Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I was late to the party with Wrestle Me, but working from home through lockdown gave me the perfect opportunity to finally give it a shot. I started at the very beginning, maybe a month ago. As of today I've listened to every single episode- I'm bang up to date and gutted about it, now having to wait for more episodes. I've been blasting through them and it's been absolutely fucking brilliant.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:18 PM, WestCoastPop619 said:

The UKFF gets a couple minutes worth of attention on the latest patreon episode of wrestle me. Very humorous stuff concerning one SID. 😂

Yeah, Marc’s clearly still lurking on here and Pete seems to have had a read too now, which is nice. They were very positive about the place although he questioned the forum’s questioning of his preference for John Morrison over Miz.

I initially had no intention of subscribing to the @WrestleMe! Patreon and thought it was a bit pricey, but in the end I realised I could afford it and I wanted to support the guys in this climate. I’m glad I did. The Patreon podcasts are hilarious and Marc’s newsletter is really well written. I still think they’d be better off reducing the price of entry, but I’m very much enjoying the content they’re producing. 

I only started listening to Wrestle Me a couple of weeks ago and I'm really loving it. I could listen to Marc and Pete podcast about anything really as their friendship really shines through as opposed to just being work colleagues. The only bad thing is that I'm zipping through them at quite a pace and will probably get up to date pretty soonish so I think I'll probably sign up to the Patreon for the extra episodes as I'm really enjoying them. I always put off wrestling podcasts as the very little I'd heard over the years just seemed so boring and dull, but these are great fun. It's great to hear Pete get more into wrestling and learn more about it as time goes on.

I would give them five stars but they're just not long enough ★★☆☆☆

Just listened to the latest episode of Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You podcast where his guest is Dave Bautista, it's pretty good, there's a little wrestling talk and Big Dave suggests that Rosenbaum interview Triple H.

Better late than never - SCG Radio returns this week to cover AEW Double or Nothing 2020! Join us for a show recorded the day after the event as we run through the PPV, talk all about the builds, the Stadium Stampede match, Matt Hardy in AEW, a spirited discussion on cinematic wrestling, AEW in its current form, the current state of the commentary team, the successes and failures of the past three months in AEW, and a look ahead at what might be to come. A very fun show this week as we get back on the saddle, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/cpmbe2/SCGRadio159AEWDoubleorNothing2020.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Here’s a couple of the most recent episodes & interviews on BBGWrestling.com

Huge thanks to those who listened to our shows in May. We broke our previous record for downloads in a month, as May reached 15.5k. Cheers 👍

We had a good chat with Fred Ottman, quite a long one at that. When interviewing folks, we do try our best to cover ground that doesn’t normally get the focus it deserves in other interviews. Fred picked up on this fact with compliments, which is always nice to hear. We cover pretty much everything in this one, Steel/Tugboat/Typhoon/WCW/comic books/Tenta/action figures and all in between.

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/interview-with-fred-ottman

We welcomed back our mates from Retrosoft studios to discuss all of the brilliant updates to the official WrestleFest sequel, Retro Mania. Loads covered, from new character additions, recently purchased IP and DLC plans ahead.

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/wrestlefest-2-retro-mania-video-game

Finally (not really as there’s shed loads of other episodes on the site) we’ve uploaded our wonderful chat with illustrious author, Keith Elliot Greenberg. A highly fascinating discussion about his books, the wrestlers in questions and about his works and writing in general.

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/interview-with-writer-keith-elliot-greenberg

Cheers for listening.

• Awards Moderator

It’s been interesting now that Wrestle Me has reached the 2010s, even Pete, who basically started watching wrestling two years ago and knew next to nothing about it beforehand, is nostalgic for the late 80s boom period and thinks Attitude has aged badly.

• Paid Members

Couple of fun updates I thought I’d share.

Duke the Dumpster Droese popped into for a chat about pretty much everything. We were the first pod he he joined as a guest so it was great to get him back on. We covered some fun ground this time around, including tours, plans for his behind the scenes filming ‘The Trash Cam’, Wrestling drunk against King Kong Bundy, the headache of Slammy Awards and a lot more.

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/interview-with-duke-the-dumpster-droese

I recently started assisting with the development of a new wrestling game coming out in the next few months, the game ‘Indie Wrestler’ is a mobile phone based career simulator. You start as a wrestler looking to get bookings following your training and from there, establish you name & craft globally. The lead developer Rehan joined us to chat in-depth about the game, how it works and what to expect. 

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/indie-wrestler-game-interview-with-rehan-iqbal 

@Tommy! Hey hey! So, depending on how quick I can do the notes, we may be doing a mini-series in the style of the 1990 series, but instead for 1991.

The MNW Timeline I'm in two minds on, in that I enjoy those so much, but the dynamic of doing them over Skype may be different and not in keeping with the series so far. We'll see, I may change on that.

Another AEW discussion show is on the horizon, as is a possible revisiting of the 2002 quarterly review show, to talk April to June, start of the brand extension, Austin leaving, etc.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke