Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

So, I'm still watching this, about 6 episodes into Season 3, where he finally agrees to cook again.

Boy, I don't know.  The first two series moved pretty slowly, but this one has been absolutely glacial.  Does the series ever pick up pace again, or is it all 90% him and his wife having domestic, with the occasional mention of drugs.

I'm this close to stopping.  Were it not for all the acclaim, I'd have stopped after series 2.  It's really well made, but just... so... slow.  It's like someone edited all the action bits out of Sopranose.

FFS Loki.

Good input   :thumbsup:

It picks up a lot towards the back-end of Season 3, and Seasons 4 and 5 are both great. However, it's nowhere near as great a show as many would have you believe.

Glad to hear it, as it's been tough going so far.  I guess I'm just not as interested in his wife's infidelity storyline as others.  Once it gets back to the drug dealing I'll be happy.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I think one of the problems with watching Breaking Bad so removed from the original airings is that if you have any awareness of the cultural footprint of the show, you know that Walt and Jesse make meth together a lot, sometimes in big yellow suits. And so much of the first few series is focused on tedious "will they, won't they" themes that it's a bit of a chore to get through, because you know that they fucking will. That said, I say it really picks up in series 3 and goes on to greatness in series 5, so I hope you do stick with it. 

• 4 years later...