Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Is there any Austin ones guys would really recommend? I've only dipped my toes in so to speak, but listened to the HBK one and the Samoa Joe one (which i thought was ace) but which ones are worth it and which ones should I skip? I though Helms might be a good listen, actually, thought he'd at least have a bunch of stories.

• Paid Members
Is there any Austin ones guys would really recommend? I've only dipped my toes in so to speak, but listened to the HBK one and the Samoa Joe one (which i thought was ace) but which ones are worth it and which ones should I skip? I though Helms might be a good listen, actually, thought he'd at least have a bunch of stories.

Nash was great - that was 3 parts. He's fucking hilarious.

The 2 Hall ones were great too.

Start there!

And did anyone else think Mark Rocco came across as completely full of shit on Colt's Podcast? Nearly everything he said just sounded like lies.

• Paid Members
And did anyone else think Mark Rocco came across as completely full of shit on Colt's Podcast? Nearly everything he said just sounded like lies.

He came across as a proper dinosaur, I thought. It was quite embarrassing some of the rubbish he was coming out with regarding wrestling today. If you believed Rocco, WWE is all about topless women, guns and explosions. It sounds like he's not watched a thing in years, which would be fine, but don't pass comment if you don't know what you're commenting on. Colt should have had the balls to challenge him a little more, but he never does that, he's too respectful if anything.

His stories about Japan were fun, though.

• Paid Members

He came across as a proper dinosaur, I thought. It was quite embarrassing some of the rubbish he was coming out with regarding wrestling today. If you believed Rocco, WWE is all about topless women, guns and explosions. It sounds like he's not watched a thing in years, which would be fine, but don't pass comment if you don't know what you're commenting on. Colt should have had the balls to challenge him a little more, but he never does that, he's too respectful if anything.

His stories about Japan were fun, though.

Add to that how delusional he was about the good ol' days too - he said that all US promotions were copying everything from British Wrestling and that the British guys invented everything including gimmicks, coming out to music, and even having TV shows! Madness - there were numerous awkward silences where he spouted some shite, Colt didn't want to agree, but was too polite to disagree - so they both just sat there in awkwardness.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/aow-152...395853&mt=2

Bullshit starts 10:48 in.

Edited by herbie747

Lawler, Regal and X-Pac to look forward to in the coming weeks. Cant wait for those.

Skip the Hurricane Helms one. Nothing against Hurricane, but its quite boring. Austin really doesn't seem into it either.

Yeah, I switched it off after 15-20. Not someone I was interested in listening to but thought I'd give it a go. Was so boring.

That reminded me of the Sky Sports 'Time of Their Lives' wrestling episode with Rocco, Mick McManus, and Banger Walsh.

I'm not saying Rocco is a fan of WWE internet shows, but it struck me as odd that he told a story about air hostesses holding up a towel at the back of a tiny aeroplane for Giant Haystacks (who was too huge to fit in the plane's toilet) to have a shit, when someone on the 'Giants' episode of WWE Legends Roundtable (Pat Patterson iirc) had told EXACTLY the same story a few years earlier about Andre The Giant doing that.

Maybe it's one of those wrestling urban myths that people claim to have witnessed in person.

Regarding Austin's podcast, the Trish Stratus one was pretty good too.

Edited by dopper

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I enjoyed the first half hour but she does become just too much. She definitely seems to be a candiate that people with the lowest self esteem act the most over confident to make up for it. At least that's how I'm rationalising it....surely nobody is genuinely that arrogant. Got round to Justin Credible's AOW one though and that was really good. Seems a genuine bloke, hope he can stay on course.

Listening to Bauer and Pollock today, he didnt bring it up this time, but hearing Court putting over his indy wank MLW promotion is geting old fast. Court is still good for tidbits but he's fast becoming exhaustingly repetitive.

On a more positive note Interesting People Talking Wrestling is superb. The latest one with Des Delgadillo the blind wrestling journalist was fascinating. Been watching/listening to a lot of OSW Review too which is the perfect accompaniment if you find yourself watching any Hogan era WWF PPV's. Genuinely funny stuff.

Edited by Benno

I dunno, but I really loved The Hurricane Helms - Stone Cold Podcast. Thought it was brilliant and he came across well. The story of when he became the Hurricane was great. I've just listened to part 1 of Jerry Lawler. Austin is a great interviewer also, but King is just all kinds of fantastic, I could listen to him talk for hours. Im finding the Austin podcasts brilliant, some great stories in there.

Edited by Cobra1000