Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

The Revival are on Talk Is Jericho today. Really good listen.

It really does defy logic that the WWE manage to screw up so many good acts these days. The perfect team to build any serious tag division around.

Hope they do really well in AEW. I'm sure they will.

• Paid Members
On 5/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Liam O'Rourke said:

So, for the first time in 2020, SCG Radio returns for part one of a three-part series examining the year 1990 in the WWF. In part 1, I'm joined by Kyle Ross of Top Rope Nation to look at the WWF's struggles entering the year, the decision to go with Hulk Hogan Vs. Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 6, and go through the timeline of events that turned what was thought to be the biggest money match in three years to a colossal disappointment. Featuring all the facts and figured you'd expect, we break down the problems with the build to the show, issues with pay-per-view providers, Vince McMahon's initial foray into the bodybuilding world, problems with the heel side of the company, Vince's battle with Ed Tunney and the Canadian legal system, the WWF signing Mike Tyson to be a special referee in 1990 and the media fallout, and analyse the decision to move to the Ultimate Warrior as the top guy in the company and what the early indications were, as well as when the momentum started to crumble. A really in-depth look at the first third of 1990, check it out, enjoy, and stay safe!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/css64r/SCG_Radio_156_-_The_WWF_In_1990_Part_1.mp3

Loved this. 1990 is the year I started watching WWF and loving The Warrior so it was great to hear all the ins and outs, leading up to WM 6. Looking forward to the next one.

The Revival/Revolt interview on Talk Is Jericho is fine, but anyone expecting it to be the big WWE bashing interview will be disappointed. It’s worth a listen, but it rarely goes further than “we were really frustrated”

I haven’t listened to Jericho’s podcast properly in a long time, and he sometimes still tries to cram in a “oh yeah, that’s like when I...” here and there, he’s nowhere near as bad or annoying as he used to be

Episode one of 'Is It Shane Richie? The Adventures of a Wrestling Journeyman', a new podcast by former British wrestler Carl Conroy, is live now, and can be found here....

https://soundcloud.com/isitshanerichie

This week, we bring you regular features 'Short Stories', 'Quote of the Week' and 'Song of the Week' for the first time, as well as explaining where the name of the podcast comes from.

I would love to hear feedback and suggestions, good and bad, and as well as on Soundcloud, you can also find us on both Facebook and Twitter, under the name Conroypod.

https://www.facebook.com/conroypod/

https://twitter.com/conroypod

iisr%20border.webp

• Paid Members

just listened to the 2nd appearence of Tony Khan on AEW Unrestricted. I find Khan a fairly engaging guy to listen too but in a 'lets pat each other on the back and tell each other how great we are' way, this was pretty sickening. Aubrey Edwards especially is an upper level brown noser. They should just leave Schiavone do the interviews.

Edited by Egg Shen

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

just listened to the 2nd appearence of Tony Khan on AEW Unrestricted. I find Khan a fairly engaging guy to listen too but in a 'lets pat each other on the back and tell each other how great we are' way, this was pretty sickening. Aubrey Edwards especially is an upper level brown noser. They should just leave Schiavone do the interviews.

She's hardly going to publicly insult or challenge him in that forum is she! Believe she mentioned how well paid she was at AEW and makes more from wrestling than software (!), so you can surely understand her being nice to him.

Thought it was a good podcast but was a bit annoying how long ago it was recorded, they hadn't even crowned tag champs by then and pre Corona I imagine a lot of stuff is out of date.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

29 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Thought it was a good podcast but was a bit annoying how long ago it was recorded, they hadn't even crowned tag champs by then and pre Corona I imagine a lot of stuff is out of date.

Think you've listened to the wrong episode. The latest one with Khan was recorded a week or so ago when they were preparing for the live return. 

3 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

Think you've listened to the wrong episode. The latest one with Khan was recorded a week or so ago when they were preparing for the live return. 

Well blow bubbles up my bollocks and call me Shirley, this is exactly what I've done. Thanks for that, and I may yet be wrong about Aubz @Egg Shen so I'll pay close attention to how she comes across on this.

SCG Radio is back this week for Part 2 of our look into 1990 in the WWF, this time covering from WrestleMania 6 to Summerslam 90, tackling all the big issues of the summer that brought Vince McMahon his first major slump since the dawn of Hulkamania. Looking at all the notes, facts and figures from the time, the decision to go with Warrior Vs. Rude and Hogan Vs. Earthquake over the summer and how things played out at the all-important house shows, bad television, LOD, Slaughter and Von Erich come in, Ventura and Sapphire leave, Vince continues to make news in bodybuilding, a masterclass of performances from Hulk Hogan, changes being made to the Ultimate Warrior, and an attempt to rebook the top of the card to heat things up at a time that, as it turns out, badly needed a shot of adrenaline. A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/x7zs64/SCGRadio157-TheWWFIn1990Part2a217y.mp3

• Paid Members
On 5/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, Egg Shen said:

just listened to the 2nd appearence of Tony Khan on AEW Unrestricted. I find Khan a fairly engaging guy to listen too but in a 'lets pat each other on the back and tell each other how great we are' way, this was pretty sickening.

Agreed. It was interesting to hear how they ended up putting the shows together etc but it was sickeningly self congratulatory. Quite a few thinly-veiled shots at WWE in there too, that the people who think they've got the moral high ground really shouldn't be taking.