall was a way of saying 'its all over'. She could put the stealing shit behind her.

• Paid Members

I think Gomez will die in the shootout but Hank will survive somehow, something will take out all the Nazis then Walt, Jesse & Hank will still all be there for the last episode.

The fake barrel spot was brilliant, Walt's desperate panic- driving while thinking his money was being burned was great to watch.

• Paid Members

My bet is they put Hank and Gomez in the hospital, with Gomez dying and Hank not looking great. They kidnap Jessie to try and force Walter to cook, taking his choice to call off the hit as him wanting Jessie spared so they know he'll cook for them not to kill him.

Walter makes some excuse and goes and gets all those guns we saw in the other episode, and the risin. He'll take out all of the neo-nazis with the guns but poison Todd and Lydia to finally end that entire gang.

• Paid Members

Holy fuck that last 15 minutes was just insane. It's not often I scream at my TV, but me and my girlfriend were both doing it. So painful to watch (in a really good way.) It was completely ridiculous and unrealistic, but utterly masterful and wonderful at the same time. I think it may have been more effective if it cut to black just as the first shots where being fired.

Also, going back to my point about the big half way point episode where everything goes mental and there's a big set piece where the tension is ratcheted up to extreme levels, well, this is what I was talking about.

I think the call to Marie was too obvious, a bit of a red herring. I think the writers were just putting it in there to rack up the tension even more, and make the cliffhanger even more painful than it could have been. Toying with the viewers emotions and expectations (which they love to do.) Hank's gonna die for sure now, but not yet.

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members
Im sorry but if i was hank i would have asked walt for a barrel of money then retired. Left walt alone and moved on with life as a rich man.

Good job you're not a police, then. You're not a police, right?

I wouldnt care if i was a judge!

Walt could have had hank and his wife killed as soon as they found out. I would have had no morals about taking some of walts money. Better than getting your family killed in my book.

At a guess i would say 90% of people would take the money and leave walt to die in his own time.

With all the talk of a spin off series at least we know Saul wont bite it.

Not if it's a prequel.

Yeah, Vince Gilligan mentioned that as a possibility when he was on the Nerdist a few weeks back. Either way, I just hope it comes to fruition as Saul's one of my favourite TV characters in years.

• Paid Members

He probably said that just so he wouldn't give away whether Saul would be dead or not by the end of the series. I'd imagine a prequel would limit them a bit- if it takes off and lasts a few years it'd be hard to make him appear younger when he's actually knocking on a bit.