• Paid Members

Because it does seem somewhat hypocritical to go out their way not mention them at all, yet get the library which is virtually the only major thing of value they have and go on about them.

It makes perfect business sense. If they tell people now that AJ used to wrestle for TNA, what are some of the fans going to do? Start checking out what/who TNA are. Potential (although unlikely) lost WWE viewers, after advertising their 'competitors'. Even if you reference them in a mocking way, look what happened when Tony Schiavone told WCW viewers about Foley winning the WWF title.

If they ever purchase the library, they'll certainly start mentioning them now and again. Then if they tell people that AJ used to wrestle for TNA, then "Oh by the way you can catch these matches on the WWE Network, $9.99 a month, I love it Maggle HAHAHA!".

Edited by PunkStep

• Moderators

According to some, from the

tattoo under his ring, this is Cody Rhodes, already. I guess he won't be in the Impact zone and this will be a pre-tape.

Can't imagine much worse than getting your barse tattooed.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

WWE have mentioned TNA by name in the past. It’s mentioned in the Legends with JBL episode with Sting, and sure I’ve heard it mentioned on other occasions.

yeh the Dudley's DVD briefly touched on the TNA run.

• Paid Members

I am "Facebook Frwends" with the head of TNA's ring crew and the guy makes all their rings. Guy called Bob, a bloody nice bloke by all accounts. a mutual friend posted about WWE buying TNA and he said to not believe everything you read on the internet.

This guy has been with them day in, day out since almost the beginning (I think he may have been post asylum days), so I would trust him. 

• Paid Members

They all do it. Its so odd. Shane Douglas did it when he returned from "cartoon land" back in 96 and it seems every promo since has been a copy of those. "I'm a wre stler, not a sports entertainer, I like wrestling for shite promotions against people WWE will sign in 6 months" etc. Those type of promos only work if you actually believe what the person is saying. Instead, you get Del Rio, Sandow and Cody Rhodes doing them, and you know they'd give a kidney to be working dull matches on Raw if they were in the main events.

Ryback would be my limit, I must say. If he does a "I'm a wrestler, not a sports entertainer" speech, I'll walk out. His appeal is that he's this jacked up 80s WWF looking wrestler. Actually, Ryback should do the opposite if/when he shows up in TNA. He should cut a "I'm a sports entertainer, not a wrestler" promo and start bullying these little shits as we know and love him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F207207269295517%2Fvideos%2F1517192738296957%2F&show_text=0&width=560"width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Sabu is a dilapatated spot monkey. 

Edited by Philjax

• Paid Members

Who on earth has ever wanted to see Sandow be an 'actual wrestler' anyway? The only time he was over was when he was impersonating a mid-carder by playing his goofy body double. If that wasn't sports entertainment in it's truest form then I don't know what is. That saved his career and you know he loved every minute of it.

You're dead right about Ryback Ian, given how he comes across online I wouldn't expect anything less than him trolling by saying he is a sports entertainer. I wonder how the TNA crowd would react to him? So many fans were split over him. They should propel him into the main event picture right away, make him the new top guy. No building up, he's had bloody years of that already.

I wouldn't say that was the only time Sandow was over. The intellectual gimmick was pretty popular and damn funny at times too

TNA/indy wrestlers' "I am free now!" speeches are really the worst though, especially when they go round-about the issue in the shittiest way as "Aron Rex" has just done