Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I think Marc did his best there. He was damned if he didn't mention it and, looking at the reactions here, he's damned if he did.

It's not like they don't tackle the uncomfortable and horrible happening of pro wrestling; they're two staunch left-wingers and they have discussed the awful cases of pro wrestling being proper dodgy before. They do it in a rapid fashion to get back to the show but they rarely gloss over any major controversies (hell, they even pick up on some minor ones).

They aren't going to spend a large bulk of time discussing such a horrible case on a comedy podcast, and Marc's wording was him just trying to sum the grim affair up in a single soundbite. You can tell by the tone of his voice that he wasn't comfortable speaking about it, and was probably trying not to speak out of term hence his wording, but he would've got a shit ton more negative feedback if he didn't mention it at all.

And I'm saying that as someone who believes Ashley's version of events.

Edited by Accident Prone

Ashley did have a match at WM24, so perhaps with a bit of forward planning they could’ve handled it a little better on those upcoming episodes. I personally didn’t think it came across as Marc quickly getting a “shit! Better say this before the lawyers get the phone”

As was said last year, it’s a situation that I don’t think we’re ever going to get a definitive truth to. That’s not me saying that Ashley lied about anything, but unfortunately for her, being part of that lawsuit put her in a position where WWE’s lawyers can portray as her an ex-employee with a grudge

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I don't think it was 'for legal reasons, I should say this'. I think it was what a lot of people did, which was 'well, if this happened like this, it's very difficult for me to keep a clear conscience and remain a fan, so erm, it's difficult to tell what really happened and we'll never really know, so best not to think about it too much. RIP.'.

• Paid Members

I thought it should have handled much better but Marc did come across like he was genuinely distressed having to talk about it from his tone.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

He should at least have told everyone he was cancelling his WWE subscription, to ensure that we all know he is a Nice Person With Morals, and possibly even gone as far as actually cancelling it.

😇

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Here’s then release schedule for Something to Wrestle. Can’t wait for that Nailz episode. Paul from my team has got loads of random merch of his, including a staff only Summerslam bag that belonged to him. 

95C7F442-6F45-4CB1-B6F7-BCC386CFA2D0.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone recommend me a good podcast to listen to on spotify? i've pretty much gone through all the uploaded Talk Is Jericho, Something To Wrestle With, New Day Podcast, Grilling JR and the decent Lilian Garcia ones, but need something else decent if there is any? 

8 minutes ago, big7thletter said:

can anyone recommend me a good podcast to listen to on spotify? i've pretty much gone through all the uploaded Talk Is Jericho, Something To Wrestle With, New Day Podcast, Grilling JR and the decent Lilian Garcia ones, but need something else decent if there is any? 

The Lapsed Fan, and the new AEW podcast are both on there 

1 hour ago, big7thletter said:

Wrestle Me is on there.

The New Generation Project Podcast is on there. The show’s finished now, but I’ve gone back to the beginning and started again because they’re still very enjoyable. As with most podcasts, the first couple of shows are a bit loose but they find their feet pretty quickly and all 3 of the guys have great chemistry together and the quality never really dips

Edited by WyattSheepMask

52 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The New Generation Project Podcast is on there. The show’s finished now, but I’ve gone back to the beginning and started again because they’re still very enjoyable. As with most podcasts, the first couple of shows are a bit loose but they find their feet pretty quickly and all 3 of the guys have great chemistry together and the quality never really dips

I've done exactly the same. My job means that I'm basically in a van for 6 hours a day, so it's ideal. I started at the beginning and I'm currently on Summerslam 97.

It's a great show.