Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

47 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Just started listening to Wrestle Me. First impression was that they sound like they should be presenting a football phone in in the 90s. Midway through the first episode there's a Paul Pescisolido reference. I feel vindicated.

Check out The Football Ramble then (one of Petes other shows)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Thanks for sharing that @Egg Shen looking forward to giving that a listen. I find Aldis' somewhat unconventional route to where he is now really fascinating.  Interesting to see Van Vilet interviewing NWA talent given he's on the AEW payroll (not sure if he interviews WWE talent too, maybe he does, I'm not overly familiar with his work). 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Thanks for sharing that @Egg Shen looking forward to giving that a listen. I find Aldis' somewhat unconventional route to where he is now really fascinating.  Interesting to see Van Vilet interviewing NWA talent given he's on the AEW payroll (not sure if he interviews WWE talent too, maybe he does, I'm not overly familiar with his work). 

check his channel, he interviews all sorts of people.

On 1/28/2020 at 3:35 PM, mim731 said:

Meltzer interviews WWE wrestlers when they let him as well.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Jericho has Bischoff, Hall, DDP and Booker on his latest show to talk about "The Rise & Fall of the NWO". Could be an interesting one.

i think they are recorded live on the cruise.

Bit disappointed in part of this week’s Wrestle Me. Ashley Massaro’s rape allegation comes up and Marc says he couldn’t imagine that WWE wouldn’t have acted on such a serious allegation. He then quickly goes on to say it’s not the time and place to discuss something so horrific. Marc seems like a great guy and the ‘can’t imagine’ comment seems almost throwaway  - it may well be that ‘shit, better say this to avoid being sued’ passed through his brain - but it should never have made the final edit.

Whether or not Ashley’s account is accurate, there are countless high profile examples of women either being asked not to report attacks, or told it would be pointless to do so. You look at Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein and their accusers, for example. Marc didn’t cast doubt on the allegation, I should clarify that, but the comment he did make felt a little unnecessary. 

Edited by RedRooster

He's entitled to it. It's a completely unexceptionable bit of personal opinion from a bloke who probably hasn't researched every minutia of the event and absolutely nothing to get hung up on, in my opinion. It's one of the few podcasts that's flippant about the murkier side of wrestling and tends to stay out of the seriousness of it. Long may it continue.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

He's entitled to it. It's a completely unexceptionable bit of personal opinion from a bloke who probably hasn't researched every minutia of the event and absolutely nothing to get hung up on, in my opinion. It's one of the few podcasts that's flippant about the murkier side of wrestling and tends to stay out of the seriousness of it. Long may it continue.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate and enjoy the tone of Wrestle Me and I’m more than willing to admit feeling extra sensitive to the issue after listening to the Chasing Cosby and To Catch and Kill podcasts. Then there’s the fact that I found Ashley’s account of what allegedly happened very affecting.

There was never enough momentum behind her allegation to give her the chance of, for want of a better term, a ‘Me Too’ moment, and the idea of all that happening to a person and the end result being her suicide...it’s depressingly tragic.

Like I say, it was clearly a throwaway comment, Marc seems like a great guy and I’m an over-sensitive fuck but I wish they’d removed the comment from the final edit. It didn’t really feel fair. 

• Paid Members

I wish they'd removed it as well. The 'I can't imagine that...' and referencing her writing to apologise for the lawsuit (which can't help but sound like she apologised for what she alleged, which she didn't) aren't a particularly nice combination. The latter, in particular, was the line used by a lot of people to try and dismiss her allegations.