Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I absolutely love the Steve Austin Show. It has quickly become one of my favourite pods/radio shows. He's just so effortlessly funny. The bit on the I'M BACK pod when he said girls need to use 'just a cunthair less between the tits' in regards to perfume, had me dying. Gonna go and listen to Nash part two now.

Was really looking forward to hearing Kevin Nash on Austin's podcast. Apart from a couple of stories, the whole thing seemed a bit flat. Definitely the weakest episode of the SAS show so far. Hoping it picks up a bit in part two.

I thought it was good, but part two is even better, a must listen to.

• Paid Members

It may just be really well edited, but it seems like Austin leaves his guests hanging on the line while he shills, so I suppose it's not just us suffering..

• Paid Members

Place To Be podcast is great. They do year reviews and PPV reviews dating back from the first WWF PPV onwards and have figures from the time doing timelines. Pretty great stuff. Kevin Kelly is doing 1999. Halfway through he goes off on Bob Ryder paying wrestlers to let him fuck them. When quizzed about these "rumours" he says "What rumours? Its a pretty famous story in the wrestling business. Abyss walked into that deal. No wonder he wore a mask for years". WOAH! I'm lumping James Storm and Chris Harris in there as well. I guess all those stories are true.

http://placetobe.podbean.com/

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I wish I had my own podcast. I was going to make one before, but alas I'm lazy and would spend half of it moaning about Shane Douglas.

Was that the one I was going to co-host? We bounced that idea for at least two PMs, which is pretty committed for us, I think.

• Paid Members
Place To Be podcast is great. They do year reviews and PPV reviews dating back from the first WWF PPV onwards and have figures from the time doing timelines. Pretty great stuff. Kevin Kelly is doing 1999. Halfway through he goes off on Bob Ryder paying wrestlers to let him fuck them. When quizzed about these "rumours" he says "What rumours? Its a pretty famous story in the wrestling business. Abyss walked into that deal. No wonder he wore a mask for years". WOAH! I'm lumping James Storm and Chris Harris in there as well. I guess all those stories are true.

http://placetobe.podbean.com/

Cheers for informing me of this Ian, been looking for another wrestling podcast and these are pretty great so far!

• Paid Members
It may just be really well edited, but it seems like Austin leaves his guests hanging on the line while he shills, so I suppose it's not just us suffering..

I think it's an edit. The same plugs in exactly the same delivery appear in different podcasts, so I suspect there's no downtime at all really and in post-production they insert it.

The Shawn one was a tonne of fun. I like that Austin had actually done homework (reeling off Shawn's accolades) that gave it a more professional veneer and then would deliberately cover fresh things (the fact that they were programmed together on the loop with Austin politely requesting to call the matches) because he was well aware that fans always ask the same questions.

• Paid Members

Part Two of Kevin Nash on the Steve Austin Show was great, except for the audible whistling of Stone Cold's nose throughout. Production values Steve!

They obviously ended up chatting for way longer than they planned for, as they have only just got as far as the Curtain Call. Big Kev will be back on the show soon to cover the rest of his career.

Terry Funk is the next guest on the show, which is available tomorrow. That should be tremendous too. Austin said on one of his earlier episodes that he has just finished reading Terry's autobiography, so he's done his homework for this one.

Stone Cold is knocking these fuckers out at a rate of knots. I just hope he doesn't run out of people to talk to soon and get bored of doing the shows. The pace at which he is doing these is definitely not sustainable.

Anyway, here's a little treat for those that have listened to Nash Part Two....

p166.jpeg

Edited by Arch Stanton