• Paid Members

Or in the world of TNA is he considered a big enough star to be known by just his first name, like Cher? It'd be marginally better than that couple of weeks when they ran into legal problems once WWE signed the Shane Twins and Shawn's cousin was billed solely as "Michael".

Surely its better to call him 'Cody' than give him a false monniker when everyone will call him Cody Rhodes anyway? A single name didn't do Goldberg or Ryback too much harm after all!

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

They could call him Cody Rohdes.

If WWE have trademark over Rhodes, then if TNA change the letters around theyd get away with that in court.

Top plan, if his Twitter header is anything to go by, he's still doing Ring of Honor in December, so go with Cody RoHdes and everyone's happy!

On that score - is there anything to suggest this is a long term thing in TNA, or just a one-off for BFG for Cody, given they announced Brandi first, and as signed?

If it's just a one time thing, "Cody and Brandi Rhodes" works as a ring announcement & nameplate. I'm working on the assumption there that it'll be a mixed tag against the Bennetts, as that seems the most obvious thing to do.

I don't understand the TNACody thing at all. TNA have no money. They can barely scrape enough to tape their TV show without having to beg outside investors to fund them. Yet they've signed someone who was never a star, never drew anything, never had a great match and never cut a great promo and they're paying him what I assume is good money. TNA has also never created a star and the majority of people that have worked for them that came from WWE (not all of course, but most) actually became less of a star than they were before. So the track record over the last 15 years isn't great.

I just don't understand why they've signed him.

The same reason TNA ever do anything: So that we'll discuss them online. Looking back at the history of the company, there's very little that seems to have been driven by any impetus other than that.

At this stage, they aren't capable of cutting costs enough to see a profit anyway, so they might as well just throw shit like this at a wall and see what happens. I mean, we know what happens. Nothing. But if it gives Corgan a stonker to pay Cody to be a REAL WRESTLER, fair play to him.