Sign in to follow this  
uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

On 3/3/2020 at 12:08 PM, Egg Shen said:

Jim Duggan on Jericho a few weeks back was a great listen. Duggan always seems one of the more switched on, easy going guys out of the old lot, Jericho was cracking up all the way through it.

Fantastic.

Wasn't aware of this. Will have a listen this morning.

Yeah. Listened to the Jericho podcast, Jim came across really well. He seems such a nice fella and funny too.

The story of Chris meeting him when he was 15 shows what a honest, decent and appreciative bloke he is.

Rampage Brown on Colt Cabana's podcast is good this week. Only ever seen him play a bastard heel, so enjoyed hearing the softly spoken man behind the gimmick.

Mid_South_Moments_2_.png

Mid South Moments is new podcast this year reviewing episodes of the weekly Mid South Wrestling show starting from 1984.

All of the 40 minute TV shows being reviewed each week are on both WWE Network and in full on YouTube from an era where Magnum TA, Junkyard Dog, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Midnight Express, Rock N Roll Express, and others are doing their thing.

It is hosted by a former UKFFer (guts316) and each week he has a guest reviewer.

The format tends to be the two hosts talking about how they first became fans of wrestling before getting in to the show review itself.

Previous guests have included ECW referee Jim Molineaux, a fan who regularly sat ringside at those shows in that era, and Ben Spindler formerly from WrestleTalk TV.

On this week's episode (Episode 14) I am the guest host, but you should still give it a listen anyway:

Mark Dunderdale (@dopper6) joins me to discuss our travels across the pond to many WrestleMania’s past & some of our personal high & lowlights - from Hogan vs Rock in Toronto to Triple H & Randy Orton’s stinker in Houston.

SummerSlam 1992, U.K. house show classic matches from the 90s, this years behind closed doors ‚ÄėMania & much more before reviewing the March 24th 1984 episode of Mid South Wrestling.

Just recently got into broadening out my podcasts after smashing through true crime ones (In the Dark being the best). 

Hoping for UKFFs help! As a background, only interested in 96-99 WWF and 97-end of ECW. Not really watched anything since apart from random stuff that gets recommended on here, not got the Network either. Also, I haven't really watched any of those years since so only have a 'headline' memory! 

After going through this thread, I started with Something to Wrestle With and have done;

Montreal Screwjob - found it fascinating when Prichard was in gorilla and Taker stood outside McMahons office after the main event as a bodyguard as such until it kicked off. 
Brawl For All - forgot about all the injuries that affected the bracket, Bruce saying this was by far Russo's worst idea. 
Radicalz jump - can't remember much from this one tbh, forgot Eddie broke his arm, Bruce had high hopes for Saturn which didn't turn out. 
WWF/ECW 96-97 - crazy how Triple H and Undertaker offered to go to ECW when they were talent trading
Pillman - didn't know the majority of this, fascinated how he played WCW into letting him go, WWF sign him, send him to ECW etc. 
Sunny - reading her book extracts wasn't necessary (detail about Shawn)!
97 Rumble/WM 15- I don't remember specific events and they tend to go into crazy detail like attendance etc, will stick to to the pods about people as opposed to PPVs
lovetoknow - As mentioned on here, Bruce plays very safe on majority of answers
Russo in WWF - one of my faves so far, loved the detail on backstage meetings and how it all works
Rock 97/98 - enjoyed it as goes through the time I was most into wrestling so massively nostalgic. Will watch Slam 97 and Series 98 matches soon.
Just finishing New Age Outlaws now - similar to above but nothing much revealed. 

In the queue:
Bret 96/97, Raw when WWF finally took over ratings, RVD, Sable, Foley wins the title, Austin's 97, Austin 98/99, Roast of Prichard, Taz.

Any others from STWW I need to check out from those years? 

From memory, stuff I found interesting (you lot will already know all this)
Sid taking over Vader's main event programme with Shawn in 96/97. Russo claiming he planted the idea of they way they screwed Bret in Montreal with Vince. Them actually having hope that Bart Gunn could do something against Butterbean. Radicalz saying they wanted something for Benoit at least if there's no interest in the other three. 

Rambling on now but I do like to find out the 'backstage' stuff more than anything, and alternate plans for how things turned out, and from reading the thread the below have been recommended, which should I go for next?

Squared Circle Gazette
Austin's Podcast(s)
Talk is Jericho
Wrestle me
Letters from kayfabe
Attitude era
Keepin' It 100
Killing the Town
The Brand
83 weeks
Grilling JR

Also saw that Conrad and Gertner announced something for ECW but I can't find it - did it never come about?

Thanks in advance!

That post reminded me that I'm interested in any good podcasts discussing ECW, so all recommendations gratefully received!

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

That post just reminds i miss new episodes of scg

Heard there might be one coming but dunno if the corona has ruined that.

I listened to Matt Hardy on Talk is Jericho and all his stories about working for the WWE were kind of interesting (Vince didn't completely get the Broken Matt/Delete gimmick).

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

All it did was remind me that there are tonnes of wrestling podcasts, most of which are telling the same old stories over & over

Really? There's tons of variety out there if you look for it

Been waiting for ages for the Wrestle Me patreon. Absolutely love the show and genuinely need more of it in my life. When they announced they were tackling WCW as a patreon exclusive a few days back I was proper hyped. Sadly not at £9.60 a month (£8 + VAT). Pretty gutted about it as I love supporting stuff I like but I just can't justify that. Surely they would get far more subs at fiver. I can't be alone in this.

2 hours ago, DEF said:

Been waiting for ages for the Wrestle Me patreon. Absolutely love the show and genuinely need more of it in my life. When they announced they were tackling WCW as a patreon exclusive a few days back I was proper hyped. Sadly not at £9.60 a month (£8 + VAT). Pretty gutted about it as I love supporting stuff I like but I just can't justify that. Surely they would get far more subs at fiver. I can't be alone in this.

Maybe ask @WrestleMe!if there's any wiggle room on the price for the forum that voted them podcast of the year. I agree £10 is a little too much for me.