Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I still like MLW even if it's got a tad repetitive and I wouldn't say Konnan was homophobic but he does use a lot of the language. It's like your grandad saying something racist, you know he's out of touch and it's a bit bad but he means no harm and it can still be pretty funny.

The thing about him hitting that rat was kind of jarring though. MSL was never going to say anything but I thought if there was ever a time to prove she had any worth to the podcast, that was Alice Radley's chance to chime in, she clearly shit herself though.

Alice's story about her coming to Scotland to live with her fiance and leaving an hour later because she didn't like the look of him was fucking weird too. She had a whole meltdown on twitter a few months ago when she stopped being on the podcast and was moaning about nobody from MLW talking to her, then she deleted her account and disappeared. She seems to be back to make the numbers up but she really doesn't fit for me.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

I don't have any intention of listening to MLW because I thought Konnan was one of the worst wrestlers of all time so I sure as hell don't want to listen to him talk about something he was fucking crap at. But what exactly is the kind of stuff he goes on about, I've read references to his rants so often in this thread now.

I don't have any intention of listening to MLW because I thought Konnan was one of the worst wrestlers of all time so I sure as hell don't want to listen to him talk about something he was fucking crap at. But what exactly is the kind of stuff he goes on about, I've read references to his rants so often in this thread now.

I've stopped listening to MLW. Court just comes off as really aloof and that kid who was a nerd at school but because he helped the bullies with their homework he was considered "safe" by them. Basically the Richard Hammond type as described by Stewart Lee. Konnan is horribly irgnorant. I've said it before but you can hear the other two sit in silence after he has said something dumb. He misses the point on so many subjects. And the constant weed references....he comes off as a 15 year old taking his first puff and thinking he's cool.

The woman just doesn't fit in with the other guys.

MSL is really the only one ai can tolerate.

The last Steve Austin Tuesday show was great. He's back in LA so was just him talking about his trip. These are my favourite ones, when he just tells you what he's been up to, it's so weirdly fascinating. Had a good chuckle when he talks about trying to buy IPA in Texas!

• Paid Members
Bruno Sammartino was really good on AOW last week, he's got a lovely voice to listen to and he seems like a really good chap. Shame it's only an hour long, I could have listened to his stories for much longer.

Wrestling Observer Radio have a few great in depth interviews archived on their site, although if you're tight you may find them in other dark corners of the internet.

Sammartino has a lovely Grandad quality to him, which makes him very listenable. He's king of "I'm not bragging but..."

I still like MLW even if it's got a tad repetitive and I wouldn't say Konnan was homophobic but he does use a lot of the language. It's like your grandad saying something racist, you know he's out of touch and it's a bit bad but he means no harm and it can still be pretty funny.

Its not like Konnan's not around gay people. He's done business with Cassandro who's been pretty open about facing homophobia in his life. So I'm not really sure the "oh, he doesn't know any better" argument really works.

• Paid Members

If anyone is looking for a cracking little podcast, here's one. Allan Blackstock's podcast has started off very well with a great interview with Greg Lambert and the second one has the UKFF's own PowerButchi and John Lister waxing lyrical about the UK scene past and present. Check it out.

http://wrestlingeye.libsyn.com/wrestling-e...arv-gaz-maybury

Includes the line "he could sleep with my mother and I'd cheer him on" from our Butch.

• Paid Members
If anyone is looking for a cracking little podcast, here's one. Allan Blackstock's podcast has started off very well with a great interview with Greg Lambert and the second one has the UKFF's own PowerButchi and John Lister waxing lyrical about the UK scene past and present. Check it out.

http://wrestlingeye.libsyn.com/wrestling-e...arv-gaz-maybury

Includes the line "he could sleep with my mother and I'd cheer him on" from our Butch.

Listening to that in work tonight. The Lambert interview was really neat, just a nice bit of convo that I found interesting.

I was just coming to link Blackstock's podcast, It certainly has started off with a bang. He's often at NW shows and knows his stuff. Hope it works out as is a good listen, once he gets past the initial nerves in ep1 :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
I was just coming to link Blackstock's podcast, It certainly has started off with a bang. He's often at NW shows and knows his stuff. Hope it works out as is a good listen, once he gets past the initial nerves in ep1 :thumbsup:

They should get Butch on again. I thought he was really good during the bits they asked him questions. I'd like them to have a proper interview with him.

• Paid Members

They should get Butch on again. I thought he was really good during the bits they asked him questions. I'd like them to have a proper interview with him.

I thought everyone was really good on that. Butch was lovely in little bits on the show. I found some of the stuff on that fascinating. I loved Butch and his undying defense of Jim Duggan.

Episode 3 - Steven Fludder

3rd episode is up now with Fludder. Will give that a listen in work.

Edited by WWFChilli