Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Anyone else listened to this week's Review a Wai? They're talking about British Boot Camp this week. I thought they were quite unfairly harsh on it being scripted, though I suppose they do have a point that if it's being pushed as reality we shouldn't really be expected to have look past that too much to enjoy it.

I personally really enjoyed Boot Camp, but only once you embraced that it was basically a three hour long promo.

Good show as always from them. As I said in the feedback, I was quite disappointed that it wasn't more like Tough Enough, and more like X Factor instead after the first two shows. Once you accept that it's going to be the wrestling version and admire the publicity it got TNA and the hopefuls, then it's easier to enjoy (if you can enjoy the scripted nature of reality TV).

Next week's show looking at that Donahue edition with Bruno, Vince and Meltzer ought to be awesome.

Also, this week's Valentine's MLW was a snoozer.

• Paid Members
Next week's show looking at that Donahue edition with Bruno, Vince and Meltzer ought to be awesome.

Quite proud to have been the one to first suggest that. As soon as I saw it I thought It'd be a great episode.

With regards to this weeks show, people complaining about a reality show being a work and at that, a WRESTLING reality show being a work, just begs belief. As does the people who gave feedback (hopefully not the poster above) saying they were disapointed Spud won because he was a "dick" and "unprofessional".

Edited by Benno

Episode five of Interesting People Talking Wrestling with NFL broadcaster/journalist Mike Carlson, talking all sorts, including:

What similarities the NFL and wrestling have

His thoughts on the XFL

Thoughts on the concussion issues currently being talked about hugely in both wrestling and football

Some of his wrestling impressions

Some old school WWWF chat

His favourite wrestlers and matches of all time

His admiration of the female Japanese wrestling scene in the late eighties/early nineties

Which NFL athletes would make good wrestlers

If anyone in US sport could be compared to Vince McMahon

How The Wrestling Observer turned him into a serious wrestling fan

All the info on how to listen/subscribe is here: http://wp.me/psVQF-6I

• Paid Members
Episode five of Interesting People Talking Wrestling with NFL broadcaster/journalist Mike Carlson, talking all sorts, including:

What similarities the NFL and wrestling have

His thoughts on the XFL

Thoughts on the concussion issues currently being talked about hugely in both wrestling and football

Some of his wrestling impressions

Some old school WWWF chat

His favourite wrestlers and matches of all time

His admiration of the female Japanese wrestling scene in the late eighties/early nineties

Which NFL athletes would make good wrestlers

If anyone in US sport could be compared to Vince McMahon

How The Wrestling Observer turned him into a serious wrestling fan

All the info on how to listen/subscribe is here: http://wp.me/psVQF-6I

Just saw this on Carlsons twitter feed. Not even a big football fan anymore but always got time for the man himself. Looking forward to listening.

Next weeks MLW will feature the first of a two part interview with Christopher Jericho. Which should be very interesting. On this weeks episode Konnan mentioned something along the lines of " What Zeb Colter is spouting is really no different to what Dutch Mantell really thinks, he's pretty racist" Quite the controversial character is K-Dogg.

Nerdist are at it yet again, this time with Mick Foley.

Not as good as the Punk & Jericho ones but still well worth a listen, most I've enjoyed Foley in years. Link Here

Good news as well, Edge has just agreed to do a one with them as well sometime soon. Hopefully they manage to get AJ on a future episode too, she'd be right at home on the show.

That's awesome that they've had some many wrestling people in such a short space of time. One of my favourite podcasts. Hardwick kept saying how nervous he was doing Punk at first, because of how it would be received by non-fans and that he would displease the wrestling fans for not knowing wrestling. I actually thought it was refreshing to have Punk have to rehash the same old story about liking Piper when he was younger, which he has said he hates doing. The Jericho one was an hour of retro TV talk which I loved, and it sounded like they could have filled another hour easy before even talking about wrestling. Looking forward to this one, and Edge of that's true. I think Dolph would be pretty good to have on that one as he loves a lot of the stand up and TV comedy, which would go down well with the Nerdist audience.

• 2 weeks later...