I've watched Impact in it's entirety 3 weeks in a row now for the first time in years and years. Finding the whole show really enjoyable these days. The action and storylines are firing on all cylinders at the moment.

The Grim Reaper was the door when Roode, Joe, Eric Young, Styles etc when to the WWE. But they've done an amazing job with off casts like of Galloway, EC3 and Mike Bennett who were in no way stars before hand. And obviously the Broken Hardy's have been fantastic. The whole roster albeit small is really interesting at the moment and long may it continue.

Totally agree, this week Impact was the TV show I enjoyed most, I include Lucha, NXT, ROH, anything WWE in that. It is such an easy watch, you get a decent top end of the card, believable fuckers like Moose, Lashley, Galloway, EC3, all big blokes knocking the hell out of each other. Then you get Broken brilliance, and Rosemary who is so good on the mic, if they sorted the X-Division out that would really round out the show, here is what I want, get that belt on Trevor Lee, he has something about him that lad, let him hold it for ages and build up challengers.

Also, I enjoyed the Cody video package, it was weirdly comforting, like a Gerard Butler aftershave advert. He came across as a somebody.

• Paid Members

Outside of Bobby Lashley, EC3 and the Broken Boyz/Decay thing, I must say Impact really doesnt do much for me. I mean, its 50 times better than watching Raw, but there's this devide between between I really like and people I have no interest in at all. Luckily, the top two feuds are EC3/Lashley and the Hardys/Decay, so the rest doesnt bother me to much, but Cody Rhodes vs Mike Bennett is a feud I just cant imagine ever holding my attention. I suppose, what I'm saying is there is enough about Impact for me to watch it every week, but there's a lot of people just floating along thinking they're better than what they are. Bennett especially is just shit. Bennett vs Cody Rhodes is a Smackdown feud if there ever was one.

That's always going to be the difference for me between TNA and WWE.

Despite how shit Raw and Smackdown can be, there's still people there that I've loved and followed for years and actually care enough about to tune in.

I might like a couple of things on Impact but not nearly enough to bother with it most weeks.

• Paid Members

That's always going to be the difference for me between TNA and WWE.

Despite how shit Raw and Smackdown can be, there's still people there that I've loved and followed for years and actually care enough about to tune in.

I might like a couple of things on Impact but not nearly enough to bother with it most weeks.

I'm on a different wavelength tbh as I consider "my era" to be anything pre 2001, so with there being so few (if any some weeks) characters from that period on WWE TV these days, I couldn't give a shit about 90% of what's on TV.

I know its a ridiculous way to look at Wrestling, but whereas I will forever love 80's and 90's WWF and WCW, I don't feel any affection towards what they produce these days.

Throw in an appearance by the Undertaker, or an Old-School themed Raw, for example, or something everyone's talking about like the Brock v Randy Orton match, and I'll watch. 

But TNA, being an easy watch for two hours a week compared to the countless hours you have to invest into WWE, is so much more digestable.

Edited by garynysmon

I might give this a watch, what channel is it on these days? 

I've just been watching it online to be honest but think it's still on Challenge 9pm Sundays.

It's a perfectly watchable 2 hours of wrestling at the moment and a decent alternative. Hopefully there's more to come from them and they can sort out all the financial rumours. They've went back to basics and pretty much gave their talent free reign with gimmicks etc and it's working right now.

If only it wasn't still called "TNA". The name itself draws so many negative connotations due to the company's history of dropping the ball time and time again I just can't bring myself to watch it anymore. It's sad because at one time I was happy to say that TNA was my favourite wrestling promotion.

• Paid Members

On the subject on names - just saw the "Cody" vignette and accompanying graphic on Twitter, and that's exactly how he's billed.

Seems they can't use "Cody Rhodes", so wonder if they're gonna go with Cody Runnels?

Something horribly indy like "Cody Dream"?

Or in the world of TNA is he considered a big enough star to be known by just his first name, like Cher? It'd be marginally better than that couple of weeks when they ran into legal problems once WWE signed the Shane Twins and Shawn's cousin was billed solely as "Michael".

Edited by Statto

If only it wasn't still called "TNA". The name itself draws so many negative connotations due to the company's history of dropping the ball time and time again I just can't bring myself to watch it anymore. It's sad because at one time I was happy to say that TNA was my favourite wrestling promotion.

For me it's the Impact Zone. Them not getting off the ground consistently as a touring brand when they were hot has ruined them. Fans there today seem complacent as hell and willing to sit through any old shite. Of course when WWE is your bread and butter its never gonna be easy or even possible to live up to that in terms of atmosphere and crowd excitement, but ROH still draws a decent crowd and atmosphere, and their old atmospheres are legendary 

As for the negative connotations thing, it's valid but I think a tad overblown. WWE has let us down countless times throughout all the eras but we're more willing to forgive it because it actually feels like it matters rather than just a speck on the wrestling landscape happening in Orlando. For Broken Hardyz it's fine but I can't take a World Championship match there seriously these days. Even last year when unbeaten heel EC3 was a fantastic champ owning every segment he was in, when it came to matches it wasn't hitting home and with Angle and Aries among the challengers I can't blame the workers.

Edited by sj5522

On the subject on names - just saw the "Cody" vignette and accompanying graphic on Twitter, and that's exactly how he's billed.

Seems they can't use "Cody Rhodes", so wonder if they're gonna go with Cody Runnels?

Something horribly indy like "Cody Dream"?

Or in the world of TNA is he considered a big enough star to be known by just his first name, like Cher? It'd be marginally better than that couple of weeks when they ran into legal problems once WWE signed the Shane Twins and Shawn's cousin was billed solely as "Michael".

I hope they capitalise on his heritage and go with Cody Reign.

Black Reign was awesome.