Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

As brilliantly insane as TNA have been, they've managed, by any means necessary, to run for 13 years in a massive wrestling downturn through a worldwide financial crisis. There are many, many worse wrestling companies.

 

Great point on the inconsistency though. They've rarely known what they wanted to be from one week to the next.

Posted

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/pop-tv-president-wants-to-see-spiketvtna-rating-s/

 

Some interesting points from the above interview it puts to bed those ridiculous rumours about TNA buying airtime of even not getting paid by the network

 

But on the flip side if he thinks it's going to get spike TV numbers in the near future he's in for a bit of a shock it took TNA several years to build those numbers and had several established names along the way

  • Paid Members
Posted

What I find staggering is that in the significant length of time they've been around, they've had a complete inability to take a solid, successful direction or get someone in who can turn their fortunes around for a decent length of time. They just don't seem to be able to learn from any of their mistakes - but then, I guess, they don't think they've made any.

  • Paid Members
Posted

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/pop-tv-president-wants-to-see-spiketvtna-rating-s/

 

Some interesting points from the above interview it puts to bed those ridiculous rumours about TNA buying airtime of even not getting paid by the network

 

Even if it puts to bed that they're buying time, it noticeably doesn't state if the time is free or not. I think even at best, if TNA are being paid, it's not going to be much.

Posted

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/pop-tv-president-wants-to-see-spiketvtna-rating-s/

 

Some interesting points from the above interview it puts to bed those ridiculous rumours about TNA buying airtime of even not getting paid by the network

 

But on the flip side if he thinks it's going to get spike TV numbers in the near future he's in for a bit of a shock it took TNA several years to build those numbers and had several established names along the way

 

To be fair, if TNA were paying for the slot it's not like he's going to say that publicly is it?

  • Paid Members
Posted

After they secretly hired Vince Russo and hid it from Spike during their negotiation period, nothing is ridiculous. They'll never recover from losing Spike. The company has been dead for a few years now. All TNA is now is 1990 AWA. It just fills up their TV time and no progression is ever made.

  • Paid Members
Posted

But they've got top talent like Samoa Joe, James Storm, and Austin Aries!

 

Oh, wait, that's WWE's development territory...

  • Paid Members
Posted

Rubbish looking empty arenas on the telly, a clear budget roster when compared to a few years earlier, the feeling nothing matter as you're watching something slowly die. 90s AWA is pretty solid as a comparison.

 

It amazes me they're still giving it the old try.

Posted

Is there a reason for Gail Kim still working for this lot other than wrestling just being a hobby to her now? I'm always shocked whenever I see that she is still there.

 

Didn't she marry some celebrity Chef?

Posted

She likes wrestling apparently, it's not a big schedule and the last time she was on WWE TV she couldn't even manage to throw a bucket of confetti over a fellow divas.

 

I think her and Mickie James would make decent veterans if they are still serious about the Diva revolution. I think they have 2 Divas trainers right now, so probably don't need anyone else.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby Roode in New Japan or NXT, think he would be good in either promotion.

Posted

Just on the tournament and the booking... They spend so much time stressing Robbie E is a serious wrestler now. Gone is the party side of things, etc, etc, and then he loses out in the first round to Davey Richards? What was the point in hyping up Robbie E? I'm not saying Robbie should have gone on and won the tournament but I don't see the point in hyping him up to go out in the first round. On top of that, Lashley over Aries? Nah, not for me. The ending of the match was so daft. I think I'm right in saying Aries just needed a draw, why did he not simply get out the ring at the end?

Posted

Is there a reason for Gail Kim still working for this lot other than wrestling just being a hobby to her now? I'm always shocked whenever I see that she is still there.

 

Didn't she marry some celebrity Chef?

Robert Irvine. She's fucking minted, by all accounts. 

Posted

Just on the tournament and the booking... They spend so much time stressing Robbie E is a serious wrestler now. Gone is the party side of things, etc, etc, and then he loses out in the first round to Davey Richards? What was the point in hyping up Robbie E? I'm not saying Robbie should have gone on and won the tournament but I don't see the point in hyping him up to go out in the first round. On top of that, Lashley over Aries? Nah, not for me. The ending of the match was so daft. I think I'm right in saying Aries just needed a draw, why did he not simply get out the ring at the end?

 

I don't know how long they have been doing it as I haven;t watched TNA in ages, but you would have thought losing the first round of a tournament would have been s good storyline catalyst for making someone more serious.

Posted

On top of that, Lashley over Aries? Nah, not for me. The ending of the match was so daft. I think I'm right in saying Aries just needed a draw, why did he not simply get out the ring at the end?

Actually quite good foresight for them to have Aries out in 1st round seeing as he lost a 'Loser Leaves TNA Forever' match to Spud a few months ago

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...