Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Their are some amazing posters on here who I think could do good podcast episodes, both in the on topic and off topic

A ukff podcast would be great

I've said it before but a Devon Malcolm film podcast would be a winner.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holding a fork to prove it’s legit.

I think somewhere here has said it before, but I don't think there's anything that sums up modern WWE better than the fact that we're talking about Dean Ambrose - former WWE Champion, multiple time In

So, for the first time in 2020, SCG Radio returns for part one of a three-part series examining the year 1990 in the WWF. In part 1, I'm joined by Kyle Ross of Top Rope Nation to look at the WWF's str

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Listening to Rusev on Ryback's podcast and what a lovely, likeable bloke he is. Ryback compares his personality to Arnold Schwarzenegger and you can definitely see it. 

Also the more that gets out, the more miserable, totally illogical and shit a place to work WWE sounds. Vince told Rusev that he wasn't actually over and the "Rusev Day" chants were actually the fans taking the piss out of him. When Rusev mentions about all his merch selling out, Vince says it's probably because they didn't print enough not because the fans actually like him. Likewise Ryback mentions a major fitness magazine wanting him and the Bellas on the cover but WWE refused, ended up being Triple H and Stephanie McMahon on the cover ofcourse. 

20 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Listening to Rusev on Ryback's podcast and what a lovely, likeable bloke he is. Ryback compares his personality to Arnold Schwarzenegger and you can definitely see it. 

Also the more that gets out, the more miserable, totally illogical and shit a place to work WWE sounds. Vince told Rusev that he wasn't actually over and the "Rusev Day" chants were actually the fans taking the piss out of him. When Rusev mentions about all his merch selling out, Vince says it's probably because they didn't print enough not because the fans actually like him. Likewise Ryback mentions a major fitness magazine wanting him and the Bellas on the cover but WWE refused, ended up being Triple H and Stephanie McMahon on the cover ofcourse. 

It's incredible how many times stories come out like this. Like Vince actually doesn't really want his wrestlers to succeed and make him money. I am absolutely fascinated by so many of his decisions and the logic behind them.

• Paid Members

Not seen anything about his podcast but the WWE network ads for September included two new "Broken Skull Sessions". Think the Jerry Lawler one was on last night and then it's Kurt Angle later in the month.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Last week’s @WrestleMe! had a lovely line about the Bushwhackers... “Like a post-apocalyptic Chuckle Brothers, crawling through the wreckage...”

The bit about Connor, the kid who got the Warrior Award at the Hall of Fame pinning Triple H and the guys saying it was after a 30 minute match made me chuckle. 

Marc and Pete losing their minds over the Triple H/Sting match was great audio

On 9/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, Tsurutagun said:

The bit about Connor, the kid who got the Warrior Award at the Hall of Fame pinning Triple H and the guys saying it was after a 30 minute match made me chuckle. 

Marc and Pete losing their minds over the Triple H/Sting match was great audio

They're doing NXT Takeover: Dallas next, and I've listened to the whole thing since I'm signed up to their Patreon. This is probably very irrational of me, but Marc mispronouncing Finn Balor as Finn "Baylor" annoys me far more than it should. I actually had to stop listening to the final part of the show as it wound me up so much. 

It's nice to know I'm still able to be annoyed at something that isn't to do with COVID denial, Brexit or the Tory government though. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

This is probably very irrational of me, but Marc mispronouncing Finn Balor as Finn "Baylor" annoys me far more than it should. I actually had to stop listening to the final part of the show as it wound me up so much. 

Mate, you've got to go back and listen to the last part. It's top draw WrestleMe. 

• Paid Members

Anyone listen to OVP pod? They're really good on Twitter, posting little videos every day of stuff that happened on this day. Enjoy this one from yesterday of the first time Austin stunned Vince, it's still magical. They collab with prolific UK tape collecter Landy, who also posts gems on Twitter.

The pod is OK. They've got a good formula. each pod is three parts. The first part is whatever chosen topic they've got for the "season", the second part is a ranking segment with a best and worst 10 of something and the last part is a review of something random. One of them calls WWF/WWE "WF" which irks me and they like some different things to me, which is fine, but it's a good listen each week. There isn't much whining about the current product(s) because they barely refer to them so that's good.

https://twitter.com/ovppodcast/status/1308255953750499330?s=20

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been that arsed with the NXT WrestleMe episodes for the same reason I'm not that arsed with the Takeovers in general. Just loads of really good wrestling with fuck all character, charm, humour or thematic variation. 

8 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I've not been that arsed with the NXT WrestleMe episodes for the same reason I'm not that arsed with the Takeovers in general. Just loads of really good wrestling with fuck all character, charm, humour or thematic variation. 

The guys talking about Finn and Joe's match is worth your time. Marc's point about The Demon character sums up everything wrong with it

Love grapple spotlight but I don’t wish to be horrible the amount of times Gareth says like during a podcast 

It’s really taking me out of it at the moment 

His analysis is still brilliant but maybe it’s just me that keeps catching