Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members
New series will be available on Netflix UK according to their Facebook Page. Happy days :thumbsup:

That was always going to be the case I think. The news is that each episode will be available shortly after it's aired in the US.

I've now caught up with BB, and whilst I have enjoyed it, I don't think it's as great as people make out. The slow build ups can be down right boring at times.

And has there ever been such a harmless yet detestable character as Skyler? When ever she's on screen I just want to scream. She's horrible.

Glad I'm not the only one. The show is good, and very enjoyable, but there can be whole episodes of little development. And while I will definitely finish it, I see no reason to watch it again.

Sorry they take a break from bangbangkillkilldrugs for some actual character development, spending time allowing the plotlines to breath, ensuring the big moments have the greatest effect and for the themes and ideas to properly sink in.

Perhaps a youtube montage of Walter Whites Most Badass Moments might give you what you desire without the icky plotting and subtle acting stuff.

One of the reasons Breaking Bad has been so lauded is that it cleverly manages to mix big jaw dropping moments and tension filled scenes with complex, in depth characters portrayed fantastically in scenes allowing them to really show where everyone is at. In season three Hank in the car with the twins had me on the edge of my seat as did Walter holding up a ladder so Jesse could try and kill a fly whilst discussing Jane's death. In season five matey shooting the kid was as brutal as Walt and Skyler trying to one up each other with what they know and how they'd try and destroy each other.

There will be more 'slow' moments next season. Skyler will probably act like a 'boring bitch' because of the nightmare situation she has ended up in. This is the show. This is part of why people love it and it frequently ends up on critic's best of lists. It still isn't for everyone.

Edited by organizedkaos

• Awards Moderator
I've now caught up with BB, and whilst I have enjoyed it, I don't think it's as great as people make out. The slow build ups can be down right boring at times.

And has there ever been such a harmless yet detestable character as Skyler? When ever she's on screen I just want to scream. She's horrible.

Glad I'm not the only one. The show is good, and very enjoyable, but there can be whole episodes of little development. And while I will definitely finish it, I see no reason to watch it again.

Sorry they take a break from bangbangkillkilldrugs for some actual character development, spending time allowing the plotlines to breath, ensuring the big moments have the greatest effect and for the themes and ideas to properly sink in.

Perhaps a youtube montage of Walter Whites Most Badass Moments might give you what you desire without the icky plotting and subtle acting stuff.

Yikes.

I'm a monstrous fan of Mad Men, the most glacially-paced mainstream show there is. Not too many bangbangkillkilldrugs in that. Well, maybe a little. Breaking Bad just doesn't click for me on anywhere near that level, stylistically or thematically.

Eh, perhaps I extrapolated similar arguments out of what you guys were saying but it definitely felt like a similar sentiment to ones I'd heard before. And it wouldn't be the internet if people didn't write impassioned statements in debates on pop culture - it allows everyone else to trot out some variant of "calm down dear.." :rolleyes:

Edited by organizedkaos

• 2 weeks later...