Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

Fantastic ending after a slow build.

One thing, I'm a little bored of Jesse being all down and depressed with his five million dollars. Also, I'm pretty sure at this point we aren't supposed to be rooting for Heseinberg, but I am. I love that guy.

I'm off to Spain in a couple days so although I will miss 2-3 episodes, I will have 2-3 to watch when I get back. I hate waiting week-to-week for shows.

I think that's the point. The writers know we as an audience have a vested interest in Walt and Heisenberg. It totally depends on the person. Everyone loves a good bad guy in the end. There's no one answer really.

I find myself rooting for Walt one minute and hating him the next, particularly when he convincingly denies killing Mike to Jesse I said out loud "you lying fucking bastard". Cranston is simply wonderful.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, what a great final scene. Hank owned it for me, his facials were on another level. Brilliant chemistry between the two here. Walt was on the ropes all the way through after the punch, his comeback words about not being able to prosecute a dying man reeked of desperation- until he spouted the 'tread carefully' line. Until then, he was Walt- but that line was all Heisenberg. You're goddamn right.

Even better by the fact that it's the first time I've watched Breaking Bad on TV- I have watched the previous 4 1/2 series on my mobile in the space of 2-3 months. Yes, I signed up to Netflix just for this.

• Paid Members

Watched it last night, absolutely tremendous. The reversal of power between Hank & Walt was beautifully done, Hank refusing to look him in the eye when Walt first showed up at Hanks was brilliant. Also, Walt's slow transformation into Gus, from his no selling to Lydia when she turned up at the car wash 'Have an A1A day' to him methodically folding a towel for his knees when he was throwing up, fantastic.

I watched the last 2 episodes of the previous batch in preparation for the return but there was something mentioned in last nights episode that I think I may have missed or forgotten previously? When Lydia was at the car wash & said that the meth he was supplying was only 67% pure. Do we know why that's the case yet?

• Paid Members
Watched it last night, absolutely tremendous. The reversal of power between Hank & Walt was beautifully done, Hank refusing to look him in the eye when Walt first showed up at Hanks was brilliant. Also, Walt's slow transformation into Gus, from his no selling to Lydia when she turned up at the car wash 'Have an A1A day' to him methodically folding a towel for his knees when he was throwing up, fantastic.

I watched the last 2 episodes of the previous batch in preparation for the return but there was something mentioned in last nights episode that I think I may have missed or forgotten previously? When Lydia was at the car wash & said that the meth he was supplying was only 67% pure. Do we know why that's the case yet?

Pretty straight forward Mike. Walt says he left the business in the hands of others, presumably Todd and his crew. They just can't cook as well as Walt. No one can.

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members

i was shocked that the Hank/Walt confrontation happened in the first episode back, i thought they were gonna drag that out until the end of the season.

...i loved the end of the opening sequence too 'Hello Barbara', she looked like she'd seen a ghost. Some serious shit is going to go down!

Edited by Ebb

It was Carol, Ebb. CAROL.

Poor woman.

Lost her oranges.

Anyway, Breaking Bad took a long time to get me. I wasn't that arsed with season 1, thought season 2 was good and thought season 3 was very good up unto the Fly episode. I didn't 'get' the Fly episode, and after that I fell out of watching it. Not deliberately, but with work and stuff I just stopped.

The missus loved it, though, and she got me to start again on Thursday. Since then, we've completely caught up.

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

The end of season 3 was superb and seasons 4 and 5 are probably the best things I've seen on TV. Walt is a fucking disease. He eats away at all the good things in his life. He's ruined Hanks life, turned Skylar (though she's a dick anyway) into a neurotic criminal, killed Mike (yeah, FUCK YOU WALT) and destroyed the soul of a fundamentally good kid.

I loved Mike. His sad eyes were superb. His death was heartbreaking; his granddaughters money was confiscated, and he didn't even get to say goodbye. The worst bit is he predicted how much trouble Walt would be.

Jesse is such a wonderful character right now. It's like he's got this wonderful, giving, generous soul being crushed by the weight of what he's done. Occasionally the good seeps through. I'm looking forward to the scene, if they do it, where he pieces all what Walt has done together.

• Paid Members

Agree with TripleA. A fantastic episode, but after that final scene from last week, this week had everything except that epic moment. Although Hank with Skyler in the diner was extremely high in tension.

As mentioned above this ep was there to set up for following ep. Its crazy, I have no idea what direction they are going to go with this? This week waiting though is killing me.

• Paid Members

I think it's safe to say after 2 episodes that we are in safe hands as far as the climax goes, there's no way they will drop the ball with this.

I wonder what the big set piece will be for these last few episodes. There's usually something mid season that racks up the tension and has you clutching the cushions and shouting at the screen (Hank and the twins, Gus taking out the cartel, Train heist, evidence control room etc...)

I also can't for the life of me see how this is going to end. It's all such a mess now. Also, aren't Hank and Marie complicit as they have been using Walt's drug money to pay for Hanks treatment? That just complicates it further.

• Paid Members
I think it's safe to say after 2 episodes that we are in safe hands as far as the climax goes, there's no way they will drop the ball with this.

I wonder what the big set piece will be for these last few episodes. There's usually something mid season that racks up the tension and has you clutching the cushions and shouting at the screen (Hank and the twins, Gus taking out the cartel, Train heist, evidence control room etc...)

I also can't for the life of me see how this is going to end. It's all such a mess now. Also, aren't Hank and Marie complicit as they have been using Walt's drug money to pay for Hanks treatment? That just complicates it further.

Only Marie knows that they used Walt's money. As far as he's concerned his insurance paid for it. Still not sure how he didn't realise this though? But, you're right, they are both guilty of using drug money, even if Marie comes clean and tells Hank.

Edited by lambyUK