Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Been waiting for ages for the Wrestle Me patreon. Absolutely love the show and genuinely need more of it in my life. When they announced they were tackling WCW as a patreon exclusive a few days back I was proper hyped. Sadly not at £9.60 a month (£8 + VAT). Pretty gutted about it as I love supporting stuff I like but I just can't justify that. Surely they would get far more subs at fiver. I can't be alone in this.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, DEF said:

Been waiting for ages for the Wrestle Me patreon. Absolutely love the show and genuinely need more of it in my life. When they announced they were tackling WCW as a patreon exclusive a few days back I was proper hyped. Sadly not at £9.60 a month (£8 + VAT). Pretty gutted about it as I love supporting stuff I like but I just can't justify that. Surely they would get far more subs at fiver. I can't be alone in this.

Maybe ask @WrestleMe!if there's any wiggle room on the price for the forum that voted them podcast of the year. I agree £10 is a little too much for me. 

• Paid Members

I'd be a life long sub at a fiver a month. But I just can't get up to a tenner.

Yeah, add me to the £5 list. In the current climate in particular, £10 is too much. I'd love to subscribe but I can't justify it at that price-point. Hopefully @WrestleMe! will take feedback into account, I appreciate that deciding on a price point for these things is difficult.Of course, it may very well pay off and I absolutely appreciate that we may be the minority. 

Today's episode of WrestleMe was horrible.  Why did they push Miz instead of John Morrison?  Why didn't they use Yoshi Tatsu "correctly"?  Come off it.  If they expect people to pay £8 a month for more of that then they're dreaming surely?

• Paid Members

I get 8 quids worth of enjoyment from the show. Can't spake for anyone else, obviously but today's ep was no different from any others. Marc consistently has some opinions of wrestling I'd deem to be bollocks - Shelton Benjamin being an amazing missed opportunity, Sid not being the best wrestler in the world etc. That's not the appeal of the the show. 

Edited by gmoney

Yeah I couldn't give a toss on the correct fanz opinions espoused on any comedy podcast to be honest. It's not an hour for dreary creative analytics. 

• Paid Members

I'm another one where I'd be in for a fiver, but not at the price-point they've started at. Been to their two live shows, so not against paying - but I can't justify over £100 a year on a podcast. 

• Paid Members

I think it might be that I can't get my head around £10 a month for an extra pod a week. It seems wildly out of line with the other patreons I support.

Maybe it's just that I'm lucky with those particular pods but they are all between $1 and £5.

Even putting the other patreons aside, costing more than Netflix, Disney+, Prime and NowTv each is really hard for me to justify.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

That's my take too - looking at Amazon bolt-on subs like Arrow or Shudder... they're a fiver each. This isn't all bad news for the hosts if they read this - pretty much everyone on the thread has said they're in at a fiver, which is a pretty good sign for their ability to make money.

Edit - Actually, saying that, they're on 229 subscribers, which isn't bad at all. I reckon they'd make a lot more at a £5 price-point though. A lower tier, for those of us who don't care about ad-free podcasts or getting them as soon as they're live - that could add quite a lot of subscribers, I reckon.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members

We’ve created a new playlist/show called Nation of Isolation.

We take a deep dive in to different factions, tours & tournaments with occasional special guests. 
Episode 1 focuses on the Nation of Domination. We discuss the initial inception, the changing of the guard and the demise.

• Paid Members
On 3/21/2020 at 6:30 PM, adequate8 said:

Any shouts for 96-99 WWF and 97-end of ECW from peeps who were there?

It's been finished a while but New Gen Podcast was a good discussion on WWF covering KOTR 93 to Raw after Wrestlemania 14, so 3 of the 4 years.

Good mix of a knowledgeable person and a casual fan in there. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

We’ve created a new playlist/show called Nation of Isolation.

We take a deep dive in to different factions, tours & tournaments with occasional special guests. 
Episode 1 focuses on the Nation of Domination. We discuss the initial inception, the changing of the guard and the demise.

Was a really fun listen Kaz .