Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I know the Conrad pods divide opinion. Personally I quite enjoy them, however... the Tony Schivone 'What Happened When' podcast has become utter bollocks. I'm a huge fan of big Tone (the commentator), but the idea of his show has followed the watch along aspect for the last forever. They spend all their time talking utter nonsense, with not so funny (in) jokes. A 2 hour recording will have maybe 10 minutes discussing what they're watching. I tapped out months ago on this particular one. Do people enjoy this?

In contrast, I listened to his Stunning Steve Austin episode the other night, one of their very first, and was surprised at how different it was. Like night and day, actual discussion on the subject matter at hand. Will give a listen to the older wrestler profiles, but as for the watch alongs... fuuuck that!

SCG Radio returns this week to our 5 For 5 concept - reviewing five matches that were rated five stars by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer! This week we analyse and break down all about the things that make the performers, matches and wrestling itself the greatest thing since Worcester sauce, as it pertains to the following contests:

*Sting's Squadron Vs. The Dangerous Alliance (War Games) - WCW Wrestle War 92

*Manami Toyota Vs. Aja Kong - AJW Douma Super Woman Great War

*Mitsuharu Misawa Vs. Toshiaki Kawada - Budokan Hall 3.6.94

*Kazuchika Okada Vs. Kenny Omega - G1 Climax 27

*Ric Flair Vs. Terry Funk (I Quit) - WCW Clash 9/New York Knockout

A lot of fun waxing poetic about some fantastic pro wrestling - if you're tired of hostility and negativity in your ears, enjoy!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/xc5de3/SCG_Radio_154_-_5_For_5_-_Episode_2.mp3

• Paid Members

Here’s our interview with 80’s & 90’s WWF manager, personality & nerd, Jameson. We discuss the Booby Heenan show & Prime Time tapings, along with his friendship with Sherri and acting.

... And people not spelling his name correctly. He confirmed, it’s ‘E’ not ‘I’, but tell that to the WWE encyclopaedia. We’ve covered all (both) angles (spellings) 👍

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/jamison-interview

A2203BC0-EC60-49F0-988A-CE197ECAA4A7.jpeg

SCG Radio returns this week for the latest episode of our Monday Night War Timeline series, covering March and April 2000! Breaking down all the big stories of the period and covering every Raw, Nitro and PPV, we discuss topics such as: The curious build to WrestleMania 2000, the hideous Uncensored event, Steve Austin's return at Backlash, Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo's return to power in WCW and subsequent formation of the New Blood angle, Hulk Hogan still being an arsehole, Mike Awesome jumps from ECW, WWF Vs. WCW for the ECW Title, Chris Jericho wins the WWF Title (not really), David Arquette wins the WCW Title (really), and a shocking statistic rears its head to contextualise just how bad things have gotten in Atlanta. Of course, we have all the facts, figures, ratings and buyrates, as well as notes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletters of the time - a blast as usual, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/kww9g4/SCG_Radio_155_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_Mar_and_Apr_2000.mp3

• Paid Members

ECW music legend Harry Slash joins me for his 1st ever podcast chat. We go deep about his career with ECW, his friendships with Heyman & ECW alumni, the China Club, licensing issues, the most iconic rock riffs in wrestling history & more.

https://m.soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/harry-slash-interview-ecw-music-legend 

8DF395A3-1E2C-4EB4-8418-DB9455FDFC11.jpeg

• Paid Members

Anyone caught Grado's Wrestling Daft? probably the funniest wrestling podcast ive listened too, just two mates bullshitting and telling ridiculous wrestling related stories. The interviews are good too.

• 2 weeks later...