Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I'm late to the party with Steve Austin's podcast. Just listening to the Chael Sonnen one now and it's great so far. Austin's a natural for it, he's like Nash in that he can chat shit about anything and it's entertaining to listen to.

Ā 

Who else has been on there so far besides Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash and Terry Funk? Has the Mark Henry one been done yet?

• Paid Members

Thanks to Ian for the PlaceToBe recommendation. Listened to that latest Kevin Kelly episode today, which was great. I'll definitely check out more of their stuff in the future.

Ā 

Wand, you can see a full list of Austin's episodes to date here: http://www.podcastone.com/f/Steve-Austin-Show Henry hasn't been on yet, but even the episodes with no guests are well worth a listen, especially the Macho Mani-Pedi one (#3).

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

The Terry Funk episode is a great listen too, although once again I was distracted by the sound of Stone Cold heavy breathing into the microphone while Funk was talking. Funk comes across as one of the nicest blokes in the world, you can't not love him.

Ā 

The other thing I listened to at work today was the latest Place To Be episode previewing Extreme Rules and reviewing the week's wrestling TV. Decent way to pass the time, but it gets painful listening to a couple of (for want of a better word) smart marks flapping their gums for two hours. Some of the opinions thrown about just made me cringe, especially when it came to the Austin Aries incident, which they blamed Hemme for.

Edited by Arch Stanton

The Terry Funk episode is a great listen too, although once again I was distracted by the sound of Stone Cold heavy breathing into the microphone while Funk was talking. Funk comes across as one of the nicest bloke in the world, you can't not love the bloke.

Ā 

The other thing I listened to at work today was the latest Place To Be episode previewing Extreme Rules and reviewing the week's wrestling TV. Decent way to pass the time, but it gets painful listening to a couple of (for want of a better word) smart marks flapping their gums for two hours. Some of the opinions thrown about just made me cringe, especially when it came to the Austin Aries incident, which they blamed Hemme for.

Ā 

They didn't blame her for it, they said she blew it out of proportion. Still a silly response though.

Ā 

I've liked what I've heard of PTB so far, especially the Kevin Kelly ones. But they're a bit shit when they're not talking about wrestling or trying to do 'comedy'. They don't have warmth or the charm of the Review A Wai blokes, who often talk shit but make sure it's funny mundane shit we can relate to. Place To Be seem to chat a lot about the NFL and other shite that goes over my head.

• Paid Members
The Terry Funk episode is a great listen too, although once again I was distracted by the sound of Stone Cold heavy breathing into the microphone while Funk was talking. Funk comes across as one of the nicest bloke in the world, you can't not love the bloke.

Ā 

Ā 

Been giving them a listen too. That episode might have been a bad one to start, their strengths lie in their knowledge of Monday Night War era stuff and like others have said, the Kevin Kelly episodes, which are timeline-like looks at 97, 98 and 99 are just so good. Kelly provides a lot of backstage insight and is a tremendous guest.

Ā 

If you're looking for more contemporary wrestling coverage, Review-a-Raw/Impact/Wai is the cream of the crop.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members
Been giving them a listen too. That episode might have been a bad one to start, their strengths lie in their knowledge of Monday Night War era stuff and like others have said, the Kevin Kelly episodes, which are timeline-like looks at 97, 98 and 99 are just so good. Kelly provides a lot of backstage insight and is a tremendous guest.

Ā 

If you're looking for more contemporary wrestling coverage, Review-a-Raw/Impact/Wai is the cream of the crop.

I did listen to the most recent Kevin Kelly one yeah, which was great. That was what persuaded me to follow their future episodes. I will certainly listen to all future ones where they are looking back at that era.

Ā 

I will have to check out Review-a-whatever, thanks for the tip.

Add me to the list of those who checked out the P2B podcast with Kevin Kelly. He provided a lot new stuff I hadn't heard about before. Going to check out the rest of those 1999 PPV reviews too. A great listen for two hours too.

Ā 

I think Martin Hines has a new episode up of his Interesting People podcast, with Peter Rosenberg who has interviewed a lot of the big WWE names in the last few years. Looking forward to giving it a listen.

Edited by Joey Joe Joe Jr

Add me to the list of those who checked out the P2B podcast with Kevin Kelly. He provided a lot new stuff I hadn't heard about before. Going to check out the rest of those 1999 PPV reviews too. A great listen for two hours too.

Ā 

I think Martin Hines has a new episode up of his Interesting People podcast, with Peter Rosenberg who has interviewed a lot of the big WWE names in the last few years. Looking forward to giving it a listen.

Ā 

Listened to a bit of the 1997 stuff with Kevin Kelly today, really insightful! I still don't get why Austin wouldn't work with jarett - anyone know?!

not a podcast but i'll be joined tonight on my show by UKFF's favourite Andy Hogg, a veteran of the UK scene in Mean Machine Mark Sanders and the current EBW champion Danny Debris. Tune in from 5-7 at www.redroadmusic.com

Listened to a bit of the 1997 stuff with Kevin Kelly today, really insightful! I still don't get why Austin wouldn't work with jarett - anyone know?!

Same reason he wouldn't lose to Lesnar - Austin was a fussy, paranoid cunt who was always wary of creative plans that might damage his status. And he was right to be, really. But his refusal to show vulnerability and insistence on doing the same invincible routine as a babyface hurt him a bit after a while.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I thought the story was that Austin was fine with working with Lesnar, but thought it was madness to give it away for free on Raw? Not saying that he wasn't super-protective of his character, but that's always been his side of the story with regards to that situation.