Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Mauro Ranello is the commentator for Showtime boxing and former Strikeforce and Pride announcer, and was also the Matrats commentator and got his start in Stampede Wrestling as a teenager. He used to go out with Natalya Neidhart as well. His roots are from pro wrestling.

• Paid Members

Yeah. He's really good mates with all the (non-mental) members of the Hart Family, so it was probably a sympathy shag I imagine. The fact he's best mates with Natalya still seems to point to that.

Ranallo's done everything hasn't he? He was in line for a job with WCW in 2001 before it went under as well. I think wrestling was his calling. He's filled with all the clich

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah, I find him irritating commentating MMA, especially his Strikeforce stuff, he wasn't as bad for it in Pride. But he probably would be more suited to pro wrestling commentating actually. As you say he's a bit of a clich

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Mauro Ranallo has a podcast now. Its pretty cool if you can get past Mauro's over reactions to the smallest comment ("OH MY! THAT WAS FUN HAHAHA!" etc). He has a boxing, MMA and wrestling guest on each week. Its pretty stacked. It actually over delivers. Todd Keneley and Konnan are the guests on the wrestling end for todays episode. Good stuff. Well worth a listen.

http://mauroranallo.com/theshow/

• Paid Members

Gave that Ranallo podcast a go today, it was alright. I'm not big into UFC or boxing so zoned out for some parts, but the chat with Konnan was good. Konnan comes across well, is his own podcast good?Ian, you're right about the Mauro's voice- he can make the most mundane sentence sound so dramatic with the way he emphasises EVERY other WORD. It's a little irritating at times. Still, his voice is nowhere near as annoying as Bryan Alvarez's.

Gave that Ranallo podcast a go today, it was alright. I'm not big into UFC or boxing so zoned out for some parts, but the chat with Konnan was good. Konnan comes across well, is his own podcast good?Ian, you're right about the Mauro's voice- he can make the most mundane sentence sound so dramatic with the way he emphasises EVERY other WORD. It's a little irritating at times. Still, his voice is nowhere near as annoying as Bryan Alvarez's.

Not really. He's very up front with the fact that he's high when he records it; but he makes such a big deal about it, he comes off like a 16 year old who has had his first toke and suddenly thinks he's well 'ard and cool. And he struggles to grasp so many simple things that you can almost hear Court and MSL (his co-hosts) thinking 'this guy is a fucking idiot but he spills a lot of dirt so let's just keep this show going'. Also with some guests he just interrupts them while they're in the middle of something and jumps down their throats. I remember him spending about 40 mins trying to get Gabe Sapolsky to spill something and it go boring after a while.

• Paid Members

Dave Meltzer is on Colt Cabana's podcast today. Its excellent. Its strange to hear Dave so enthusiastic. He sounds like he did on Eyada. These days he sounds sick as fuck when talking to Alvarez. It must be all the content he has to do because some of them PPV and Raw and UFC reviews during the night he sounds like he cant be arsed. He doesn't even do Impact recaps. But he's cracking on this. Seems happy to be there. Meltzer is always someone super interesting to listen to get interviewed. I wish someone on here would interview him, because he never gets asked about his days editing a footy mag and hanging out with George Best. Bluetonic would be the man for the job.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Got stuck into the Austin podcasts last night after a few too many, they really are excellent, helps that his mates are the biggest and best in the business and he actually seems to be enjoying himself, is he just doing it for kicks? I can't imagine he needs the money with him seemingly the next big straight to dvd action star.

Edited by Maverick

Dave Meltzer is on Colt Cabana's podcast today. Its excellent. Its strange to hear Dave so enthusiastic. He sounds like he did on Eyada. These days he sounds sick as fuck when talking to Alvarez. It must be all the content he has to do because some of them PPV and Raw and UFC reviews during the night he sounds like he cant be arsed. He doesn't even do Impact recaps. But he's cracking on this. Seems happy to be there. Meltzer is always someone super interesting to listen to get interviewed. I wish someone on here would interview him, because he never gets asked about his days editing a footy mag and hanging out with George Best. Bluetonic would be the man for the job.

I got to hang out with Dave a little when we were both covering a UK UFC show, and George was one of the first subjects we talked about. I'm not sure I can repeat any of the stories but Dave was amazed that anyone outside of the U.S had ever seen this famous goal:
Edited by Brian Elliott