Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really missing Breaking Bad, I watched 3 seasons of Prison Break (Good ol' Netflix) to fill the gap it left in mine and my girlfriend's TV time....where as she loved it and I thought it was pretty good it just highlighted what Breaking Bad does so well in terms of the use of music, scenery, imagery and slow build. I'm not saying that Prison Break was aiming to be anything like what BB is but it's hard not to compare!

I really hope that spoilers don't come out and that the writers feel compelled to change the desired ending.

Edited by thesimonbegz

• 1 month later...

Had heard a lot of talk about Breaking Bad over the last couple of years, and only now have I had the priviledge of seeing it all on Netflix. What an incredible show! Actually a little sad I never gave it a go sooner. Such a great cast of characters, and I have no idea who to root for. Do I want Hank to turn Walt in? Do I want Walt to get away with it all? Do I want Walt to die? Genuinely don't know. I do want to see Jesse get a happy ending though.

Favourite scene? So so many incredible moments to choose from, but the end of Crawl Space gave me goosebumps when Walt realised there wasn't enough money under the house cos Skyler had paid Ted the $600k. Going from weeping uncontrollably thinking he and his family were going to be killed to lying on his back laughing maniacally surrounded by hundreds of thousands of dollars. Amazing stuff.

• Paid Members
Had heard a lot of talk about Breaking Bad over the last couple of years, and only now have I had the priviledge of seeing it all on Netflix. What an incredible show! Actually a little sad I never gave it a go sooner. Such a great cast of characters, and I have no idea who to root for. Do I want Hank to turn Walt in? Do I want Walt to get away with it all? Do I want Walt to die? Genuinely don't know. I do want to see Jesse get a happy ending though.

Favourite scene? So so many incredible moments to choose from, but the end of Crawl Space gave me goosebumps when Walt realised there wasn't enough money under the house cos Skyler had paid Ted the $600k. Going from weeping uncontrollably thinking he and his family were going to be killed to lying on his back laughing maniacally surrounded by hundreds of thousands of dollars. Amazing stuff.

Yes, that scene is phenomenal, and marks Walt descent into utter madness. After that episode, all bets are off as to how far he will go to get his own way. I haven't been so utterly gripped by an ending to an episode since the penultimate episode of Season 2 of The Wire.

Picture-2.png

July can't come soon enough. I just hope the finale can do the program justice. If they pull it off, then the benchmark that The Wire set for TV drama will be raised.

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Well, I finally got into breaking bad and watched season 1 throughout my honeymoon (on the plane etc). This was end of April time and I've now just finished Season 5A. I can't really add anything more except this is the greatest TV show that's ever been made.

Everything about it is simply genius. Problem now though is the wait. I'm used to ploughing through 3/4 eps at a time!

The highlights have been endless so far but I don't think many can beat the camera panning around to reveal Gus's half blown up body at the end of season 4. Utterly speechless.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/breaking-bad/2...os-and-synopses

Promo images for Season 5 part 2, and episode titles.

Not a fan of Jessie's beard at all. Some of those episode titles are interesting though. 'Ozymandias' for example.

Also, Saul Goodman spin-off is happening. This makes me very happy.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/breaking-bad/2...-pushes-forward

I've now caught up with BB, and whilst I have enjoyed it, I don't think it's as great as people make out. The slow build ups can be down right boring at times.

And has there ever been such a harmless yet detestable character as Skyler? When ever she's on screen I just want to scream. She's horrible.

• Paid Members
I've now caught up with BB, and whilst I have enjoyed it, I don't think it's as great as people make out. The slow build ups can be down right boring at times.

And has there ever been such a harmless yet detestable character as Skyler? When ever she's on screen I just want to scream. She's horrible.

Skyler is shit isn't she? Walter Jr is completely dispensable too, he only seems to pop up in breakfast scenes.

• Awards Moderator

Glad I'm not the only one. The show is good, and very enjoyable, but there can be whole episodes of little development. And while I will definitely finish it, I see no reason to watch it again.