Breaking Bad - Season 5 part 2

Chilly McFreeze

• Awards Moderator
My mate Rich has made a brilliant Breaking Bad music video:

So cool.

Wow, that's amazing! Nice one your mate Rich

He's made a few like that - his Downton Does One Direction went nuclear.

Two things to mention:

1) I am ludicrously excited about the last few eps. The day is finally here. Not going to stay up to watch it but will be watching it tomorrow evening as soon as I get in from work. Has there been this much "buzz" around a TV show for a while ? All my mates and most of the people on Twitter are talking about it. Suffice to say I will be staying off Twitter tomorrow to avoid spoilers.

2) That Walter White "My Way" mashup that was mentioned in a link posted a few posts back has just been Tweeted by Walter White himself Bryan Cranston !!! Pretty fucking cool for whoever made it. Currently 22.5k views on Youtube. Interesting to see how much this jumps by with Walter White tweeting it.

Edited by Fat Boy Mendoza

• Paid Members

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

"Your best course of action would be to tread lightly"

Spine tingling final scene. I even let out a squeal as Hank brought the garage door down. What a way to start the last eight episodes. I didn't think they'd dive into the Walt and Hank confrontation so soon, but other than that fucking Star Trek conversation, a fine opening episode.

I can't believe I gotta wait another week now :(

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members
SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

"Your best course of action would be to tread lightly"

Spine tingling final scene. I even let out a squeal as Hank brought the garage door down. What a way to start the last eight episodes. I didn't think they'd dive into the Walt and Hank confrontation so soon, but other than that fucking Star Trek conversation, a fine opening episode.

I can't believe I gotta wait another week now :(

I don't think you need to spoiler tag, this is US/UK pace as they are released almost at the same time. On top of that you've talked about the scene anyway?

Just finished the ep. Unbelievable episode. As you say, the final scene was just nerve shredding. In fact the whole episode was truly TV perfection as I found myself having that feeling of dread (in a good way) watching the whole thing, like the shit is truly about to hit the fan.

The opening sequence as well shed some more light on where Walt will end up and obviously with his neighbour dropping that shopping bag it shows that something massive is about to happen.

What a show.

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members

Hank's complete reversal of power was fantastic. One minute he's got Walt bang to rights and then the next Walt has told him he has no chance of going to prison, then Walt leans in and says "tread lightly".

The Star Trek speech I thought would have been great if counter-measured by something. When Jesse walked away I was sure it was leading to him trying to shoot himself or something, but it never. Made the Star Trek speech seem a little on it's own.

But yeah, great returning episode.

• Paid Members
Hank's complete reversal of power was fantastic. One minute he's got Walt bang to rights and then the next Walt has told him he has no chance of going to prison, then Walt leans in and says "tread lightly".

The Star Trek speech I thought would have been great if counter-measured by something. When Jesse walked away I was sure it was leading to him trying to shoot himself or something, but it never. Made the Star Trek speech seem a little on it's own.

But yeah, great returning episode.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the Star Trek speech? Yes, it was light humour, but it's there for two reasons. Firstly, it displayed perfectly Jesse's mental state. He's numb to it all and showed that he had zero interest in the world around him. Secondly, it's light humour and gives the viewer a little breathing space from the full on scenes that came before and after it.

Absolutely loved the episode. That final scene, fucking intense! It's gonna be torture waiting a week for the new episode, seeing as I've watched it all on Netflix over the last few months.

Anyone know where I can watch the Talking Bad show that was on after the episode?

• Paid Members

We were so excited that we got out the good placemats and I made breakfast-for-dinner, in honor of Walt Jr., chased with some blue rock candy. The meat-heavy greasefest was probably a mistake, because I nearly shit myself when Hank hit the garage door closer. The end of the episode was an absolute nerve shredder - Bryan Cranston is beyond brilliant in this show. Watched "Low Winter Sun" afterwards, and he made everyone in that seem like they were acting in a panto.