• Paid Members

That just shows the entitlement of wrestling fans. The “Broken” stuff was developed in TNA. If the Hardys funding a few episodes of Impact, that doesn’t gain them any right—they were still under contract of TNA at the time. TNA are just protecting their business interests because that’s what they are: a business, and their product is a TV show. The gimmicks portrayed by the Hardys were part of that product.

TNA don’t owe the Hardys anything. If the Hardys paid for a couple of episodes of Impact out of their own pocket then that was their prerogative. What employer wouldn’t let an employee pay for something that’s going to benefit them? If I told my boss, “I’m going to pay for this project” then of course their eyes are going to light up and quickly say “OK!”.

TNA aren’t in the wrong here. The Hardys tried to use intellectual property of one company in another. It’s like an actor developing a character in a TV show, funding a couple of episodes of that show, and then trying to use the same character on another show for another studio. I say “like”, but that’s the exact scenario here. Do you think Warner Bros. would go, “Oh, well. We owe the fans for them to take that character to another show. Imagine the goodwill it will buy us!”

This isn't a case of right and wrong, it's about picking your battles and, as you say, running a business. TNA need to rebuild their fanbase and get a positive buzz going. That should be their biggest priority. They aren't going to attract casual fans at this stage so they need to target the "hardcore" fan, which unfortunately is the type of fan who takes this sort of shit personally. You can call it entitlement, or whatever, but it's still a reality.

They've alienated a lot of potential customers, and seriously hurt their "reboot", all to protect intellectual property that they can't use anyway. It's a massive own goal however you look at it.

• Paid Members

That just shows the entitlement of wrestling fans. The “Broken” stuff was developed in TNA. If the Hardys funding a few episodes of Impact, that doesn’t gain them any right—they were still under contract of TNA at the time. TNA are just protecting their business interests because that’s what they are: a business, and their product is a TV show. The gimmicks portrayed by the Hardys were part of that product.

TNA don’t owe the Hardys anything. If the Hardys paid for a couple of episodes of Impact out of their own pocket then that was their prerogative. What employer wouldn’t let an employee pay for something that’s going to benefit them? If I told my boss, “I’m going to pay for this project” then of course their eyes are going to light up and quickly say “OK!”.

TNA aren’t in the wrong here. The Hardys tried to use intellectual property of one company in another. It’s like an actor developing a character in a TV show, funding a couple of episodes of that show, and then trying to use the same character on another show for another studio. I say “like”, but that’s the exact scenario here. Do you think Warner Bros. would go, “Oh, well. We owe the fans for them to take that character to another show. Imagine the goodwill it will buy us!”

This isn't a case of right and wrong, it's about picking your battles and, as you say, running a business. TNA need to rebuild their fanbase and get a positive buzz going. That should be their biggest priority. They aren't going to attract casual fans at this stage so they need to target the "hardcore" fan, which unfortunately is the type of fan who takes this sort of shit personally. You can call it entitlement, or whatever, but it's still a reality.

They've alienated a lot of potential customers, and seriously hurt their "reboot", all to protect intellectual property that they can't use anyway. It's a massive own goal however you look at it.

Anthem aren't from the wrestling industry. They are a corporation that owns a wrestling promotion. The law allows them to do this so they exercise it according to business protocol. Emotional wrestling things like friendship, good will, pettiness or bitterness don't mean anything to them. It's not out of immorality or spite, its not "PR" as you put, it's ruthless and at times down right savage bureaucracy.

• Paid Members

Its also stupid. Making enemies in a business where one promotion holds a monopoly stranglehold shows their methods will kill them in the end. They'll end up on the foot of the bigger boys if they dont make friends very quickly. TNA as a company are already dead anyway. Anthem's job isn't to thrive at the moment. Its to try and pick this mess up off the floor. And burning bridges with the Hardy Boyz isnt the best move.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Wwe do this all the time. Stone cold had to change his name by deed poll as they wouldn't let him use Steve Austin on his b movies .

• Paid Members

He is such a big fan that Anthem have said they don't want his money. They are keeping the rights to his gimmick though if he ever wants to stop watching them. If he gets the WWE Network or New Japan World he HAS to pay or they issue him a cease and desist order.