Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Love grapple spotlight but I don’t wish to be horrible the amount of times Gareth says like during a podcast 

It’s really taking me out of it at the moment 

His analysis is still brilliant but maybe it’s just me that keeps catching

For anyone who's interested, a friend and I have started a new podcast - 'The Greatest Wrestling Show Ever'

Compiling the greatest wrestling show ever week by week. Hear our inane but (hopefully) somewhat amusing discussions, reasonings, observations and banter as we assemble matches that actually happened but time travelled into one super-show.

Podcast: www.podfollow.com/the-greatest-wrestling-show-ever

There’s a cracking non wrestling podcast with Grado on Flip the Mindset. Goes into all his stuff and probably the most open i have seen him. 

Jericho has former presidential candidate Andrew Yang on, some good chat on it re the wwe contracts, and Yangs ambitions to go after them. Well worth a listen 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished listening to the latest bloc of Wrestle Me shows (I'm a Patreon member) as Marc and Pete run down a New Japan show and they've really outdone themselves with this one. 

I was a little apprehensive as I know next to nothing about Japanese wrestling, but as it turns out that only added to my enjoyment as Marc does a phenomenal job of explaining its history and the backgrounds to each wrestler. 

At the end of the final show, it really sounded like Marc and Pete were unsure as to whether or not it was a good idea to have broken down a New Japan show. I get the impression that Marc lurks on this board, so if you're reading this, Marc- it was my favourite Wrestle Me to date. 

If you, like me, had considered sitting this one out I highly recommend that you think again. It's funny as ever and interesting as hell. 

• Paid Members

The first episode is live on their regular feed as well, and I enjoyed it immensely. While I know more than NJPW than the average punter (although not the average NJPW fan), it was still a nice change to feel a bit more in Pete's shoes for a change and having stuff explained, which was done well and interestingly. Wrestle Me moving away from Wrestlemania now we're in the shit era and towards other stuff is quite exciting.

SCG Radio returns with the first episode of a mini-series covering 1991 in the WWF! In this first part, I'm joined by Kyle Ross to discuss the absolute disaster that was the Sgt. Slaughter push, leading to and through the Royal Rumble, the shocking decision to put the World Title on him, and the feud with Hulk Hogan. Discussing all the media fallout, the promos, the presentation of the angle as well as backstage notes on feelings behind-the-scenes, the show breaks down Vince McMahon's terrible decision to exploit the Persian Gulf War so shamelessly. Check it out and let us know your thoughts!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/r9ekkh/SCG_Radio_160_-_The_WWF_In_1991_Part_1A9ki0h.mp3

1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

SCG Radio returns with the first episode of a mini-series covering 1991 in the WWF! In this first part, I'm joined by Kyle Ross to discuss the absolute disaster that was the Sgt. Slaughter push, leading to and through the Royal Rumble, the shocking decision to put the World Title on him, and the feud with Hulk Hogan. Discussing all the media fallout, the promos, the presentation of the angle as well as backstage notes on feelings behind-the-scenes, the show breaks down Vince McMahon's terrible decision to exploit the Persian Gulf War so shamelessly. Check it out and let us know your thoughts!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/r9ekkh/SCG_Radio_160_-_The_WWF_In_1991_Part_1A9ki0h.mp3

Will check this out in the morning, but I’ll say now I’m looking forward to it as I really enjoy the ones you did earlier this year. Early 90s WWF is where it all started for me, and probably a lot of people on here. Like when some looks back fondly at music and says “this is my era this”, thats what early 90s WWF to me.