Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members

Currently mixed on the finale. Absolutely no doubt it was a fantastic episode, but I think the fact it's the end has automatically soured it for me. Sad to see it go, and I think everyone but Walt got the ending I'd have liked, but I think that was the point.

That was the perfect ending. I was absolutely thrilled to see Jesse escape, which was the only thing that really could've affected my take on the episode. Walt's death really was the only way it could have ended. He's cheated death so many times that the story wouldn't truly end until we saw him dead.

I didn't expect to see Badger and Skinny Pete show up but, blimey, I'm glad they did!

It really was a stunning finale to a stunning show.

Edited by Slapnut

It wasn't the best episode of the show, but it was a pretty perfect ending. After all the shit he's gone through, Jesse finally got out. Walt's dead, which had to happen, but he pretty much took himself out whilst he was completing the last part of his mission. And yeah, Jesse choking out Todd was one of the greatest things I've seen in ages. So visceral and cathartic.

• Paid Members

Very satisfied. So few final episodes are good but they knocked it out the park. The final scenes with Skylar, Holly and Walt Jnr. were heartbreaking.

Walt started the show at a birthday party surrounded by loved ones, ends it alone surrounded by a meth lab. Just brilliant.

Brilliant finale, Cranston's acting is always sublime but that scene with Skylar in the kitchen was on another level. Most fulfilling final episode of a show I've seen, which considering the pressure this one had on it, is no mean feat.

Vince Gillian said on Talking Bad that the scene where Walt leaves the watch Jesse got him, was added last minute for continuity purposes. They had shot the scenes of Walt going to get the ricin very early on in the season (around S05E01 iirc) and didn't realise until editing that he wasn't wearing the watch in the scene, so they had to add Walt taking off the watch into the script.

When they say that it was a 75 minute episode (as they have in some reviews I've read) are they talking with adverts counted in? Or does Netflix UK get an edited version?

Because, unless I'm wrong, weren't all the episodes 55 minutes long?

Either way, it was note perfect.

The strongest scene was Walt admitting that he did it, in large part, to feed his ego and wanting to see his kids one last time. I also loved how in his anger he was happy seeing Jesse executed, but seeing his (for all intents and purposes) foster son in a state of servitude brought back his humanity.

This episode could easily have been Scarface, it cold have been all bells and whistles. But it wasn't, this wasn't Heisenberg settling scores; this was Walter White, with a new perspective, yes, but still a tender human being, writing his wrongs.

I bloody loved it.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz