Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Got stuck into the Austin podcasts last night after a few too many, they really are excellent, helps that his mates are the biggest and best in the business and he actually seems to be enjoying himself, is he just doing it for kicks? I can't imagine he needs the money with him seemingly the next big straight to dvd action star.

He signed a deal to do them.

• Paid Members

George Best scored that goal for the San Jose Earthquakes during the time Dave Meltzer was their press officer. Strange to think that he was probably at the game Best scored that famous goal.Its fair to say Paul Diamond would have saved it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The Meltzer AOW podcast is fantastic. Like Ian said he sounds so enthusiastic about everything that it's a joy to listen to. Poor show from Cabana though who seemed completely lost on quite a few occasions in terms of what to ask or talk about. He's always much better with guys he knows but he was unusually poor on this I thought. Thankfully Meltzer was a great guest and did most of the talking. He probably would have no interest in doing one but a Meltzer shoot interview would be a great watch/listen. I don't mean 3 hours of Meltzer dishing the dirt and exposing all of his sources, more just an extended version of this where he discusses his history.

• Paid Members

In last months 4 hour mailbag on WO.com, he was asked about a shoot interview. He said he's had offers to do one, just its not the time yet. Sounds like he's going to do one eventually, just not yet. Sean Oliver said he was close to doing a guest booker with him. On the interview yesterday, where Dave interviewed Cabana on the Observer site, Dave seemed surprised people wanted to hear about his early days getting into wrestling and stuff. I think we'll see one from him eventually. Hopefully not with Feinstein or that cock from Highspots, though. Bob Barnett or Sean Oliver is the only ones who would do it justice.

Just listening to the Steve Austin podcast with Bret Hart, and Bret mentioned Owen's hijinks and gags. I'm familiar with the smoking gestures and the popcorn shots and a few other things, but Bret mentioned Owen calling highspots that are impossible to do. I've never heard that before, and the notion of it cracks me up. Are there any examples anywhere of the stuff he used to call?

• Paid Members

Just listening to the Steve Austin podcast with Bret Hart, and Bret mentioned Owen's hijinks and gags. I'm familiar with the smoking gestures and the popcorn shots and a few other things, but Bret mentioned Owen calling highspots that are impossible to do. I've never heard that before, and the notion of it cracks me up. Are there any examples anywhere of the stuff he used to call?

"Sit-out Tombstone Piledriver! lol"

Couple of new episodes of the show. First with MMA journalist and broadcaster Brad Wharton where we talked about pretty much every MMA/pro wrestling crossover that there has been. Link here - http://martinhines.com/2013/06/08/interest...9-brad-wharton/

And secondly with Des Delgadillo, who has been blind since he was three years old. Now 20, it's a great show hearing how he perceives wrestling as a massive fan - http://martinhines.com/2013/06/21/interest...des-delgadillo/

Edited by Bluetonic

• Paid Members

There's a pretty lengthy chat with Bill Goldberg on the latest Mauro Ranallo show. Goldberg comes across as such an awesome guy. Once again he established that he would be interested in wrestling in WWE again, if the deal was right for him. He mentions that they way he left the company (vs Lesnar at WMXX) was not the send off he wanted. It actually sounds like he's really keen for them to reach out to him. Definitely an interesting conversation and well worth a listen.Mark 'Rollerball' Rocco is on Colt Cabana'a AOW podcast. As much as I enjoy listening to guys from that WoS era, it does grate on me when they have nothing but criticism for modern day WWE when it's painfully obvious that they never actually watch the product. Apparently in WWE they have people shooting each other, people getting thrown off the top of buildings and topless girls on the show. Colt is always so polite that he will let them say what they want and never challenge their opinions, no matter how outdated or wide of the mark they are. Aside from those irritations, it's a good listen. Rocco really did have a hell of a career.Some more interesting comments from Colt at the start of the show too.. "Dusty Rhodes didn't like me... Arn Anderson didn't like me either, Fit Finlay didn't like me.... actually I don't think any of the veterans liked me". Poor lad.

Edited by Arch Stanton

I was trying to listen to Colt's prodcast with Rocco but it wont' download, or skip and so coming back to it I'm forced to either not listen to it or listen to Colt whine about how nobody likes him again. So far I'm taking the former. I like the fact that he's narrowed that down to either him beign shit or the vets not being with the times. Not that he's alright but just not good enough for the biggest company in the world, or that he's style doesn't fit, or that they found him annoying, it's either him being shit or them being too old.

• Paid Members
George Best scored that goal for the San Jose Earthquakes during the time Dave Meltzer was their press officer. Strange to think that he was probably at the game Best scored that famous goal.

Its fair to say Paul Diamond would have saved it.

In case you haven't heard, he was asked about this on a show this weekend. He was sat directly behind the goal (as in literally behind the goal, not in the stands) when it went in.

• Paid Members
George Best scored that goal for the San Jose Earthquakes during the time Dave Meltzer was their press officer. Strange to think that he was probably at the game Best scored that famous goal.

Its fair to say Paul Diamond would have saved it.

In case you haven't heard, he was asked about this on a show this weekend. He was sat directly behind the goal (as in literally behind the goal, not in the stands) when it went in.

I actually sent that in. Every time a George Best question comes through, I'm the one who's asked it. I'm fascinated that Dave Meltzer actually knew him. Its the one defense I'd use if I was him to the "he's not a real sports journalist" criticism. I loved how he described the goal. I think he said something about when he saw the goal it was as if it wasn't real or something. Some over the top analogy which I thought was great.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• 4 weeks later...