Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members

Yeah I don't see the Walt saving Jesse thing happening. Him telling Jesse about Jane was the nail in the coffin, it was a "fuck you, I blame you for all of this" move.

Though Walt's phone call to Skyler where he basically made it sound to the police that he had forced her to go along with all of this and was an abusive angry husband was a sign there is some light in Walt's dark heart left. Amazing acting all through the show.

Poor Jesse. My one hope for this show is that he makes it out OK. Also I know Skylar gets lots of flak from viewers but when she stood up to Walt with the knife was such a pure hero moment I completely loved, Flynn also standing up to Walt and protecting his mother was great.

You have to admire the balls of the people behind this show, I can't think of any other final season of a show where they have completely destroyed everything they've spent years building in such an epic and devastating way.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Has there ever been a more appropriate title to these episodes than Ozymandias?

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:

And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ. That episode just ripped a hole in my chest unlike any TV I've ever seen. I've got that sinking feeling in my gut which is just quite bizarre really.

I actually don't really know where to begin with it. Easily the best episode of Breaking Bad there's ever been and I think the best episode of any TV show that I've ever seen too.

Edit, I only just realised the awesome Rian Johnson (Looper and Brick) directed this episode.

Edited by lambyUK

Jesus Christ. That episode just ripped a hole in my chest unlike any TV I've ever seen. I've got that sinking feeling in my gut which is just quite bizarre really.

Same. I spent half an hour after watching it in distress.

The scene with the knife and scuffle between Walt, Skyler and Flynn had me in awe, as did the whole thing to be fair.

Apologies if I have missed the obvious, but how did Walt get up to 80 million? Gus was paying him 3 million a quarter, his and jesses own distribution didn't seem to bring in that much as they kept losing money one way or another.