Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members
I'm a bit confused...Jessie knows Brock wasn't poisoned by the ricin so why was he so angry when he realised the ricin was taken by Saul?

He realised that Walt set him up to hate Gus I believe? Or something along those lines.

To be honest, its not reallt Gus at all. Jesse always knew Gus was bad news. It's simply he put a child's life at risk as despite it not being Ricin, it as still poisonous. Jesse knows that Walt's been using him to simply protect himself. The real sadness is that you.could see that Walt truly cares about Jesse with the hug they shared. The problem is its all coming too late.

Regarding the episode, truly wonderful. TV really gets no better than this. I can't wait till Xmas to buy the whole boxset on blu ray.

Walt's so called confession was epic. I didn't expect him to do that at all. Amazing shit.

I'm a bit confused...Jessie knows Brock wasn't poisoned by the ricin so why was he so angry when he realised the ricin was taken by Saul?

He realised that Walt set him up to hate Gus I believe? Or something along those lines.

To be honest, its not reallt Gus at all. Jesse always knew Gus was bad news. It's simply he put a child's life at risk as despite it not being Ricin, it as still poisonous.

I just didn't get how Jessie knew that Walt poisoned Brock just because he had his ricen stolen. How did he know Walt had anything to do with it when it was explained away as being contact with a lily of the valley?

Yeah, I was a bit confused by the Jessie/ricin thing but ultimately it didn't take away from what was an amazing episode, one of the best in it's history.

4 amazing scenes. The Mexican restaurant, Hank and Marie watching Walt's fantastic confession tape with Hank realising his treatment was paid for with drug money, Walt and Jessie meeting in the desert which could have gone so many ways and finally Jessie snapping. Wonderful, wonderful telly.

• Moderators

Here's another nice summation of Jesse's mental lightbulb:

1)In "End Times," to get Jesse back on his side in the war against Gus, Walt arranges for Huell to steal the cigarette pack with the ricin cigarette out of Jesse's pocket and replace it with a different pack. Saul calls Jesse to his office on shaky reasons, and Huell pats him down in a way that gets Jesse's attention. Walt doesn't use the ricin to poison Brock, but rather a lily of the valley plant that will have a similar but less dangerous effect on the boy.

2)When Jesse hears that Brock has been poisoned, he realizes that the ricin cigarette is missing, then (correctly) puts two and two together that Huell stole it, on Walt's orders. He storms into Walt's house and threatens to kill him for poisoning Brock; Walt convinces Jesse that it was Gus, not him, who wanted to hurt the boy

• Paid Members

Not to sound like a smart are but I instantly got it. However I've definitely been helped by watching the series twice over in such a short space of time (once myself, and then once with my wife) so its very much fresh in my mind.

There's one thing I disagree with in the first article regarding Jesse. I don't believe for one second that the hug was Walt's attempt to manipulate Jesse. At the start of that scene I believe Walt is playing his little games, but when Jesse finally breaks down Walt finally just gives in and gives him this hug that was Walt finally apologising to Jesse without actually really giving it. There was real warmth from Walt as he knows its all his fault.

• Paid Members

i'm not so sure, it's gotten to the point now where Walt will do anything to cover his tracks and or save his future. Even if he meant the hug, it doesn't really mean shit when you consider what Walt has put Jesse through.

The Walt thing is really interesting, it's divided the audience. I've been reading lots of articles related to the show that are very much anti-Walt, but when i scour facebook and see random comments it appears that a lot of people are very much still on Walt's side, which is weird when you think about it.

• Paid Members
i'm not so sure, it's gotten to the point now where Walt will do anything to cover his tracks and or save his future. Even if he meant the hug, it doesn't really mean shit when you consider what Walt has put Jesse through.

The Walt thing is really interesting, it's divided the audience. I've been reading lots of articles related to the show that are very much anti-Walt, but when i scour facebook and see random comments it appears that a lot of people are very much still on Walt's side, which is weird when you think about it.

Regarding the hug, I do see your point, but if that were the case the camera would never have focussed on Walt's face during the embrace. If it were simply Walt doing anything to save his own bacon, showing his visibly grief stricken face when only the audience can see and not Jesse wouldn't make sense.

Walt is doing everything to save his family and himself, but despite all of his games there has always been this bond between the two.

And the stuff with the Walt love. It was always going to be this way. At times I've screamed at the TV "you twat!" but overall I still love Walt. He's the star of the show. Its a bit like Tony Soprano, he did some awful shit, but you still love him. Walt for me will always be that guy stumbling out of the RV in his underwear, in a gas mask, and confessing his love for his family on a hand held camera.

Again though, this is what the writers are going for, it questions your morality.

• Paid Members

yeh I definitely believe Walt meant it when he said he wanted Jesse to move away and start again, but it's all abit rich coming from him considering what we know he's done to destroy Jesse's life.

The show is fucking brilliant.

• Paid Members
Not to sound like a smart are but I instantly got it. However I've definitely been helped by watching the series twice over in such a short space of time (once myself, and then once with my wife) so its very much fresh in my mind.

Same here on both accounts, but I completely forgot about the 'reveal' of the flower in Walt's garden and that they found the ricin again after all. But reading one of the posts above, it makes sense why Jesse sussed this out.

I think the hug was genuine. Walt has a massive soft spot for Jesse, this was really portrayed when he was drinking in the bar with the dad of Jesse's ex (can't remember her name) and he was talking about his nephew. To have gone though so much together it would be nigh impossible not to feel almost relative-like closeness.

Having only started watching this a few weeks back, I am now caught up on Netflix. So glad I finally gave this a chance, fantastic show. Hopefully the flash forwards pan out better than they did at the end of Lost

• Paid Members
Only five more episodes of the best show ever left.

The last episode was amazing, as stated above. There is already some amazing artwork up on Tumblr re the confession....

Link please?