Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

Well it was great again. Aaron Paul said on kimmel last week that the last two eps would be so much messier and for some reason a part of me thought it couldn't get that bad surely. Through the wringer with the sadness and horrifying moments for Jesse as per usual plus the situation sklyar and the kids are going through and Walter White at his lowest made for one hell of a tough watch.

When that music kicked in towards the end though it just started getting me pumped for next week. Can't wait to see what Walt's going to do with that M-60 and I hope that at least 90% of whats in that gun is for Todd. That smile when he was watching that video was creepy as hell

Yeah, I don't see that there's anyway of a fuck finish like that. Walt's likely done for, there's like no way if ending it with him alive where the majority of the audience doesn't go "so then what happens?". Gilligan's pretty much promised a clear cut ending that won't disappoint, so I don't see a major plot point being left up in the air.

Walt dies at Jessie's feet just before Jessie goes to shoot him. Jessie gets the money and leaves enough for the orphan boy, and drives off smiling.

The swrtzes die from Risin, nazis from the gun.

it got me thinking re. walt wanting to get some hit men to take out the nazis and that he done all this to provide for his family, do you think the real reason he's going after the nazi's is because they stole his money and he wants it back?

• Moderators
it got me thinking re. walt wanting to get some hit men to take out the nazis and that he done all this to provide for his family, do you think the real reason he's going after the nazi's is because they stole his money and he wants it back?

Money's meaningless to Walt now. There's no way to get it to his family, and Walt Jr told him to fuck off. The catalyst for him taking off out of that bar was hearing there's some blue meth out there again. That's his product -- his legacy -- and he won't let that stand.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Also, the driving force behind Walts degeneration into Heisenberg is an innate frustration at his life. The root of that is his being forced out of Gray Matter. With Saul/Flynn and Vacuum Man making it crystal clear that its over to him, hearing his past discredited and feeling that Blue Meth is heading the same way (with him being a marginalised, discredited figure) those frustrations re emerged writ large.

Only now he hasn't got the time or the anonymity for a career in crime to reassert his masculinity and sate his ego, so instead he's probably going to go all Scarface.

Brilliant.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz