I don't know how long they have been doing it as I haven;t watched TNA in ages, but you would have thought losing the first round of a tournament would have been s good storyline catalyst for making someone more serious.

It would but Robbie is "serious" during the tournament. So, he became serious and still went out in the first round. Perhaps he will become even more serious now...

Fair enough regarding Aries leaving and I would probably take Lashley over Anderson but the finish was still daft.

The two women they built the whole division off of no less. I'm just a bit gutted Tigre v Gail wasn't for the right to face Al Snow in a scaffold match after all. Or was it Abyss in a barbed wire match

Did anyone else watch the #astylumyears ppv #1 last night? Some great memories that opening match with AJ/Jerry Lynn & low ki vs the flying elvis' set the standard for what was to come in the x division I actually enjoyed the gauntlet match better 2nd time round.

But what were they thinking with those bloody midgets

Is there a reason for Gail Kim still working for this lot other than wrestling just being a hobby to her now? I'm always shocked whenever I see that she is still there.

Didn't she marry some celebrity Chef?

Robert Irvine. She's fucking minted, by all accounts. 

She's done well for herself then. Good to hear.

At least she is a position where she doesn't have to worry about life post TNA. Shame she never amounted to much in the big leagues though.

• Paid Members

What a first impression TNA made to the world. Blokes dressed as willies, characters based on Deliverance, street fighting dwarfs and a Scott Steiner tribute act in the main event. Quality control was never TNA's strong point.

Feeling a bit dim - who was that?

• Paid Members

Fuck knows. Some jacked up bloke with blonde hair, Steiner beard and shorts. They were mad that Steiner didnt want to work the first TNA PPV, so brought out a bloke dressed as him. Which is odd, because Rick Steiner was in the battle royal.

EDIT: Fucking hell, did a bit of research (if you can call it that) and it was actually Spellbinder of all people!

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

On top of that, Lashley over Aries? Nah, not for me. The ending of the match was so daft. I think I'm right in saying Aries just needed a draw, why did he not simply get out the ring at the end?

Actually quite good foresight for them to have Aries out in 1st round seeing as he lost a 'Loser Leaves TNA Forever' match to Spud a few months ago
Yes, but that was broadcast ages ago, Aries left, then was allowed back to be part of the tournament. Because TNA. Edited by Statto

didnt a morbidly obese wrestler break the rope on their very first dark match and they had to frantically put in all the non in-ring segments at the top of the show?

• Paid Members

didnt a morbidly obese wrestler break the rope on their very first dark match and they had to frantically put in all the non in-ring segments at the top of the show?

Cheexs I think his name was. If I remember right you can see Ron and Don shitarse fixing it in the feed in from the title sequence.